ROSS'S BIG GAME LIST

19 minutes ago, Schitaku said:

So much traffic, this video bombed this site! Took me only 2 hours to register.

I have no idea why of all videos, that was the one which pulled the most.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ekket said:

There is a search feature, in the top right corner of the website.

Ah yeah, I didn't notice that. Thanks.

I guess part of the reason I didn't notice it, though, is because the search bar is in line with the tabs, suggesting it is site-wide functionality only, instead of being unique based on whatever subsection of the site the user is in. Since it's the only search bar, no matter where it is put, it will probably still intuitively be the first thing that users check out if they want to search for something across the whole website, so I'd suggest pulling it down to below the tabs, like this:

Accursed Farms redone.png

Edited by Mousazz

This is pretty cool. I've found a few games I've played on here, and I'm very happy to see Battlezone 98 Redux, I hope Ross considers its sequel as well! 

I have a different reason for being stressed about the state of gaming today: its complete takeover by aggressive, totalitarian left wing political activists. It started with gaming journalism and communities in 2014, and quickly spread to the games themselves. So I stopped buying Western games entirely and focused only on Japanese ones. But then I had to stop buying from Steam because they, too, jumped on board the leftist bandwagon. So I limited myself to GOG. But then I had to stop buying from GOG because they, too, jumped on board the leftist bandwagon. Well at least I still had my PS4 and Vita... oh wait, no, Sony are now leftists too, and even more extreme than anyone else. No more Sony games, then. And Nintendo? The third party publishers seem to be converging towards leftism as well, whether out of fear or out of conviction, and I can only assume Nintendo themselves will sooner or later follow suit, so no reason to bother with them. What remains after all this? Some independent Japanese games published through niche channels (for now), and freeware games.

I can tolerate the conventional problems of the industry, as they are at least very obvious, happen on a game-by-game basis, and are motivated by mere greed, but the politics are a miasma hanging over everything. Even if the game itself doesn't seem to have any politics, you can still count on the developers mouthing off on twitter. If all else fails, the stores themselves are still compromised, so in the end it doesn't matter what the game is like. I don't even pay attention to new releases anymore, because there's no point. Of course there are thousands of older games for many different platforms, and I still have a lot of games backlogged, so it's not like I don't have anything to play. But as far as I'm concerned the worldwide game industry is dead.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, indeed i am not said:

[snip]

I dunno man, it's pretty easy to not see that stuff if you want. But I haven't bought a game in a while. All I play right now is MTG:A and Destiny 2. I don't have a lot of time to play. Also, don't use Twitter.

Edited by ekket
Make thread better to browse

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, indeed i am not said:

[snip]

I mean... we could talk about this in the General American Politics thread, rather than on the game list. Because I think this falls more under that than what Ross has to do with it.

Edited by ekket

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, indeed i am not said:

[snip]

It sounds like this political stuff is a miasma hanging over you more than anything. I don’t like when things get overly political too, right or left, but it’s nowhere near as bad as you’re making it sound. It’s not really fair to say that an artist isn’t allowed to have a message in their work whether you agree with it or not. Also, I agree with Kraken, this a bit off topic for the thread.

Edited by ekket

5 minutes ago, General Custard said:

It sounds like this political stuff is a miasma hanging over you more than anything. I don’t like when things get overly political too, right or left, but it’s nowhere near as bad as you’re making it sound. It’s not really fair to say that an artist isn’t allowed to have a message in their work whether you agree with it or not. Also, I agree with Kraken, this a bit off topic for the thread.

A totalitarian extremist left wing movement holds power over almost anything related to video games, and anyone who dissents is banned, doxxed, ostracized, smeared and fired from their jobs. They will not even permit other developers to freely make their own games. And according to you I am the problem and these leftists merely have messages in their works.

2 minutes ago, indeed i am not said:

[snip]

Seriously can we just do this in the General American Politics?

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

Seriously can we just do this in the General American Politics?

Why should a political problem be treated any differently than a non-political one, like microtransactions?

Just now, indeed i am not said:

Why should a political problem be treated any differently than a non-political one, like microtransactions?

It's not that this isn't something to talk about, it's more that this is the wrong thread for it, because a lot of what you're talking about is heavily influenced by your political views.

It's not that this isn't something to talk about, it's more that this is the wrong thread for it, because a lot of what you're talking about is heavily influenced by your political views.

I didn't even say anything about any specific politics, I just described the facts of the situation.

I didn't even say anything about any specific politics, I just described the facts of the situation.

Describing companies as a "complete takeover by aggressive, totalitarian left wing political activists." is pretty political if you ask me.

Describing companies as a "complete takeover by aggressive, totalitarian left wing political activists." is pretty political if you ask me.

It's a factual statement.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, indeed i am not said:

It's a factual statement.

In your perspective, perhaps. But still, this isn't exactly the thread to be arguing this.

Edited by Kraken

In your perspective, perhaps. But still, this isn't exactly the thread to be arguing this.

No, not my perspective. It's a fact. I am describing something that factually happened.

No, not my perspective. It's a fact. I am describing something that factually happened.

If you really want to argue this perspective (or really, a political view), please move it to the General American Politics Thread. I'm not going to keep this going in this thread after this response.

Just now, Kraken said:

If you really want to argue this perspective (or really, a political view), please move it to the General American Politics Thread. I'm not going to keep this going in this thread after this response.

I am describing what has factually happened. What the fuck is wrong with you?

16 minutes ago, indeed i am not said:

First off, I think I agree that talking about this belongs in a different thread.  Here's my quick assessment of what you're saying:

You say this:

"A totalitarian extremist left wing movement holds power over almost anything related to video games, and anyone who dissents is banned, doxxed, ostracized, smeared and fired from their jobs."

"I didn't even say anything about any specific politics, I just described the facts of the situation."

You're calling these facts, but you're using sweeping generalities.  Those don't usually go together.  You say "extremist left" that can mean a lot of different things to different people.  For example, perhaps the biggest issue for people on the left is currently the health care system.  I'm not always up to date on the latest games, but I haven't seen a deluge of games and game developers saying we need health care reform and an industry firing anyone who says anything different.  And you say "extremist", so on a classic political spectrum, the extreme end of left often mean Communism.  Again, I'm not seeing companies like Sony advocate for equal pay for everyone, elimination of classes, and workers owning the means of production.

So since the CEOs of Sony or Rockstar are not quoting Marx at press meetings means your statement is not a FACT.  Facts don't have exceptions.  If they do, they're not facts.  A FACT would be air on Earth contains mostly nitrogen, it's measurable, reproducable, indisputable reality.  So since what you are stating IS an opinion, but you're selling it as fact without clarifiers that's going to get people riled up because of all the vagueness combined with an assertion that it's something it's not.  To me, this all says it would go better in another thread.  I don't mind veering off topic sometimes, but I see this not really taking it in a productive direction for the purpose of this video at least.

1 minute ago, Ross Scott said:

You're calling these facts, but you're using sweeping generalities.  Those don't usually go together.  You say "extremist left" that can mean a lot of different things to different people.  For example, perhaps the biggest issue for people on the left is currently the health care system.  I'm not always up to date on the latest games, but I haven't seen a deluge of games and game developers saying we need health care reform and an industry firing anyone who says anything different.  And you say "extremist", so on a classic political spectrum, the extreme end of left often mean Communism.  Again, I'm not seeing companies like Sony advocate for equal pay for everyone, elimination of classes, and workers owning the means of production.

So since the CEOs of Sony or Rockstar are not quoting Marx at press meetings means your statement is not a FACT.  Facts don't have exceptions.  If they do, they're not facts.  A FACT would be air on Earth contains mostly nitrogen, it's measurable, reproducable, indisputable reality.  So since what you are stating IS an opinion, but you're selling it as fact without clarifiers that's going to get people riled up because of all the vagueness combined with an assertion that it's something it's not.  To me, this all says it would go better in another thread.  I don't mind veering off topic sometimes, but I see this not really taking it in a productive direction for the purpose of this video at least.

Show me where I said anything about health care or Marx or any of these other things. Seems like you want to start debating those topics, while pretending that this is all off-topic and should go somewhere else.