ROSS'S BIG GAME LIST

He'll probably pick up on it if he likes the idea, I'm just a random forum user so don't mind what I say too much really, I didn't feel the need to say that though, it felt redundant, I'm not adding much to the discussion right now to be honest though.

2 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

He'll probably pick up on it if he likes the idea, I'm just a random forum user so don't mind what I say too much really, I didn't feel the need to say that though, it felt redundant, I'm not adding much to the discussion right now to be honest though.

No, no, I think it's important to get input from a lot of people in discussions like this. Don't worry about it. Unless you're just flaming people or posting something completely off-topic, you're contributing to the discussion and your thoughts matter.

33 minutes ago, Fanatic4500 said:

Woah, this is awesome Ross, thanks! I think it would be really cool to do some kind of "book-club" style game conversation. Every month or so you could pick out a game from the list and those interested could buy it, play it, and then there could be a forum post where we discuss it. 

I like this idea, it would be a fun community thing to try out. Maybe the discussions will help to give Ross an idea of what to expect whenever he tries the games, or he can even participate too as a way of helping to get through the list.

6 minutes ago, Webworm said:

Don't worry about it. Unless you're just flaming people or posting something completely off-topic...

Yeah, like that would ever happen! /s

Becoming more video-game centeric will definitely put more butts in digital seats around here. But I like the quaint feel of a run-down saloon, somewhere in the wild-west of the internet.
(*spits in jar* yerr talkin to me about far left wiggers in vidiya games? Tomorrow; high noon, yellow boy *rag time stops playing*  )
Structure and focus are needed for sure.. but too much of it is the antithesis of "fun"

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Im_CIA said:

Becoming more video-game centeric will definitely put more butts in digital seats around here.

Wait, it wasn't already? Also can you guys move over that guy's post please. I've already forgotten about it.

I'll take this as another excuse to post Binary Domain again. (last time I promise, maybe, for now)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/203750/Binary_Domain/

Max Payne too.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/12140/Max_Payne/

I would post other games but I really can't remember what really stood out to me right now.

I actually never made a list for the actually good games... I feel kinda dumb to be honest. I really need to start get one going.

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Greeting Ross,

D'you mind if you can explain why you dislike infinite scrolling feature? 

I aplogise for not following up topic of this thread. Saw a keyword "politic" and noped outta here.

3 minutes ago, ywyak said:

Greeting Ross,

D'you mind if you can explain why you dislike infinite scrolling feature? 

I aplogise for not following up topic of this thread. Saw a keyword "politic" and noped outta here.

Go to collegehumor's Youtube channel and browse their videos from 2012-2013.

5 minutes ago, Ross Scott said:

Go to collegehumor's Youtube channel and browse their videos from 2012-2013.

Fair enough.

Now this here is a feature I have been hoping would become a thing on this site for years now.

Posted (edited)

I was starting to feel like I'm running out of games to be interested in and then Ross drops a list that makes me  love video games again. 

Where were you when Ross saved gaming?

Edited by Operator

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Fanatic4500 said:

If you're into rhythm games, check out Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's a fun dungeon crawling rhythm game. It's really challenging and tons of fun.

I already know about it and I wasn't into it much. Not a fan of the gimmick mostly.

And I generally dislike these one life, dungeon type games, or really tough games. (Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy, FTL)

I need to check out PaRappa 2 though.

MfKLRfg.png

Edited by RaTcHeT302

Greeting and salutation,

I definitely enjoyed your taste and was ecstatic to see a Fantastic award in Subnautica. Its one of the few game that I genuinely enjoyed it gleefully.

However, I wondered why most of the valve game is absent in your list? Especially with a Portal titles...

PS: as a suggestion feature, could I combine all genre and sort them by Ross's award?

Regards,

Definitely not a Donald Fauntleroy Duck.

45 minutes ago, ywyak said:

PS: as a suggestion feature, could I combine all genre and sort them by Ross's award?

You already can, Sort By→Ross's Rating. This is a pretty commonly asked question, does anyone have ideas for making this more obvious?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, ekket said:

You already can, Sort By→Ross's Rating. This is a pretty commonly asked question, does anyone have ideas for making this more obvious?

Cheers. By removing all filter, i can sort all games with fantastic rating.

As for the last one, a suggestion I can make: Box it out (with a different background color)
image.thumb.png.56f036eafca8b4e9de49c584d965e86d.png

Regards,

Edited by ywyak

9 hours ago, Fanatic4500 said:

If you're into rhythm games, check out Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's a fun dungeon crawling rhythm game. It's really challenging and tons of fun.

I left out in the video I'm not into rhythm games either.  Crypt of Necrodancer is on the not-going-to-play-this-but-check-out-the-soundtrack list all the way

Y'know it's kind of weird but Jazztronauts is a really good game. (I'm considering it its own game but it's a gamemode in Garry's Mod that was released fairly recently, almost exactly a year ago.) And it's even more weird that literally no one talks about it. I thought it was good, not particularly hard perhaps, but it was at least interesting. Maybe it's too niche?