ROSS'S BIG GAME LIST

Ross: "I am picky!"

Me: "cool! let's take a look!"

*Looks through 3 pages of adventures*

Me: "oh, I found 4 games I didn't played of like 20 I would even consider playing"

(Not to bash on Ross, after all, you can't be the guy who makes a show about weird games, unless you consider playing weird games)

There are few games that missing there and look like matching overall criteria (based on other games) - the whole WadjetEye catalog (with exception of the Golden Wake and The Shivah, they are quite different from others) is very solid, especially Primordia and Gemini Rue, but it really depends on who like which setting. Anna's Quest is very good (as in "not evil") fantazy fable with some solid gameplay.

Hey guys, how can I follow The List, like the people at the bottom of the page? And also, in decending order, the date they are added to the list. Possible? Amazing list btw, really my kinda stuff. Made an account to follow it. Cheers!  

I tried Wolfendoom before, but only through Zandronum (Don't play Singleplayer stuff through it)
GZDoom is amazing and Realm667 always have great attention to detail in making Doom mods.

As far as the list is concerned, I like it. It's not so much a bother to navigate. One thing to note is when new things have been added.
Like: Maybe some sort of subscription of when new games are on there (I don't mean new, new...)???
I haven't used RSS feeds in like 10 years or so (The Notifications feature can work too). Add that and maybe a follow button of each genre and we've got a handy feature to behold.

Edited by sheridanm962 (see edit history)

I just... I don't even...

@Rus.T: The button is on the right, like this:image.png

@sheridanm962: Having a follow buttton for each genre isn't really possible, since technically, they're all in the same category (the filtering is done dynamically on page load). At least one person has requested an RSS feed, though, and it's not that hard to add one.

3 hours ago, ekket said:

@sheridanm962: Having a follow buttton for each genre isn't really possible, since technically, they're all in the same category (the filtering is done dynamically on page load). At least one person has requested an RSS feed, though, and it's not that hard to add one.

I'm also for an RSS feed. Preferably one that includes comments for the games.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

16 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

I'm also for an RSS feed. Preferably one that includes comments for the games.

19 hours ago, ekket said:

+1 for the RSS. That thing shouldn't die out just because social media is the next big thing.

Just a web developer with some questionable references.

I feel like this was addressed somewhere in this 7 page thread.
But my question is if the forum "Obscure PC Games" have any influence over the list?
Games like "Lords of Magic", "Dark Messiah", "Starsector" would make a nice additions to the collection. But I'm unsure if making a post about them would even influence anything.

13 hours ago, Blindfolded said:

I feel like this was addressed somewhere in this 7 page thread.
But my question is if the forum "Obscure PC Games" have any influence over the list?
Games like "Lords of Magic", "Dark Messiah", "Starsector" would make a nice additions to the collection. But I'm unsure if making a post about them would even influence anything.

I think I've seen so much since I originally made that section in the forum, I honestly forgot about it.  I'll try to go through it again.  The list is a little different though, since it would have to be obscure AND look like something I would enjoy playing.  Game Dungeon doesn't necessarily need those qualifications though. 

I'm surprised Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead isn't on the list. It's the open source zombie (and everything else) roguelike survival game. If you want to take on the apocalypse as a failed cyborg, a wilderness man rejected from society and living off of the land in the forests of New England, or a schizophrenic alcoholic trucker who only knows Tai-chi and knitting, there's no contest. It takes a bit to learn, but compared to other "hard" roguelikes, it's fairly approachable, since the controls make relative sense and the launcher comes with a really nice tileset. It still may be a bit confusing initially if you're not familiar with these sorts of roguelikes at all, but you'll probably be adjusted to the controls within a few hours.

Don't underestimate the wildlife. If you can see the coyotes, it's already too late.

I make stuff. Look at it at https://www.youtube.com/user/MadmanEpic. Or don't. I can't really tell either way.

FYI , epic just released celeste for free for this week, so might as well get it if you don't mind the launcher.

Burn the World!

The Game List now has an RSS feed! This practically took no effort to add, the only reason this took so long is that I got side-tracked with other things and forgot. Anyway, it's a thing for anyone who wants it. I would also like to point out that you can make feeds of your own using the activity stream feature. For example, here's a feed of all comments for the list. The functionality is a bit hidden, but could be of use to some of you.

cc: @BTGBullseye, @Katamori

On 12/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, ekket said:

The Game List now has an RSS feed! This practically took no effort to add, the only reason this took so long is that I got side-tracked with other things and forgot. Anyway, it's a thing for anyone who wants it. I would also like to point out that you can make feeds of your own using the activity stream feature. For example, here's a feed of all comments for the list. The functionality is a bit hidden, but could be of use to some of you.

cc: @BTGBullseye, @Katamori

Thank you!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On 12/21/2021 at 3:54 AM, WhiteFlame said:

Does this game list exist in a spreadsheet form?

Unless someone has been making their own and updating it along with the master list, I don't think so.

Maybe there's a way the web admin(s) could implement a feature to export the list in such a form, but I'd imagine that'd be a lot of work to create something that only a few people might ever use.

That being said, I've handled additions to the list for the last year or so, and use my own spreadsheet for tracking purposes for that. It only has the entries I've inputted (~160), so it's only encompasses about 10% of the actual list, but you're welcome to it if you want it.

On 12/23/2021 at 12:55 AM, Generic-User said:

Unless someone has been making their own and updating it along with the master list, I don't think so.

Maybe there's a way the web admin(s) could implement a feature to export the list in such a form, but I'd imagine that'd be a lot of work to create something that only a few people might ever use.

That being said, I've handled additions to the list for the last year or so, and use my own spreadsheet for tracking purposes for that. It only has the entries I've inputted (~160), so it's only encompasses about 10% of the actual list, but you're welcome to it if you want it.

Aren't there a way to extract at least titles? I'm not web-designer, so I don't know for sure, but logic tells me that if it is a "list", then it can be presented as one too. Well, if nothing, maybe I'll try to find a way

On 12/22/2021 at 10:51 PM, WhiteFlame said:

Aren't there a way to extract at least titles? I'm not web-designer, so I don't know for sure, but logic tells me that if it is a "list", then it can be presented as one too. Well, if nothing, maybe I'll try to find a way

You'll either need access to the list's database to perform a query, or if you lack access, you can program a spider bot to traverse the site (through html requests) and create a list of its own.

Burn the World!