Games that you are happy made it into the Game List

Just as a thought: Which games which you like, or also have in your personal list, made it into it?

In my case it's Alpha Storm, I found out its name again after finding an games magazine from maybe 99 or 98, in the Good&Cheap section...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU351dNB3fE

I first read and wanted to play it when I was maybe seven, and only managed to find the magazine again a few days ago; You could say that despite not having played the game until just now I have quite a history with it, and "That one game with the psychic guy with blue hands" stuck out prominently in my memory.

As fir the game itself, it'd be a great fit for the Dungeon. It has an interesting mix of systems (You have RPG character progression, a set of powers that starts out large, a ship you can improve by stealing components from other ships, simplistic, pseudo AFK combat management that you have to do to board other ships and do the mentioned stealing, and a story to advance, and that's just from having played 30-ish minutes) and a dubiously moral protagonist fighting a seemingly even worse dark empire, and interesting aesthetics. Oh, and the manual straight up tells you to save up a big bomb to drop in the last boss. The tone made me think I wouldn't finish the game if I didn't have this.

I may play it more, the game has such an arrangement of systems that I was confused almost the entire time for a variety of reasons. Your ship has hidden passages that may or may not be of actual use and you have to find on your own, several attacks looked like just generic projectiles but had special effects when they hit enemies; This feels like the kind of thing I wouldn't feel fully in control until I have several hours in it.

So which games from the list did you already know and like, and why?

Just from looking at the first page, DriftForce. I'm always looking for anti-grav racers that *actually* play like F-Zero, since it seems Nintendo is dead set on not making any more F-Zero games. Most ones I know of play more like Wipeout than F-Zero where your machine controls like a fat boat with grease all over it rather than the precision of F-Zero racing machines. I'll have to check it out later.

As for anything personal, I'll have to comb the list some more before finding anything I'm already a fan of.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

I was glad Battlezone 98 Redux made the list... It's sad that mixing RTS and FPS in a game is so rarely done, considering how easy it really is to do in games.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm pretty happy Homeworld(1999) made it

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

As a Warframe fan, I find it kinda funny that Spacelords got in and Warframe didn't.

I understand that Ross has Ninja Fatigue and he may have played Warframe years ago when it was mediocre, but its exclusion alongside Planet Lords's very sparse entry is hilarious to me.

Project Warlock, that's a good FPS to have on there.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

On 7/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, BTGBullseye said:

I was glad Battlezone 98 Redux made the list... It's sad that mixing RTS and FPS in a game is so rarely done, considering how easy it really is to do in games.

I never played nuclear dawn but I had an absolute blast playing natural selection 2. I also distinctly remember bf 2/2142 having a commander role that was sort of rts.

1 hour ago, a_coathanger said:

I also distinctly remember bf 2/2142 having a commander role that was sort of rts.

I dunno how BF2 did it, but in BF2142 you were both a soldier and the commander. You issued orders on the minimap, and called down superweapons/crate drops. Squad leaders just issued orders like is done in Planetside 2, and requested the superweapons and crate drops with an icon on the minimap. While it was very well done, (and if the commander was competent, extremely effective) it wasn't really an RTS style interface.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm happy to see War Wind on there. I've played that game a whole ton and I still really like it a lot. Not sure what it is about the game I just really like it a lot. I think War Wind 2 wasn't nearly as good though. Not surprised it didn't make the list since they shoehorn humans into the mix. With that said I still want to actually finish war wind 2 one day.

Death Road to Canada. Super underrated, and yet super fun. Don't know why there aren't more people playing it. It's unique, not another grim and soulless cliche zombie game. One of my absolute favorites.

Does Postal 2 count as a marijuana game?

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 11/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, Kaida said:

Oh man, I still remember Project Warlock. Honestly, I was disappointed by this game.

I have played it too, albeit quite a while after release,

so I assume most kinks were ruled out.

Project Warlock was designed by an 18 years old if I am 

not mistaken; honestly in context it's pretty fun and

cool, as long as you don't expect anything innovative

though. 

Can't find anything on that link, that link shows Valorant Stuff.