Games you like that others don't

I guess I can add Fallout: Tactics to the list.

It switches up the Fallout genre, drags out the same old factions for another spin, but damn, I can enjoy it. The maps are detailed, the challenge is about right to force you to change tactics as needed, and the story, while cliche, fits Fallout in a way. I just wish they added more meat to the world than following, basically, the Kansas-Missouri river. They experimented, they changed things around, updated a few things. It's everything I want from a series, even if they could had used some more creativity or added more stuff. 

Before the Game Dungeon episode I would have said Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, because they have great nostalgic value to me and I still find them fun to play to this day despite their flaws, but I'd never heard anyone say a positive thing about them before. Actually, when I first saw Ross's video show up in my YouTube feed I was afraid it was going to be a negative review and was very relieved to be proven wrong; hopefully it has helped to foster some positive attention for the series.

5 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

i can't find 8 temples but i did find 6 temples xD

You probably won't like it, it's a Might and Magic clone in flash (I'm not even sure it still works with the new version of flash, but it might work in flashpoint, who knows ?‍♂️).

But here is a link anyway

https://www.kongregate.com/games/Beranek/eight-temples

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

Shadow the hedgehog

Shadow of the destiny

star wars: the force unleashed (ps2)

Mortal Kombat: armageddon

splinter cell: double agent  (ps2)

Sonic Unleashed (ps2)

On 11/4/2020 at 3:02 AM, Civilized Ape said:

Shadow the hedgehog

Shadow of the destiny

star wars: the force unleashed (ps2)

Mortal Kombat: armageddon

splinter cell: double agent  (ps2)

Sonic Unleashed (ps2)

Oh ps2/psp version of force unleashed was funny. Wierd experience, it's like kind of different game with some abandoned ideas from development still exists here. And some levels that was cut from final game.

10 minutes ago, ultrayoba said:

Oh ps2/psp version of force unleashed was funny. Wierd experience, it's like kind of different game with some abandoned ideas from development still exists here. And some levels that was cut from final game.

What abandoned ideas were included in the ps2 version?

11 hours ago, Civilized Ape said:

What abandoned ideas were included in the ps2 version?

Oh crap, I played it loong time ago to remember

But what I remember is in the PSP version at least, which I played, there was still remnats of kind of ship and character interiors, tho almost unused, I felt like the wanted to make something KOTOR-like about people you travel with. Rescue of Garm Bel Iblis mission back on Cloud City, if I not mistaken. something missing from final game, more interactions with the scavengers on Raxus prime etc. It all feel junk-y, but overall about this game I felt like it is built upon more early build or beta version of the game.

Halo Wars. Being babies first RTS on a console helped introduce a lot of people to the genre, myself included. Those Blur cutscenes are absolutely stunning. Also if you like video game soundtracks give the track Insignificantia a listen. Despite not being composed by Marty O'Donnell who did the original Halo trilogy, the track sounds just like something he'd compose. Something that Halo 4 and 5 sorely needed.

I have enjoyed Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. You know, the SNES game that Final Fantasy fans have demonized as not being Final Fantasy and even the developers downplayed the people who played it for being filthy casuals because they aren't playing the real deals. That one.

I also have even enjoyed Super Mario Bros 2, the original on the NES. Basically for the same exact reasons as fans treated it like it was not the real SMB2 because the real one was released in Japan only that we wouldn't see until Super Mario All-Stars first released on the SNES. lol

On 11/10/2020 at 2:18 AM, AVJO said:

Halo Wars. Being babies first RTS on a console

Actually, the Herzog Zwei holds that honor.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Star Trek Online.

A surprising number of people hate it because of "outdated" mechanics and gameplay. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be, and tells several interesting stories if you don't try and speedrun everything. Take your time, don't stress about deaths that can't hurt you, and just enjoy the story.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

After looking through steam, gog and metacritic scores I came up with these

Deus Ex Invisible War - I liked it despite its flaws.
Penumbra Requiem - People didn't like that it's a pure puzzle game, I didn't mind.
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil - I liked it more than the base game.
Dragon Age - Specificaly the fade portion of mage tower, people seem to not like it, for me it was a welcome change of pace.
Heroes 4 - I think people didn't like it much back then, I like how different it is.
Heroes 3 Armageddon Blade (original version) - Backlash forced devs to scrap Forge faction and replace it with Conflux, apparently Heroes fans do not overlap much with M&M fans because they complained about high tech faction in fantasy world although M&M always had a mix of little sci-fi.
Orion Dino Horde (now Orion Prelude) - It has low score on metacritic but I had a lot of fun with it.
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War - Yeah it was short but i didn't mind, I liked armageddon too much so I still enjoyed it.
Spellforce Faith in Destiny - My introduction to Spellforce, it was fun, moreso because it's short.
Spore - I liked it depsite its simplicity, although the space age kinda drags.
Ufo Afterlight - I like it more then X-Com, the mars setting is nice and you can have bots and aliens in your team.
Yoda Stories - A misunderstood game, it serves similar purpose as windows minesweeper or solitaire, I like it.

1 hour ago, Plegyvap said:

Heroes 3 Armageddon Blade (original version) - Backlash forced devs to scrap Forge faction and replace it with Conflux, apparently Heroes fans do not overlap much with M&M fans because they complained about high tech faction in fantasy world although M&M always had a mix of little sci-fi.

wait what?
p.s. If I hadn't played M&M world of Xeen, I wouldn't have known what you meant.

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

1 hour ago, kerdios said:

wait what?
p.s. If I hadn't played M&M world of Xeen, I wouldn't have known what you meant.

It is true, look it up. If I recall correctly, AB should have continued from evil ending of M&M7, represented as the Forge town. Some forge concept art got out and people didn't like it so they changed it, making good ending canon. Since then, there have been some attempts at modding the faction back.

And it's not just Xeen, all M&M games except last (I think) have sci-fi elements.
In M&M you find a guy in a control room. Not to mention aliens. Second ends with your party beaming down to planet Terra. There you take off in a spaceship. World of Xeen of course has the final showdown between the two androids. Then there are the Kreegans invading from space, alien devil race (Inferno in Heroes) and you fighting them off with laser guns. M&M 7 is similar to 6. M&M 8 is the purest one, only sci-fi element is the main antagonist.

Heroes might not have been as blunt with it but it did hint at events in the RPG series.