Games you like that others don't

14 minutes ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

Uhh... What? With all the shit EA pulls, I can't see anyone loving EA, except for blind loyalists.

Never played any C&C game, not my kind of game. The only one I know people hate is the one on mobile, cause it's on mobile. One just has to look at their treatment of Dungeon Keeper to really see why people aren't too thrilled about C&C being on mobile. And quiet honestly, the game deserves better treatment.

Nah it was just a joke. But I'm sure a lot of people appreciate the remaster.

Don't get me wrong, EA still sucks, that hasn't changed.

I had Shaq Fu on the Genesis back in the day and really enjoyed playing it with my brother.  I didn't know until much, much later that so many people thought it was terrible.  I understood that it was goofy that Shaquille O'Neal was the main character, and even kinda understood that it was pretty unbalanced, but the smoothly animated graphics and even some of the designs of the fighters really kept me into it.  Nowadays I don't touch it though.

5 hours ago, Alyxx Thorne said:

Mass Effect Andromeda. I kinda like it. I wouldn't say it's more than a mediocre game but it has some things about it I legit enjoy.

It's probably the Dragon Age Inquisition style gameplay. I actually got pretty far, but at one point I just got really bored of it and I stopped playing.

It was pretty mediocre but it entertained me, or at least it tried to.

I personally got tired of all the bullshit filler alien sudoku puzzles mostly, otherwise I could see myself actually finishing the whole game.

I wish I had kept my savegame, I should've used a walkthrough instead, but right now I don't really have any patience to start all over again.

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

I really liked the Wildstar MMO. I still think that game was much better than it seems. People just bailed too quickly and didn't give it a proper go. Plus, the devs listened to the community little bit too much.

I have never seen anyone complain about the dialogue in BL-TPS. It's more about the gameplay itself, maybe people just hate things that are similar but not as good as the game before it. Oxygen is really not an issue, it takes a long time to run out of it and it takes a very short time to refill it.

I guess I can add Fallout: Tactics to the list.

It switches up the Fallout genre, drags out the same old factions for another spin, but damn, I can enjoy it. The maps are detailed, the challenge is about right to force you to change tactics as needed, and the story, while cliche, fits Fallout in a way. I just wish they added more meat to the world than following, basically, the Kansas-Missouri river. They experimented, they changed things around, updated a few things. It's everything I want from a series, even if they could had used some more creativity or added more stuff. 

Before the Game Dungeon episode I would have said Dungeon Siege 1 and 2, because they have great nostalgic value to me and I still find them fun to play to this day despite their flaws, but I'd never heard anyone say a positive thing about them before. Actually, when I first saw Ross's video show up in my YouTube feed I was afraid it was going to be a negative review and was very relieved to be proven wrong; hopefully it has helped to foster some positive attention for the series.