Games you like that others don't

RPG series of might and magic indeed is a science fiction, where players put in places where degraded inhabitants think that technology is magic. The basic premise of all series is that Ancients used the technology of elemental manipulation to go into elemental planes, which is a sort of Warhammer warp, to use their energy to build giant flat continents-colonies but they were in war with creators, who made Kreegan rase. And at the time when games go, there already no communication with ancients in this part of the galaxy for quite some time.

However, with Heroes, there is a bit of a twist that the original Heroes 1 game not meant to really be plot connected initially. At end of Xeen, they ended the original Sheltem plotline and didn't want to make any more new RPG MM games. So they made heroes which is sort of "here your favorite characters and creatures from all MM series, now they can fight!" and someone from the team added as the manual story for Knight protagonist, connecting him (or we presume) with VARN-4 (Original flat-colony world of the first MM game).

And only then, when NWC was bought by 3DO, and JVC's plans for MMO game he wanted to make were canceled because 3DO said that will not give money on it, they made Might and Magic 6. Initially, they wanted to create a new universe for it, even hired some writer to make some books, but in the end, decided to merge Heroes and MM universe backs together and continue in MM6 plotline of the Heroes 2. This resulted in some minor retcons, which confused some people who were in charge of MM after some original people left after Forge cancel and Armaggedon's blade addon.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:03 AM, Speendlex said:

Shadow the Hedgehog game. Unironically. Also I haven't played Project CARS 3, but looking forward to.

Update on Project CARS 3: I tried it out, first impressions are good (besides invalidating time for wall collisions)

Raid: World War II.

Everyone apparently hated it (it's rated 51% on steam). And while I understand the criticism when it was sold for $40, now having the benefit of waiting out I got it for mere $1.50 and actually had a lot of fun. It kept me busy the first 15-20 hours and was one of those rare games that made me feel upset when I had to go sleep instead of grinding it all night.

3 hours ago, rikarko said:

I am a big fan of the WOW, many people express their negative opinion about this game since it has been ranking the best game for a long time in its genre. Despite the fact that it was released a long time ago, thousands of fans still continue to play it.

WoW was massively better back in the early days, that's where the dislike of modern WoW came from. In comparison, the new form is fairly dogshit, and has been dumbed down so much that they don't even allow strength builds on hunters anymore.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

5 hours ago, rikarko said:

I am a big fan of the WOW, many people express their negative opinion about this game since it has been ranking the best game for a long time in its genre. Despite the fact that it was released a long time ago, thousands of fans still continue to play it.

2 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

WoW was massively better back in the early days, that's where the dislike of modern WoW came from. In comparison, the new form is fairly dogshit, and has been dumbed down so much that they don't even allow strength builds on hunters anymore.

sylvanas is now leader of the Horde

81f.png

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

On 2/4/2021 at 3:02 AM, BTGBullseye said:

Well, it was kind of more long transition. From the classic warcraft to "modern". First, they shifted focus from the global war more on the characters in WC2 addon, then there was officially unreleased Warcraft Adventures, then the Warcraft 3, and then WoW. Each game a little bit shifted style, narrative, and direction of the universe to something polar opposite. From original Warcraft which is sort of a realistic dark fantasy with plot and atmosphere kind of similar to the movie "Army of darkness" to modern MMO cartoony "whatever" aimed at the eastern markets.
In addition to that, WoW and Warcraft 3 was in the development hell for quite some time. And the fact that there are no any original bliz devs in the Activision "blizzard" anymore also do not helps.

69aa6bf36a3585490a3ba7809f8dcd3a172d6a96ec1b269fa3386d3ea852fa12_bg_crop_1920x655.jpg

p1_2432588_b0767c4e.jpg

On 2/3/2021 at 1:15 PM, rikarko said:

-

how did nobody notice that this guy is obviously a spam bot?

Edited by Annie (see edit history)

the name's riley

4 hours ago, Annie said:

how did nobody notice that this guy is obviously a spam bot?

Because it waited and then edited in the spam. Nobody saw the spam because it wasn't there originally.

3 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Because it waited and then edited in the spam. Nobody saw the spam because it wasn't there originally.

clever.

the name's riley

On 2/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, Annie said:

clever.

Indeed. Of course it does also defeat the purpose of the spam itself, which is to get as many people as possible to click the link, so it really was a lose/lose situation.

Bleed 2.

Big fan of the Bleed series, but it's relatively obscure and no one seems to say much of anything about it.

It's just your generic arcade-style platform shooter. I know it's not the kind of game to draw a lot of attention or even register on most people's radar. Still a shame that hardly anyone knows about it. I'd say that I can understand if people are pushed away from it because of it trying a little too hard to resemble an "anime" influence, but the gameplay itself is pretty satisfying.

All in all, big fan of Bleed 2, sort of modest fan of the original Bleed.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:17 PM, Im_IRS said:

sylvanas is now leader of the Horde

81f.png

idk how i missed this but i feel like i should mention that sylvanas isn't warchief anymore as of (i think) 2019

i have to admit i love blizzard writing for how batshit insane it is. sylvanas became warchief, committed a genocide, conspired to send her genocide victims to hell, killed a horde leader, abandoned the horde, and turned the king of the alliance in to the lich king. it's fanfic tier writing but it's so hilariously out there that i can't not love it.

the name's riley

I've mentioned it before but I feel I should reiterate: Fallout 4 is a severely underappreciated Fallout game.

I get not loving the writing and characters which are pretty core to an excellent Fallout experience but I feel the gameplay makes up for that pretty well.

the name's riley

On 7/25/2021 at 11:22 AM, Riles said:

I've mentioned it before but I feel I should reiterate: Fallout 4 is a severely underappreciated Fallout game.

I get not loving the writing and characters which are pretty core to an excellent Fallout experience but I feel the gameplay makes up for that pretty well.

I've played all of the main fallouts (including New Vegas.) and for some reasons 4 still sits as my favorite. I have a feeling what I want out of Fallout is a bit different from the majority of fans, because I think the characters in 4 are some of the best the games have had.
          As for the writing, I personally think it's pretty good, but that being said, I also don't really go full English teacher on it, so I'm probably just shrugging off any problems it has without knowing it. 

kinda off topic but lots of games released during the early to mid 2010's suffered from what i call the "avgn effect"

thats is many games releasing around that time where hated a lot for the smallest of nit picks because "angry" reviewers were really popular back them

these days when people go back to them they usually say something like "its not that bad" or "it has some cool things going for it despite its flaws"

while these usually only affected indie games some AAA games were also affected by this

honestely i feel like the discourse around games and other media is so much better these days now that this style isnt as popular anymore (even though i like some of the reviews that came from that era)

back on topic i really like kingdom hearts 358/2 days but the game is hated by pretty much everyone else

On 7/25/2021 at 6:22 PM, Riles said:

I think Fallout 4 is an excellent game. The combat in particular feels extremely satisfying and I love the crafting you can do. The mod scene is also thriving and you can tailor a LOT of the stuff in the game or add your own content.

That being said I do not think it works well as a Fallout game. The writing is pretty bad, and the look of the game just doesn't fit into the established canon. But yeah, it's definitely not a bad game.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Lonely Star didn't even complete it's Kikstarter, but it's demo (still availeable on GameJolt) is better than a lot of finished game sin my opinion. I would genuinely recommend it to everyone.