Axiom Verge

Axiom Verge is really one of my favorite games of all time. It's essentially BETTER Super Metroid, in terms of control, music, setting, and even story. I was compelled to finish this game, even when I found myself stuck in the main "Point of no return" section of the game. It has a speed run mode which speeds up the process of getting through the game on multiple playthroughs, and there are tons of intended skips if you know how to pull them off (and have patience, since this game can be hard as nails.) The abilities you gain range for weapons and weapon upgrades to a drone you can move and teleport to, from an enemy glitch hacker to a mysterious lab coat that allows you to travel through walls. I can't recommend Axiom Verge enough!

I liked playing the game a bunch and was hooked by the setting and story. Unfortunately, it did not deliver a satisfying ending at all for me. I was really disappointed!

After agreeing with Ross's rating on "SUBNAUTICA", it is, after "DEX", the second game i ONLY got, because it's one of the 5 games with the "Fantastic" rating. Third time agreed!   

This game does Super Metroid better than Super Metroid itself. One of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard. Great story and atmosphere. It's fun through to the end.