Half-life story discussion (May contain spoilers)

Discuss here

(ep2 spoiler) after the final strider battle, after you launch the rocket, eli begins talking to you about gman. Yet by no coincidence (or so i believe) He is killed (or so it seems) by an advisor where as dog saves you moments before you are killed.

Now one thing is for sure, these were unforeseen consequences and there are more to follow. Several more things are open to question: What is on the borealis? Is it Portal technology? IS IT CHELL? What will happen to the resistance now that eli is dead. Are we sure the rocket worked? Who is gman? Whats his role in all this? What happened to barney and corporal shepherd?

Peronally i believe its portal tech on the borealis, I believe Alyx will take charge of the resistance, The rocket is only temporary. Gman IS your guardian angel, But only because he has something invested in you, and therefore something to gain by watching over you. Barney is on an expedition to help mossman, Shepherd is still suspended in stasis to eventually help you.

Remember, gman is a community given name. Valve still hasn't officially named him.

I doubt they're going to combine Portal and HL to such an extent as to have her be on the borealis. Aperture labs is extremely isolated. So much so that we don't even have an idea what continent it's on, and the combine doesn't even seem to know it's still running.

What happens to the Resistance is an elementary component of the story I'm exploring in a Fan fiction currently undergoing creation.

You can see the first Strip of the Prologue to it here. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1199

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Shepard is not a Valve-created character so i doubt he will be included in their games.

I'm hate to be the teller of bad news guys, but Half life Opposing force, blue shift and even decay ARE NOT CANON

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'm hate to be the teller of bad news guys, but Half life Opposing force, blue shift and even decay ARE NOT CANON

that's pretty much what i was saying...

(i gotta stop posting while i'm sleepy).

But there's always the possibility that Gabe wants to put Mr. Shepard to a good use

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I saw an interview with a Valve employee ( can't remember who ) that said Porat and HL will infringe upon each other, but will never come together so to speak.

Yeah, probably we wont see Gordon in the GlaDos chamber kicking her ass or Chell running into Alyx or a Rebel inside Aperture Science but there will be some common facts... Maybe after EP3 or in some evidence in the borealis (if we even get there)

I don't remember exactly when this happens, but doesn't Glados say something about her (Glados) being the only thing standing "between us and them" ("them" potentially being The Combine). Not to mention "When I look outside, I'm really glad I'm not you". And the few slides talking about competition with Black Mesa.

Furthermore, HL contains a few mentions of Aperture.

I think that's what Gabe may have been referring to. They are both taking place in the same time (kinda) and on the same planet, but that's it. It's not a cross over.

Actually, I'm not sure about how I would feel if it was a cross over. Both games, and story lines, are so strong on their own that melting them together would dilute them both, in my opinion.

Actually, I'm not sure about how I would feel if it was a cross over. Both games, and story lines, are so strong on their own that melting them together would dilute them both, in my opinion.

Chemistry 101: HL + Portal ----> TOTAL MINDFUCK

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

Im pretty sure that g-man is actually a inter-dimensional drug dealer when you think about it. It would explane why he sold xen cyristal(meth) to black messa!

Actually, Gabe has said on a couple of occasions that he's interested in getting Adrian Shepard back into the story.

Thats exactly why i think he and Gordon should battle at HL2E3,Adrian would be GMan last resource to stop Gordon from doing something that isnt part of GMan plan

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

All I have to say on this (for now, probably) is this

Portal Easter Egg

While playing through Portal the player will eventually come across several rooms containing lots of computers and keyboards. The only keys on the keyboards that are highlighted yellow are the letters that spell out "Adrian Shephard" (A, D, E, H, I, N, P, R, S).

http://www.giantbomb.com/adrian-shephard/94-992/

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Everything that took place in the HL1 expansions, all the new monsters and characters, is technically property of Gearbox so I think there would be legal issues if Valve reused those characters without permission.

Quite wrong as for that to be true Gearbox would have to also be the owners of the HL. And Valve has already used Barney.

Wrong because Barney(from an expansion) is in HL2 so they are canon.

Everything that took place in the HL1 expansions, all the new monsters and characters, is technically property of Gearbox so I think there would be legal issues if Valve reused those characters without permission.

Quite wrong as for that to be true Gearbox would have to also be the owners of the HL. And Valve has already used Barney.

Okay, I'm not sure what your point is, but I agree that it's incorrect. After all, I think the expansion packs rights go to Valve because even though gearbox made it, it's in Valve's universe. Gearbox would probably be the ones facing legal issues if they used the characters without permission.

My point was that that Valve owns HL and that for Alyxx's statement to be true Gearbox would have to own it.