Death Road To Canada

Sign in to follow this  

I bought this game due to Ross's coverage of it. It's fun, but it's a game you'll have to play over to level up your characters before you'll really have any realistic chance of beating it. The deck is stacked against you pretty hard in this. If that sounds like your cup of tea, then go for it.

If anything it's the Oregon Trail text segments that completely ruin the experience. You can play as well as you like in the actual gameplay segments to completely screw yourself over with some random events that have no inkling of common sense to the outcomes. They should have made a non-text mode 

I found this game quite fun personally.

Made 2 characters called "Jake" and "Elwood", (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080455/) with extras of "Weird Al" and "Stanley Spadowski". (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098546/) Gave Stanley a mop, and nothing else. Jake was the main character, with the best gun. Elwood had the mechanical skills, and the second best gun. Weird Al got whatever weapon was weirdest, and had traits to make him useful only in niche circumstances.

Again, quite fun. Just make fun characters, and it's not so repetitive or boring.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I like this game a lot but the bits where you're on the road are way too punishing to the point where I have never beaten a single run of this game.

This was a great recommendation. Despite being kind of unfairly difficult I still have a blast attempting to beat this every now and then. Make sure you take a "paranoid" character along with you if you want to stand even a modicum of a chance.

things can go bad fast if your morale drops, but otherwise the events are not that bad. they tend to all tie in some way to your stats, which is one reason why your stats start out hidden. once you start to know your strengths and weaknesses, you can make better decisions in the events and get better outcomes. (in other words it's not as random as it seems once you know your stats).

I bought this game before finding it here, it is fun, and I would say it worth the price. Yeah it's difficult, but aside some RNG factors when driving, it's fair, and the pixelart it's pretty nice in my opinion. Plus, the references and the humor it's not over the top.