Freeman's Mind 2: Episode 7

Sign in to follow this  

Another terrific episode!!!
Even though I think CP is the best, this 'Galaxy Gulp' is also hilarious! I'm looking forward to another fun episodes!
Keep up good work Ross!

P.S. Would you mind sending me the script file of this video please?
my mail adress is [email protected].

If you are too busy now, you don't have to send it. I'll just wait. Thanx.

ya i did hear mike and dave iun there, my favorite characters were the dwarf, the skelaton and the guard "drinking" sodas, "hey guys, how do you drink thewse sodas?" (silence) lol

my opinion; when compare with FM and espacially CP, this is lame.. has been months i'm w8ing for new episode of CP

=) that's a though criticism and that spam was unnecessary

Well, if you want to say the show was bad, then just say it was bad. You don't need to copy and paste thousands of SPAM.
Like Barış said, those SPAMs were unnecessary.

I've enabled comment moderation for a while because some people were being childish and simply posting insults up here, either at me or each other. I've gone and deleted those posts. I won't delete anything related to criticism, but there's no reason to insult anyone.

bilius: They're all from Noesis, they were a big reason for making this the way it was.

Barış: I admit this is cornier than my usual stuff. More CP is coming, I've just been busy making the tutorial that goes with this and doing various oddjobs just to make money. After a day's worth of ditch-digging, you don't feel like sitting down to work on machinima.

Anonymous dude: I too, would like to go into machinima for a living.

AK-47: They're all giant func_physboxes with a glassy texture on them. It looked a lot better above water than below it.

I will say it in a more professional way

My Review:
Ross Scott the creator of the Half-Life2 based Show "Civil Protection" Ventures into a New area of Entertainment.This area isn't comedic but more of a Unusual style of machinima.The short is called "Galaxy Gulp" made as a tutorial to show what Valves Source engine can produce machinima wise.Rather then just releasing 3 different shorts with different characters.The Creator tries to combine em all into one short. The result is this.While he does succeed in showing us how the source engine can perform with its vast range of designs and animations.He succeeds little to minimal success to entertain the watcher.What we have is a short trying to bring a warrior & Dragon as characters that have no business in this short.The Title galaxy Gulp would consider it to be about space.Also stuff like the fight scene are ripped straight off cartoons.Scenes like the skeleton making some of tha corniest jokes ever fail to make me laugh.Stuff like The soldiers trying to figure out how to drink did seem to be the only funny thing in the short.But soldiers talking about investment plans isn't entertaining.The short failed to entertain me because it try to incorporate so many things and stuff that appears out of place it just ruins the whole experience.Side tracking with this a flat show like this instead of working on Civil Protection seems like a waste.I say nice job on showing us how cool the engine can be but needs work on the comedy

I want you to know I was tempted not to put this review of yours up at all. Not because of the content, but because of your behavior prior to this.

You don't like the video, fine. You can criticize it all you want like you've done here. But please explain to me the reason for making multiple posts containing nothing but direct insults, then typing pages of "SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM" that I had to delete afterwards. If you don't, I'm not going to allow any more of your comments up here regardless of the content, since I don't enjoy playing babysitter if you can't act in a mature way.

Good work, and can't wait for more videos, Ross. Also, you do have a point. People insulting you over a tutorial video is pretty low AND sad. I would like to see people being better about this but we don't all have common sense.

-Willy

THATS BETTER, (SRY FOR REACTING)

hey ppl, ya know after the dwarf guy gets shot out of a cannon, he hits freeman after he crashes through the window, i noticed if u pause it when the dwarf hits freeman, freeman seems to dissapear. so proves the no animation HEV model! SWEET!

P.S. did u do the voice for the dwarf? (mike)

I sorry but look at it from point of view.You see a guy who makes these great videos and he takes a long ass time to do it.Now I can understand its complicated but come on you spend time doing videos like Freemans mind which no Offense anyone could of done.You then do a fake Halo video which my friend actually thought was real (Saw what happened last april fools) so then you make this video called "Galaxy Gulp" which has tha most random stuff in it.Which also has diolog which could of been better again no offense but then I see stuff I seen in cartoons like the fighting scene.You have a dragon.I mean to be honest tha first time I saw it I sort of thought you were tripping on acid.Me and my friends love your videos but when we saw that stuff.We thought it was really shitty compared to your other videos.You have a lot of great talent but when you do videos like this which include a lot of random characters it doesn't really show you at your best.But thats just my thoughts

It would help if "Tha average Mfer" knew how to spell "the".

It was a tutorial video FOR GODSAKES!
IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO BE FUNNY!
Nice job Ross!

huh? Why has the vid been removed from noobtube?

Ross, I realize that this guy's comments can be discouraging, but I just want you to know he doesn't speak for all of us.

I thought it was great. My favorite bit was the CP guys standing around talking stocks. Hell, that bit practically was a mini CP episode, so I don't really understand the negative reactions.

Tha Average Motherfucker: I deleted your last post because you started insulting people again. You've made it clear now that you don't want to behave in a mature way about this, so I'm turning comment moderation back on.

Sorry to everybody else, your posts will be delayed in the future before they appear since I'll have to clear them first.

That sux about tha comment moderation but I thought Galaxy Gulp was funny

I don't think the negativity is justified but it is predictable, given the length of time between episodes of CP. So a gap which is what...over 7 months now is frustrating for any fans of CP.

And because of this new project i can only imagine it further sets back any future episode of CP.

Maybe you should be a tad more clear to your fans on what your priorities really are.

That being said, i know quality when i see it and Galaxy Gulp is a fine (and funny) example of whats possible in the Source Engine.

Keep up the good work Mr Scott.

whats with people leaving piles upon piles of spam in the comments?

uh.............can you hurry up, leet world is way faster than you...