Random thread

I speak Manese... The language understood instinctually by every MAN on the planet, and the one language that WOMAN can never hope to even begin to translate in any way... It's just too complex for their puny minds to grasp. I can tell another guy "nice haircut, a little short, but nice nevertheless" with a single word in Manese, using the same word I can also convey the message "hand me a 3/16 wrench please"...

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Definition: Hack

Verb: Ride a horse for pleasure or exercise.

Noun: A board on which a hawk's meat is laid.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

In * ter * es * ting (in'tri-sting) adj. 1. capable of holding one's attention. 2. arousing a feeling of interest. 3. oh God, oh God, we're all going to die.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Fail Safe

(fey-ol sae'ff)

n. A form of engineering redundancy to make a device or machine default to its safest and least volatile or dangerous state in the event of a failure.

[Rail signals are weighted, and motors must hold them up in order for them to read "All Clear". If the motors fault, the signals fall into the "Danger, Do Not Pass" signal.]

[Aircraft when landing on sea carriers, do so with full afterburners. If the arrestor wires fail to capture the aircraft, it can safely take off again to make another attempt.]

Fail

(fey-ol)

n., adj, v.

1. When an outcome is not of the nature that is desired, the opposite of success.

2. To be unsuccessful in attempting or working on something.

3. To do something stupid and be really funny to watch.

[being shot by a beanbag gun filled with jelly beans while not passing your Final Exam.]

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...