Random thread

I try to ignore information concerning a game I really want to play, but you know the internet. They love spoiling everything about said game the day it comes out. Sometimes even before the game comes out.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

That's why you take note of where spoilers could be, and avoid them like the plague. Still many game that I should have already played by now, not been spoiled on. Also games I'm not really interested in playing, too.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

14725af9d5.jpg

I don't like what Steam is implying here.

the name's riley

Sodium deficiency is remarkably common among people who avoid salt to prevent high sodium levels. (you need to find a middle ground between lots and no salt)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Dad: Wow your room is so HOT.

Me: Yes I know, I've been in it.

Dad: Your computer is what's heating it up so much!

Me: Yes I know, I use it often.

Dad: It's fans are really loud.

Me: Yes I know, I use it often.

I wish this was the first time we've had this conversation.

Retired Forum Moderator

So, here's a fan theory.

Mary Poppins is set in the Harry Potter universe. See, Mary Poppins is a witch who was placed in the Ravenclaw house leading her to believe she was "practically perfect in every way". She dresses out of the norm for people around her and she placed an Undetectable Extension Charm on her carpet bag so she could carry her worldly possessions with her (

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgTCbS6WBM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNb0fXbHMKI). She was killed during the First Wizarding War in 1970 when she attempted to lead a revolt against Tom "Voldemort" Riddle.

Uncle Albert was a wizard who was cursed with an unremovable illness that causes him to levitate whenever he laughs (caused by a prank by Arthur Weasley's father, Septimus) during summer break. The illness can also cause Muggles in the surrounding area to levitate when they laugh which leads to no end of consternation for the Ministry of Magic, not to mention Mary Poppins's tendency to use magic around Muggles (see "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-b_GJ4ltk" for some gross misuse of magic around Muggles).

Bert is a squib. He was born into a wizarding family with ties to the Poppins family, which is why Bert and Mary know each other so well, but he has no magic of his own. His father was in Slytherin house and, because Bert had no magic of his own, he was even afraid to speak around his father much less incur his wrath ("Because I was afraid to speak / When I was just a lad / Me father gave me nose a tweak / And told me I was bad / But then one day I learned a word / That saved me achin' nose / The biggest word you ever heard / And this is how it goes.") and got one over on his father from a wizarding curse based around the word "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious". In the wizarding world, it's the only magic spell that squibs can really do and it only works on witches and wizards, because it's not technically a magic spell being cast by the squib but by a curse placed on all wizards and witches of the time period. Being a squib is also why when they jump into the chalk drawing, Bert is not surprised.

Mr. Banks knows about the wizarding world, but, like the Dursleys, wants no part of it himself. His boss, Mr. Dawes, was also cursed at the same time as Uncle Albert, but didn't show any symptoms because he never laughed until shortly before he died.

Makes sense or am I just overthinking it?

So, here's a fan theory.

Mary Poppins is set in the Harry Potter universe. See, Mary Poppins is a witch who was placed in the Ravenclaw house leading her to believe she was "practically perfect in every way". She dresses out of the norm for people around her and she placed an Undetectable Extension Charm on her carpet bag so she could carry her worldly possessions with her (

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FgTCbS6WBM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNb0fXbHMKI). She was killed during the First Wizarding War in 1970 when she attempted to lead a revolt against Tom "Voldemort" Riddle.

Uncle Albert was a wizard who was cursed with an unremovable illness that causes him to levitate whenever he laughs (caused by a prank by Arthur Weasley's father, Septimus) during summer break. The illness can also cause Muggles in the surrounding area to levitate when they laugh which leads to no end of consternation for the Ministry of Magic, not to mention Mary Poppins's tendency to use magic around Muggles (see "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-b_GJ4ltk" for some gross misuse of magic around Muggles).

Bert is a squib. He was born into a wizarding family with ties to the Poppins family, which is why Bert and Mary know each other so well, but he has no magic of his own. His father was in Slytherin house and, because Bert had no magic of his own, he was even afraid to speak around his father much less incur his wrath ("Because I was afraid to speak / When I was just a lad / Me father gave me nose a tweak / And told me I was bad / But then one day I learned a word / That saved me achin' nose / The biggest word you ever heard / And this is how it goes.") and got one over on his father from a wizarding curse based around the word "Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious". In the wizarding world, it's the only magic spell that squibs can really do and it only works on witches and wizards, because it's not technically a magic spell being cast by the squib but by a curse placed on all wizards and witches of the time period. Being a squib is also why when they jump into the chalk drawing, Bert is not surprised.

Mr. Banks knows about the wizarding world, but, like the Dursleys, wants no part of it himself. His boss, Mr. Dawes, was also cursed at the same time as Uncle Albert, but didn't show any symptoms because he never laughed until shortly before he died.

Makes sense or am I just overthinking it?

Here+you+go+_df56c6c682513c4dc47668eaa9524881.jpg

+1000000 for that. Epic death metal translation!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

There's an honor student somewhere deep inside me but it's constantly being hunted down and smothered by my ADHD. Though every so often, when the planets align, the 2 call a truce and something amazing happens.

But mostly it's just smothering.

Retired Forum Moderator

My high school years (mainly 11th and 12th grade) I just coasted through, did things the last minute, got mostly B's. Hell, even my powerpoints were very minimalistic, and I would memorize make, and memorize my speeches the day/night before I had to present them. I would get A's on those. I even remember one of them. It was for English class where we had to give a speech on a favorite band. Seeing as I mostly listen to video game music (thus no real bands*), I used a loophole: The Black Mages (which I enjoy). My powerpoint was just pictures of the band members, and the three albums they made. The only words were the names of the band members, and the album names. Even got an A on it.

* If any music experts out there (or here) consider people who play the music for video games a band, please let me know.