Random thread

@Psychotic: Your voice is a 404.

As in the link doesn't work, or what?

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

@Psychotic: Mhm. Says it's a private track.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

@PsychoNinja:

I don't watch a lot of Let's Plays, but I'd say they're usually best if they're unscripted and have spontaneus reactions. And they usually don't benefit from facecam unless the reactions are quite extreme (in which case they're usually fake) and they (at least to me) often give the impression that they're just showing off the person's ego.

What is important in Let's Play is the gameplay and funny comments. Those should be the main focus. Of course that also means that the personality of the player is a big part. Nobody likes listening to someone who is constantly in a bad mood and cynical and sarcastic all the time (Unless it's Bill Murray/Paul Merton).

But that's just my opinion.

OT: Nutella.

@PsychoNinja:

I don't watch a lot of Let's Plays, but I'd say they're usually best if they're unscripted and have spontaneus reactions. And they usually don't benefit from facecam unless the reactions are quite extreme (in which case they're usually fake) and they (at least to me) often give the impression that they're just showing off the person's ego.

What is important in Let's Play is the gameplay and funny comments. Those should be the main focus. Of course that also means that the personality of the player is a big part. Nobody likes listening to someone who is constantly in a bad mood and cynical and sarcastic all the time (Unless it's Bill Murray/Paul Merton).

But that's just my opinion.

Now, if you had to listen to my voice, in that exact same tone, for 20 minutes, would you?

Now, if you had to listen to my voice, in that exact same tone, for 20 minutes, would you?

I like your voice, but your tone was a bit too.. neutral? I don't really know how to explain it. It sounded a bit like you were giving a press conference or something, it was a bit difficult to tell whether you were happy, sad, frustrated or bored. It needed more passion and... excitement!

But I'd say go for it. It's hard to judge whether you'd be a good Let's Player just from that one minute sound clip where you only asked a question. When you play a game the emotion will probably come to your voice automatically. Just remember the immortal words of Ross W. Scott:

Say it like you MEAN it! PUT SOME HEART INTO IT! RAAAAAH!

(Also, 20 minutes might be a bit long, maybe go for 10 minutes first)

OT: Bloody Bycicle Bastards.

Even when I'm excited, I sound neutral (at least to me).

tk1dd1D2Kts

The best kinda sandwich is the one where you sit there for 5 minutes sizing it up trying to figure out how you're gonna fit it into your mouth enough to take a bite. The kind you can't put back down after you pick it up because you've spent a good hour positioning it just right in your hands to prevent it from exploding out the back once you do figure out how to eat it. The kind that they had to hold together with a railroad spike because a toothpick isn't strong enough.

Retired Forum Moderator

I think I have to go shopping. Currently my fridge contains more alcohol than food (2 half-full bottles of vodka, 3 bottles of beer, half a carton of milk, 2 slices of cheese and an almost empty jar of relish).

I'm not even joking

Warning, the Youtube video below contains existential horror and dread.

ASHENS IS REVIEWING TAT ON A GREY COUCH!!!!!! I REPEAT A GREY COUCH!!!!!!

LytKwnXjncI

This is the begin of the end and now only death awaits us.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

My couch claims to feel. Even complains when I sit on it. Something about having a wife and kids, a job. Even says it's name is Jeff Robins. Silly couch. Couches don't have names.

Retired Forum Moderator

"Your system is up to date."

This was a message I got yesterday on a Windows 95 computer, which kinda blows a hole in Microsoft's rhetoric that older OS's are obsolete.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm so bored.

lB5McZ2.gif

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D