Random thread

Can I help you?

:3

Yes. I request a dose of your self surprise, please. I'm not paying anything over $20 though, I'm afraid. That is such an odd name... But I do like it. It's like those cats that startle themselves with their own tail.

"One small step for man, One giant leap for a midget!"

- Robbaz

Thanks! The name was inspired by a quote of a German artist named Tim Berresheim, whose surreal and randomly assembled computer generated images are created by a desire to "surprise himself" much more fluently and naturally, an alteration or element in a digital medium being faster than a brushstroke on canvas. I like your username too, the word Aphotic isn't used nearly enough as it ought to be. The sensibilities of something being "without light" or "lightless" never loses it's appeal.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Thanks! The name was inspired by a quote of a German artist named Tim Berresheim, whose surreal and randomly assembled computer generated images are created by a desire to "surprise himself" much more fluently and naturally, an alteration or element in a digital medium being faster than a brushstroke on canvas. I like your username too, the word Aphotic isn't used nearly enough as it ought to be. The sensibilities of something being "without light" or "lightless" never loses it's appeal.

That sounds very interesting. The most I've been able to surprise myself with was when I got an actually decent grade on a test I had no idea was about. Ah... That was a stressful day.

But thank you, sir. I suppose it's just a fancier word than using "void", which is a common part to a username I believe. But my Aphoticness represents a lot of things I know and live through so it's what describes my identity best. That sounded edgier than I intended it to be, oh dear.

- Robbaz

That sounds very interesting. The most I've been able to surprise myself with was when I got an actually decent grade on a test I had no idea was about. Ah... That was a stressful day.

But thank you, sir. I suppose it's just a fancier word than using "void", which is a common part to a username I believe. But my Aphoticness represents a lot of things I know and live through so it's what describes my identity best. That sounded edgier than I intended it to be, oh dear.

Aphoticness ought to be an actual word, perhaps used as a coy term of exasperation on the speaker's part: "the utter aphoticness of it all."

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

My name's no where near as cool. I just mashed together "Heliocentric" and the latter half of 'Radical", thus Heliocentrical. :D

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Oooh we're talking about name origins now?

See mine's interesting. First, I went by Grim, based off Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I also had some variants, like 1337_grim (hey I was 13, cut me some slack). Anywho, long story short, after some instances with a (somewhat) famous-ish* modder for THUG2, I felt the need of a name change. I realize d I had a liking for ninjas, mainly the mythical kind, like in Naruto. I also thought it would be cool if one was psychotic, like on a whim, will kill his clan's men for no reason. Thus Psychotic Ninja was born.

* Honestly, don't know how famous he really is/was/became, but he did make CHC mod for THUG2.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Name origins are quite intriguing. Much more fun to talk about than real names! You only get your real name from your parents and it can be totally off your personality. But usernames... They're a depiction of who you are, what your influences are, what you adore. Way better than real names!

And now for randomness...

Life Tip #3: Please refrain from getting drunk. It's not flattering and it won't help you and your problems. It'll make things worse, I guarantee. It also makes you look like an idiot, and it's embarrassing and unattractive. Nobody wants to hear you say the same thing six times over. We definitely heard you, but you still choose to tell us. Go find some other way to drown your problems. Just not one that can cause you serious harm.

- Robbaz

My name origin: I was too lazy to come up with an actual name

the name's riley

I remember when I thought of my name... I looked around my room, saw my Ushanka, saw my cat sleeping on my bed, and because I'm a little bit preachy sometimes added "Reverend".

Life Tip #3: Please refrain from getting drunk.

I'm really trying to follow that rule now. I did some fun stuff while drunk, but every time it leaves me with a depressed and (ironically) empty feeling. Now I just need someone to remind me of that when my birthday comes up...

Life Tip #3: Please refrain from getting drunk. It's not flattering and it won't help you and your problems. It'll make things worse, I guarantee. It also makes you look like an idiot, and it's embarrassing and unattractive. Nobody wants to hear you say the same thing six times over. We definitely heard you, but you still choose to tell us. Go find some other way to drown your problems. Just not one that can cause you serious harm.

Couldn't have said it better. I mean I like a good drink on occasions, but I try to be careful not to get shitfaced. If anything, I'm so scared of what my drunk self would be like. I'm afraid I could be worse than what I am now

Welp, now what?

(My husband and I like to take our grandsons to a local pizza place which has a few arcade games. One machine always gives a player a small rubber ball at the end. They head home with at least four balls. Neither boy knows the other meaning of “balls,” so they innocently say things the rest of us have trouble not reacting to:)

Grandson #1: *still at the machine* “Grandma! We’re filling our pants with balls!”

Grandson #2: *after being told to take the balls out of their pockets for the ride home* “Nah… we like squishing our balls.”

Grandson #1: *coming back from the claw machine* “Look! I’ve got big balls now!”

Grandson #2: *after getting in trouble* “Papa took away my balls.”

Grandson #1: *in the car* “My balls dropped. [brother] picked them up and is hiding them between his legs.”

Grandson #2: *after a particularly large haul* “I’m going to give Daddy some of these because he needs balls.”

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

vol%20sprung_zpsc1uzbfkm.png

Les Murray, The Vol Sprung From Heraldry

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Shout out to the phone-line operators who take emergency calls and are able to act so calmly. I just don't know how they do it. I'm usually a calm person but I don't think I'd hold the same profile in a situation like that.

- Robbaz

Protip: avoid choking on hot oily food more than you should avoid choking. It's a bitch to cough that oil back out of your esophagus.

Retired Forum Moderator

Protip: avoid choking on hot oily food more than you should avoid choking. It's a bitch to cough that oil back out of your esophagus.

Don't cough while drinking soda either. I had a rather unpleasant experience where I was drinking some soda and cough snuck up on me. The soda went straight up my nose and hurt like hell.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

tumblr_oazkj33zHD1qbasc3o1_1280.jpg

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa