Random thread

A war of words then erupted between Gallo and film critic Roger Ebert, with Ebert writing that The Brown Bunny was the worst film in the history of Cannes, and Gallo retorting by calling Ebert a "fat pig with the physique of a slave trader." Paraphrasing a statement attributed to Winston Churchill, Ebert responded with, "It is true that I am fat, but one day I will be thin, and he will still be the director of The Brown Bunny." Gallo then claimed to have put a hex on Ebert's colon, cursing the critic with cancer. In response, Ebert quipped that watching a video of his colonoscopy had been more entertaining than watching The Brown Bunny. Gallo subsequently stated that the hex had actually been placed on Ebert's prostate and that he had intended the comment to be a joke which was mistakenly taken seriously by a journalist. He also conceded to finding Ebert's colonoscopy comment to be an amusing comeback.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

It's an acquired  taste. KotOR II is the evengellion of the Star Wars universe. 

In my head canon, the mass shadow generator transformed the entire galaxy into a primordial  soup

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

Pretty old gundam anime with a handful of interesting ideas. It's tonally similar to TSL, but it also crosses the line into being an angsty cringe-fest quite a bit. I watched it much later than most people, so I'm immune to the nostalgia goggles effect.  My jury is still out regarding how good it actually was. 

2 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

but it also crosses the line into being an angsty cringe-fest quite a bit. 

Uhh... no.

I never did get the appeal of "gundam" stuff. Launching more missiles than could physically be stored in that platform, multiple times, and pretending that it makes logical sense to have human form for a primarily airborne combat unit... Just completely ruined any appeal to me. Mechwarrior and so on are a completely different beast IMO, though I still have trouble understanding the logic of a giant walking behemoth in a universe where a few aircraft can take them out easily for 1/10th the price.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

11 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

pretending that it makes logical sense

Anime's supposed to make logical sense?

It doesn't even make sense in the universe they're portraying, not even a little.

Gaming with Ross, with previous job

5 PM/11 AM: Shit I can't join, I'm at work

Gaming with Ross, with current job

5 PM/11 AM: Shit I can't join, I'm asleep

On 1/24/2019 at 3:34 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Nope, doesn't work.

Depends. Are we talking mechs that are as tall as building or glorified exoskeleton frames?

The stop thinking and enjoy part... If it can't even make sense in its own universe, it isn't something I can tune out.

The problem is you're applying real world physics in a fictional world.

No, I'm applying their world's physics to their world... It still doesn't work.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

On 1/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, Psychotic Ninja said:

Stop thinking and just enjoy

This line of thinking is surprisingly common for how retarded it is. If you have to "stop thinking" about something to enjoy it then it's not good. Inconsistencies in writing or universe or whatever can be excusable if there's a redeeming factor, but if there isn't then you're just constantly distracted by the negatives of what you're watching. JoJo's has a ton of a logical inconsistencies, retcons, and unfinished, unexplored plot points, but you rarely ever notice them just because of how creative the writing and action and art style are.

the name's riley