Random thread

5 hours ago, Annie said:

This line of thinking is surprisingly common for how retarded it is. If you have to "stop thinking" about something to enjoy it then it's not good. Inconsistencies in writing or universe or whatever can be excusable if there's a redeeming factor, but if there isn't then you're just constantly distracted by the negatives of what you're watching. JoJo's has a ton of a logical inconsistencies, retcons, and unfinished, unexplored plot points, but you rarely ever notice them just because of how creative the writing and action and art style are.

I'm pretty sure that he was just joking and poking fun at our differences in taste. 

But regardless of all that...

LETSS GET READY TO RUMBLEEE

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

I don't believe "not thinking about it" is a proper way of putting it. It's more like: which aspects do you prioritize, and what 'problems' are you willing to overlook.

Onceee moar George Lucas will ruleeee the Franchise.

And... we shall have... Binks

george-lucas-star-wars-13.jpg

3 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

image.png.66bd3e966b7d94529827ad45fdaeaff7.png

Checkmate Global Warming believers.

the name's riley

On 1/31/2019 at 9:39 AM, Annie said:

This line of thinking is surprisingly common for how retarded it is. If you have to "stop thinking" about something to enjoy it then it's not good. Inconsistencies in writing or universe or whatever can be excusable if there's a redeeming factor, but if there isn't then you're just constantly distracted by the negatives of what you're watching. JoJo's has a ton of a logical inconsistencies, retcons, and unfinished, unexplored plot points, but you rarely ever notice them just because of how creative the writing and action and art style are.

While I have no clue what Jojo's is, and probably will never care, I agree.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

If you're fine with "grab him by the balls" but have an issue with "grab her by the pussy", you're a hypocrite.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Just now, Psychotic Ninja said:

If you're fine with "grab him by the balls" but have an issue with "grab her by the pussy", you're a hypocrite.

I agree... I like them both, but not for me.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, Annie said:

JoJo's has a ton of a logical inconsistencies, retcons, and unfinished, unexplored plot points, but you rarely ever notice them just because of how creative the writing and action and art style are. 

I see you've stopped thinking and just enjoy Jojo. Also:

how creative the writing and action and art style are. 

But muh subjectivity dictates you can't say this, cause someone else might feel differently.

16 minutes ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

I see you've stopped thinking and just enjoy Jojo. Also:

But muh subjectivity dictates you can't say this, cause someone else might feel differently.

You do understand I only tell you when shit's subjective because you have an obnoxious tendency to state your opinions as though they're fact and have a very bad issue with not letting people enjoy/hate things, right? Then again, I'm talking to the guy who's an advocate for not thinking.

the name's riley

Addendum: "Not thinking about something" isn't the same as enjoying something in spite of it's flaws. I've said it before, but just for the sake of clarity: if you need to stop thinking about what you're doing, it's probably not very interesting otherwise.

the name's riley

I'm going to stick to my "if the in-universe physics are routinely ignored because the show doesn't work without it, it's not good" position.

7 hours ago, Annie said:

You do understand I only tell you when shit's subjective because you have an obnoxious tendency to state your opinions as though they're fact and have a very bad issue with not letting people enjoy/hate things, right? Then again, I'm talking to the guy who's an advocate for not thinking.

Clearly you haven't actually been paying attention in class, and only listen to what you want to hear. Otherwise you would know I, and others, don't tell you what to like/dislike. You would know there's a difference between saying something's good/bad vs liking/disliking something. You might like meth, but that doesn't mean it's good for you. Also, telling people/"reminding people" what's subjective is taking an elitist view on the subject. You're coming off as "I'm better than you". As for the whole not thinking thing, you really need to stop taking things at face value, and start thinking about what I really said, and why I said it. But we all know you won't, you don't want to look at things from a different perspective.

Why did this devolve into an argument instead of a trilobite?