Random thread

I can't understand how people aren't seriously mad about it. And the fact you can't find ones actually defending them is beyond my imagination.

On 7/31/2019 at 12:44 AM, Prinny said:

I can't understand how people aren't seriously mad about it. And the fact you can't find ones actually defending them is beyond my imagination.

I agree 97.3197%!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That trailer only leaves with one thought.

Spoiler

WAhmJMx.png

Also, hello again.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Paste not, want not.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

I can't believe Final Fantasy sold out to Final Fantasy II

I can't believe Final Fantasy is as popular as it is, considering there's more cutscene than game...

56 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

I can't believe Final Fantasy is as popular as it is, considering there's more cutscene than game...

There are few things to it.

I think interactivity, even limited, of the game makes history automatically more engaging. Kinda like something that happens to you is exiting, even if watching it as a movie would be boring.

And there some people play some for the story. Hell, my favorite game series ever (Ace Attorney) is mostly narrative. And there we have games like Disgaea, which I like a lot but gameplay sometimes hurts more than helps and generally the game would be nothing without story.

Still doesn't make sense to me, but I'm weird like that. I don't like all but an extremely limited selection of anime either though. (and never ones that have a 4'2" girl wielding a 6' long sword that should weigh close to 1 ton, or anything similar)

14 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

Still doesn't make sense to me, but I'm weird like that. I don't like all but an extremely limited selection of anime either though. (and never ones that have a 4'2" girl wielding a 6' long sword that should weigh close to 1 ton, or anything similar)

Playing Fifa games doesn't make any sense to me, but I understand some people just enjoy different stuff.

4 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Clearly you've never actually played a Final Fantasy.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

As I said last time someone claimed that on here... I've played all the way through the first 7, and most of 9... All forgettable in all but minor ways. Definitely not on my top 100 lists.

So then, you should know that there's far more gameplay than cutscenes. Now, is there a lot of dialogue? Sure, but that's par for the course when it comes to RPGs.

i wish i didn't have a libido at all. it's genuinely making me uncomfortable that i have it, especially with how strong it is. is this post too down for this place? i'm wondering if this is better suited for serious discussion instead.

3 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

So then, you should know that there's far more gameplay than cutscenes. Now, is there a lot of dialogue? Sure, but that's par for the course when it comes to RPGs.

I'd argue gameplay in FFVII is mostly filler and dialogue is far more important.

1 hour ago, rokken said:

i wish i didn't have a libido at all. it's genuinely making me uncomfortable that i have it, especially with how strong it is. is this post too down for this place? i'm wondering if this is better suited for serious discussion instead.

I think most people are bothered by their libido sometimes. If it's something more troubling, it might be worth trying seeing doctor about it.

42 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I'd argue gameplay in FFVII is mostly filler

I fail to see this, cause at face value, this could be argued for any RPG. Plus, even if it's "filler" that's not necessarily a bad thing.