Random thread

1 hour ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

I fail to see this, cause at face value, this could be argued for any RPG. Plus, even if it's "filler" that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Well, I'd say it does apply to many RPGs. Everything depends on how good battling system is and much do you need to grind.

System in FFVII is pretty good, especially with different combinations of weapos, materia and character abilities, but it's also grindy which it why it feels more like an obstacle than fun at times.

11 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

So then, you should know that there's far more gameplay than cutscenes. Now, is there a lot of dialogue? Sure, but that's par for the course when it comes to RPGs.

For those specific games that I played, it's basically walking between people talking to you, with a bit of game here and there... While not technically a cutscene, it sure feels like one. The newer games in the series have made the news for being more cutscene than anything else, unless you're just standing around doing nothing, so I feel pretty good about labeling the series as "cutscene simulator".

9 hours ago, rokken said:

i wish i didn't have a libido at all. it's genuinely making me uncomfortable that i have it, especially with how strong it is. is this post too down for this place? i'm wondering if this is better suited for serious discussion instead.

That happens. Usually it lessens somewhat later in life, you also do get used to it over time so that it's not as uncomfortable.

As for the right place, this is the thread for whatever the heck anyone wants, as long as it doesn't violate the rules... So while it may be better suited to a serious discussion, it's not out of place here.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

2 hours ago, Psychotic Ninja said:

My days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

I call her Vera!

ss+(2019-04-01+at+04.18.14).png

Anyone else excited for PC MCC?

Edited by Mode 7 (see edit history)

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

Who isn't? I just hope they aren't gonna try and sell it for $60, since I won't pay over $25 for it.

6 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Who isn't? I just hope they aren't gonna try and sell it for $60, since I won't pay over $25 for it.

If I remember correctly, they're going to be selling each game individually rather than the entire thing as one package. There would probably be a nice angry mob if they tried to charge a high price for each individual game. I'd say $15-20 is the zone they probably need to aim for if they want to make the most without getting everyone mad. At the very least, that's how much I'd be fine with dropping.

...That's not true, I'd be fine with throwing a ton of money at MCC.

I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days... What were you in your former life?

If it's each individual game separate, that $25 is for ALL of them together, so divide it evenly among the titles sold, and that's what I'm willing to pay.

I have interest in Reach pretty much exclusively. That was PEAK halo for me.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

44 minutes ago, Srake said:

I have interest in Reach pretty much exclusively. That was PEAK halo for me.

You'll be pleased to know Reach is the first game they're going to release. They're going to release the games in chronological order, so it'll be Reach - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. Not sure exactly where ODST fits here though, since that was set during Halo 2 but it's called Halo 3: ODST. Shrug.

You'll probably also be happy to know they're not going to introduce any microtransactions to Reach's armor customization system. IIRC, it'll be like how it was in 360 Reach with the Credits system. I *think* they may have said they're going to expand on some things but I don't remember if that's true, nor do I think they ever elaborated what they might change.

Unfortunately, it'll still require a Microsoft account, even for the singleplayer only content on Steam. I'd rather pirate it at that point.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

True, but I'd pay for it too as soon as I had the money, and it was in my price range...

Well, I imagine tor will get pretty popular in Kazakhstan if it can even help in this situation. I don't really know much about it anyway

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Ministry officials said the measure was "aimed at enhancing the protection of citizens, government bodies and private companies from hacker attacks, Internet fraudsters and other types of cyber threats."

So they become the threat themselves by doing a Man-in-the-Middle attack on encrypted connections that can't be interfered with without the user knowing it's been intercepted... What morons.