Random thread

First of all, the speedrun is done by multiple people. Second of all, like I said the health is done via an exploit. Everything demonstrated is done via exploits, as is common with speedrunning.

3:30 for a boosted grenade jump

This is for the insane amount of health. Short version: Get stuck at a certain door using a specific method, you get a huge ass boost. Take enough damage and your health will read 0, but it'll quickly bounce up, as it's not really at 0, the game just doesn't know how to properly read your health.

As for the grenades, I honestly can't say. However, seeing as everything else is done via glitches and/or exploits, I'd say it's safe to assume the same is done here.

Finally, the bunnyhopping, I'm just going off a blind guess here and assume you mean the insane speeds done, and again, exploits. With the Source Engine, people are capable of doing some very insane bhops.

Maybe you should learn a bit more about speedrunning before you accuse a group of people doing a dumb fun segmented speedrun by cheating their way.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

18 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

You can literally watch the 250 point health bar go to 0 several times, then hit additional damage and still keep going, and you think it's not cheating? What about picking up 8 sets of 2 grenade rounds from a single corpse? (he does that several times as well)

No, it really isn't. Self-damage from explosions are about 2/3 as effective as displayed. Don't even get me started on the bunnyhopping.

Infinite HP door, and you're REALLY underestimating HL physics. Explosive boosting is and always has been as powerful as the video shows. I can't personally explain why the dude seems to have infinite grenades but I CAN explain that he's essentially playing the game in retrograde, which means by that point he would've used the infinite HP door and gotten every weapon.

the name's riley

You sure it wasn't down because some EA lackey hired a hacker to take down someone going after their business model?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I hate having some money, but not enough to buy what I want... I'm always just so close to being able to afford things.

That's at lower resolution and lower graphics quality than I ran the game at in 2007 with a PC from 2004! (similar framerate though)