Frostpunk

Sign in to follow this  

Fun for a few hours... After you've beaten each of the included scenarios, it's boring beyond belief.

A strange and satisfying take on city builders. Probably my favorite game of that year and one of the few that pushed me to try the harder difficulties. I don't know what it is about that studio but it sure is good at gamifying sweeping moral choices. The soundtrack is phenomenal.

Great concept. Very quickly gets boring. Lacks depth and variety. Disappointing, but worth a cheap playthrough.

7 hours ago, philmanz said:

bleak and boring. every day is a slog. you might get depressed. 

That's actually kinda the point of the game...

I am amazed that Ross got interested in this game, since he said several times that he doesn't like depressing games, and this game is gut-wrenching even for heartless scum like me.

I thought this game sucked, everything is so artificial. Even if you do well, the game just randomly screws you over out of the blue.

I wouldn't say that this game is depressing, I like the concept, but man the gameplay is just bad, it pisses me off.

There's just too much random bullshit, everything is fake as hell, it just doesn't feel like a real game, I feel like you could get the same experience, by watching a YouTube let's play. The decision making is also pretty weak, I never felt like I had to make any morally heavy choices, or anything with any real emotional impact.

Edited by RaTcHeT302