Minecraft

Sign in to follow this  

Minecraft is pretty good but some people really have hyped it way to much. I haven't played it since it went beta but I will probably start to play it again when it gets finished.

I think minecrafts success comes from it's simplicity. People love simple things, that have a small learning curve. For example Call of duty, it is a very simple shooter, where getting high scores can be done without strategy or tactic. Or the IPhone, i think it appeals to so many people because of it simplicity, the device has really only 1 important button and UI is very easy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After all, games are entertainment, and games that are hard to play are not entertaining.

That entirely depends on the game, and what your definition of "simple" is... I have a hard time playing some simple games all the way to the end simply because they're too simple.

Pac-Man simple is entirely different from Pong simple, and CoD simple is way simpler than 1+1=2 simple... It's all where the "simple" is in the game.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Lately I've been out of ideas in Minecraft so I thought I'd have a go at trying to replicate a building from rl.

I chose this, the Fahle building in Tallinn.

http://blog.ikodu.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/slide0007_image016.jpg

What do you think, is it doable?

Go for it!

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Me and my friends recently picked up on a faux-Minecraft for the xbox called Fortresscraft that looks to spread the fun to consoles.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Me and my friends recently picked up on a faux-Minecraft for the xbox called Fortresscraft that looks to spread the fun to consoles.

I really... Do not like that game. I hate copy-cats when it comes to gaming ( e.g. COD, MOH etc. )

*looks to make money out of Minecraft's popularity.

I really don't like to use the words copy cat or ripp-off. But it in this case it is obvious.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dunno, I wouldn't be so quick to hate it. If it brings the fun to consoles, then why is that a bad thing? Though I'm not really interested in Minecraft to begin with.

I think that is a lame excuse, it is on the PC already. And any PC that isn't 50years or older should be able to run it. And i am neither a console, PC or minecraft "fanboy". But it is obvious that this is a total copy of minecraft. But to each his own i guess :\

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, yes it is a total copy. I just don't understand why that is a bad thing. It's not like it hurts the PC market. It's a console game after all.

I know, i know. But the maker is still trying to make money of something he just copied, which is not right, whether it affects me or not.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, there is no console port of Minecraft. Legally, he's not doing anything wrong. And as I said, it doesn't affect the PC version of Minecraft so why make a fuzz? And if it's clearly not as good as Minecraft, don't you think it will get more people's attention to Minecraft?

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Well, there is no console port of Minecraft. Legally, he's not doing anything wrong. And as I said, it doesn't affect the PC version of Minecraft so why make a fuzz? And if it's clearly not as good as Minecraft, don't you think it will get more people's attention to Minecraft?

I DON'T CARE whether people play it or not, whether it affects anything. It's about the fact that he is making money of something someone else made, and i know legally he doesn't do anything wrong, but it still isn't right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not everything that you can make is unique, but you should still be able to make money off it. The innovation isn't in the product, but in it's system requirements.

If it's a ripoff, good. It'll help sway more people towards PCs.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.