Minecraft

Sign in to follow this  

My first thoughts about fortresscraft were basically yay, console minecraft! It's fun! and then that the developer is gonna get sued so hard for this. We called it lawsuitcraft. Apparently the guy working on this was working on essentially the same idea before mincraft made it big, and after that took heavy insiration from it. The game's credits include a note about mincraft and a good quote: "If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." -Issac Newton.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Well, yes it is a total copy. I just don't understand why that is a bad thing. It's not like it hurts the PC market. It's a console game after all.

Ahh, but Notch has been speaking about a console version ( even though he is rubbish at coding games ). Seriously, the Minecraft modders are better at coding the game than he is -_-

Well, yes it is a total copy. I just don't understand why that is a bad thing. It's not like it hurts the PC market. It's a console game after all.

Ahh, but Notch has been speaking about a console version ( even though he is rubbish at coding games ). Seriously, the Minecraft modders are better at coding the game than he is -_-

Go and try to program a better version of Minecraft from scratch. Then come back.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Go and try to program a better version of Minecraft from scratch. Then come back.

I was talking about how slow the updates come out in comparison to how much is actually in them.

If you guys think FortressCraft is bad what about Manic Digger? Apparently at one point it could (I don't know if it still can) connect to Minecraft servers and as TV Tropes says "Notch was not very impressed with this".

I'm having problems with Minecraft, with fog at full blast, game in window mode, the game would be running with 80-100 FPS just fine, but after a while, both in Single Player, and Multiplayer (even in my own server) the frame rate would drop down to 0-5 FPS. I don't have a shitty computer, but it's not the best either, I can easily run Borderlands, L4D2, Assassin's Creed, Batman Arkham Asylum, Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, Grand Theft Auto 4, and more.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

It does this after you've left it running a certain amount of time, regardless of whether or not you've done anything?

Yeah, like I could just start Minecraft, see that the frame rate is around 500 (main menu it gets really high), I get on my favorite server (besides mine), realize I have to piss, and when I come back I'm down to 3 FPS. I disconnect, and now in the main menu I'm still at 3 FPS.

I may of found the weirdest fix to my problem, put it on Steam, but when I go in full mode I get 0 FPS!

Edit: it's back to it's same old self (0-5 FPS)

Windows 7, and I know that's not the problem, cause a friend of mine also has it on Windows 7 and he has no problems.

Have you tried updating Java?

Yes, and that's helped, for a day.

Edit: now after update 1.6.4, the game crashes after a while. Frame rate is "fixed" in windowed form (for now).

The last few updates for Minecraft seem to have made it a little bit more unstable. The issues will hopefully be ironed out over the next few days.

On a related note, multiplayer Nether is pretty cool.

I think notch should start doing bigger updates more spaced out rather all these small ones that only add very few simple things. That way he would have some more time on his hands to search and fix bugs and the mods wouldn't be broken that often.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

^ He needs to add a mod framework so I can play my levels with the epic Millenaire mod, I can't leave my villagers alone for too long or they'll forget about me :o