Pop Culture.

Sign in to follow this  

Are people sheep in today's society?

Unless one takes a deliberate mindset towards what they like, how they like it and why, they might fall into a realm known as the 'Lowest Common Denominator' whom large companies and media sources like to pander to because they are easy to please.

Did people stop thinking at some point because they want to live like everybody else?

Some people. These people either become known as Artists, or as Degenerates. All that is known is that they deviate from Society, and Society with History dictates whether their deviations are for better or worse. For example, Monty Python. Highly risque in its time, now highly regarded as the trope codifer for much of modern humor in certain instances.

How much propaganda is there really out there?

Lots. But its more often caused from misinformation or implication rather than facts. For example, News companies speculating on the Source of a problem as opposed to simply reporting details of said problem.

Are we aware of propaganda?

Regardless if we are or not, the propagation of this method of information conveyance is heavily ingrained into society nowandays for better or worse due to cultural osmosis and Media's existence for the past number of years, even though culture dislikes it, like grains of sand in our consciousness.

If not, is there ways to resist it?

Actively inform people of the discrepancy between information and implication.

Are the talented and fine arts suffering from commercialized and privatized arts?

It really depends on ones definition of art and what varieties they seek. it is true that vast swathes of modern talent and potential is wasted because it drowns in the overarching behemoth of "Fame".

What is the future Pop Culture?

The same aether of fearful ambiguity that Governmental obsolescence, Education systems and the Economy are spiraling towards in the effect that Society can not keep pace with the rate that which it invents new technology for itself.

Who is behind Pop Culture?

Whoever coined the term.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Although I advise You to read my previous post of how I prefer opinions and information to be leaked here, this by far is my favourite post of this topic. Because it's opinions are pretty well explained mostly and are not just opinions without any background.

Although to post directly answering the questions in opinions and explanations like Blue is also informative and healthy to people who might read this, a paragraph opinion is very much preferred by me.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

If you automatically discriminate against something because lots of people like it well.... Your an idiot.

breathingairwaytomainst.jpg

These days I'm into carbide nitrates.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.