Planet Alcatraz

Sign in to follow this  

This is a pretty good candidate for a game dungeon episode, although I don't think it runs on Windows 10.

It's a cheapo Russian knockoff of Fallout. Not terrible, but there are so many better alternatives out there for anyone looking to have a good time. If you want to have a weird time, though, Planet Alcatraz is a good one.

The funny thing about this one is that it's based on a book. It's called "Санитары подземелий" (that's also the original title of the game). So yeah, it would make an interesting Game Dungeon episode.

42 minutes ago, Samurai Snake said:

Санитары подземелий

sanitari podzemeliy?

Burn the World!

On 3/8/2020 at 4:27 PM, kerdios said:

sanitari podzemeliy?

Yes, literally it's "the orderlies of dungeons", which is based on "wolf - the orderly of the forest" idiom. I don't know have it ever been translated to English.

Actually the game don't have much in common with the book plot. And probably (as in most Russian games of that period) the English translation and voicing is very bad. So I wouldn't recommend it unless you know Russian ?

Played it on Russian and it was relatively fine. If it had Fallout like combat system it may have been better, but it have active pause combat, like Dragon Age Origins. Don't know how good it is on English, but original have lots of prison/army slang and humor. Well, I think there were some good stuff too and some ok story. It is fine when you are 12, but now I have no desire to play it. But I think it is really colorful for a game of this genre, and graphics over all is good. So...pros and cons I guess