Project Warlock

The level up system isn't balanced (magic was completely useless) but it's pretty fun.

It is a great throwback to doom and wolfenstein without trying to repeat them. The having to choose a weapon upgrade depends on your play style, and many of the weapons can easily kill you as fast as the enemies. The enemy cast is refreshing and pays homage to classic horrors but with a fun spin on it all. No buyers remorse here.

Hey Ross, are you a minotaur? Do you enjoy traipsing about maze-like levels and going in circles for countless minutes because you didn't know what that switch did or where that last colored door is? Then holy fuck this throwback is for you!

...it is fun if you can get past that though.

Posted (edited)

I really wanted to check this out since a while, but the brown and bloom style really puts me off.

5 hours ago, xawesomecorex said:

Hey Ross, are you a minotaur? Do you enjoy traipsing about maze-like levels and going in circles for countless minutes because you didn't know what that switch did or where that last colored door is? Then holy fuck this throwback is for you!

...it is fun if you can get past that though.

I hate mazes, and I hate key cards, or locked doors as a whole, so I'll probably have to pass on this one, I would probably get bored pretty quickly. The graphics are just not doing it for me anyway.

Edited by RaTcHeT302