How many timid you shit yourself during Dead Space?

Sign in to follow this  

In Dead Space 1, I always kept the flamethrower on hand for those swarms of crawling bugs that can drain your health and paralyze you.

A well placed line gun grenade or the force gun do that job even better and at the same time are lightyears better at dealing with other necros. Though I must be missing the point of the force gun because aside from keeping necros at bay and taking out the smallest ones I just can't seem to kill with it without spending more ammo than I get from a pickup.

Though I must be missing the point of the force gun because aside from keeping necros at bay and taking out the smallest ones I just can't seem to kill with it without spending more ammo than I get from a pickup.

That's why you use it as a secondary... At max upgrades is the only time it becomes a viable weapon though. Mean time use the javelin secondary fire.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I went through Dead Space 2 with the Plasma Cutter because I didn't know you could buy new weapons -_-

I went through Dead Space 2 with the Plasma Cutter because I didn't know you could buy new weapons -_-

WOW

First of all, the positive, good job succeeding at that.

Secondly, how in the hell did you miss the big glowing stores?

WOW

First of all, the positive, good job succeeding at that.

Secondly, how in the hell did you miss the big glowing stores?

He may have thought they were a new type of necromorph. They're crafty bastards....

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and asks the ghosts if honour matters! The silence is your answer." -Javik, Mass Effect 3

Dead Space 1: I shit myself almost everytime I turned a corner. Though that feeling started going doing in the level right before the Leviathan boss. The hunter part was kinda freaky... Like pregnants. And a good thing about Dead Space 1 was that there wasn't as much blood on the ground as Dead Space 2, which made it scarier for me.

For Dead Space 2: I only shat brix once in the Church of Unitology in the cold... Morgue... place, when one of the necromorphs pounced out of the frozen thing at me. And the rest of the time, I was actually laughing a lot during the game. The amounts of blood on the ground took fear away from me. :<

On a side note, there's nothing scarier than when you feel the first night of Minecraft and not knowing WTF is going to happen. Suddenly zombies and spiders and creepers and skeletons... THAT scared the shit out of me when I first got it.

Chapter 5 of Dead Space 1 is easily one of the highlights for me. Because of the atmosphere and the twisted nature of the story that unfolds I am willing to forgive the level designer for that terrible, terrible fight against the Regenerator and his minions in the locked room of blindingly flashing lights that Kendra just can not hack open unless I kill enough necromorphs. I still remember the voice log I pick up right before meeting the Regenerator for the first time, Mercer is one seriously messed up fellow. The music piece with that male choir-like singing that plays during this part of the chapter really sets the tone and gives me an atmorgasm.

There is just something so creepy about returning to an area you already went through (Chapter 2 to be precise.) but seeing it a lot messier and darker (By darker I don't mean just lighting but the whole atmosphere about the lighting, the presence of candles, etc.). When I first saw just how much Medical had degraded since my previous visit I could just tell that Dead Space was about to get at least a level more twisted than the previous chapters, and quickly enough I met the first of those disgusting Guardians.

I am willing to forgive the level designer for that terrible, terrible fight against the Regenerator and his minions in the locked room of blindingly flashing lights that Kendra just can not hack open unless I kill enough necromorphs.

That was a royal pain in the ass. Fortunately, I'm in hydroponics now.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I am willing to forgive the level designer for that terrible, terrible fight against the Regenerator and his minions in the locked room of blindingly flashing lights that Kendra just can not hack open unless I kill enough necromorphs.

That was a royal pain in the ass. Fortunately, I'm in hydroponics now.

Hydroponics...hehe, reminds me of my least favorite level in System Shock 2.

I hate midwives, I really do hate them.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

My favorite part in either game is the climax of the solar array chapter in Dead Space 2, where you skydive down past debris to get back to the sprawl. Goddamn that was amazing. I already love the solar array chapter though. The part where you're navigating the home of the array's one worker is just great. I loved reading the messages about how he kept trying to shut off the annoying computer, and he just wanted to keep his collection of birds happy.

The part where you actually do shut off the computer has a nice subtle 2001 reference as well.

Secondly, how in the hell did you miss the big glowing stores

I thought they were ammo stores, but I always had enough ammo. I only used it to upgrade my suit.

Secondly, how in the hell did you miss the big glowing stores

I thought they were ammo stores, but I always had enough ammo. I only used it to upgrade my suit.

Since we're on that subject, I'm now using the level 4 suit, but haven't used any power nodes to upgrade my RIG (I've been focused on the weapons). Is it really worth it? Also, the upgrades will carry on to the level 5 suit, right?

You should only upgrade your max health when you're on the verge of dying; free health refill alongside the max increase.

My strategy on upgrades is to upgrade my suit completely first. It's the only thing you use all the time. After that, I focus on one gun at a time.

you wanna shit yourself play penumbra. and if you wanna piss and shit play Amnesia.

This. I'm an avid player of horror games and nothing has quite done it for me like Penumbra and Amnesia. See, in Dead Space, you have the comfort of a gun which I find removes a lot of the fright factor. Probably because it gives you the option to deal with your fears on the spot. And it's all "BOO" horror style. Now, I'm not saying I hate DS. I quite love it. But in terms of scariness, well, it's all startle to me. nothing is actually constant scare.

And yeah my upgrade has always been suit, plasma cutter and then whatever else I may be using(usually line gun)

Retired Forum Moderator

you wanna shit yourself play penumbra. and if you wanna piss and shit play Amnesia.

This. I'm an avid player of horror games and nothing has quite done it for me like Penumbra and Amnesia. See, in Dead Space, you have the comfort of a gun which I find removes a lot of the fright factor. Probably because it gives you the option to deal with your fears on the spot. And it's all "BOO" horror style. Now, I'm not saying I hate DS. I quite love it. But in terms of scariness, well, it's all startle to me. nothing is actually constant scare.

And yeah my upgrade has always been suit, plasma cutter and then whatever else I may be using(usually line gun)

That gives me an idea, a game where to kill the enemy the player has to inflict harm unto themselves.

I'm going to write this down...

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Just finished level 11 last night. Now I plan to go home and kick some hive mind's ass.

EDIT: Hive Mind's ass kicked ;)

I really wish I could play Dead Space, but the camera angle just put me off and made me unable to play it. Seriously, it feels like the character should be in the middle of the screen, not on the left.

I know what you mean, I also felt like Issac was walking with cement shoes because controlling him felt like controlling a giant brick.