Surviving Mars

Sign in to follow this  

While initially fun, it gets boring after about the second hour of play... Nothing really left to do at that point. You're either dead or sitting pretty on a self-sustaining colony by then.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You try to build and sustain a Mars Colony. It’s a rogue like in that failure is permanent (although you can reload your game) and the terrain is different with every new playthrough. It’s pretty hard and without planning ahead it’s easy to fail - your air systems and electrical grids will fail and all your colonists will die if you don’t have a steady supply of raw materials.

Yup. But if you do plan ahead, the game is just "click in this location now, wait, repeat". It has no twists, it has no new content, it's just "build the same way, and win".

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The demo was interesting. you build an ant farm on mars. it seemed very technical and doesnt let you really roleplay a society the way something like tropico would.

Good game to try and play, but not to finish it. The longer you play the longer it takes. And then you try again but try to play better. And again. And... Well, big campaign events (like aliens and stuff) are interesting to sort out. But they are one for one game, so you have to play a lot to see them all, and I don't think I wish to play it more