The Dark Eye - Demonicon

Sign in to follow this  

A pretty average game with not much standing out but i had fun with it. Did help that i saw a review on steam that helped me enter the game with low expectations so i could appreciate the game somewhat. Combat is clunky and i found that ignoring the demon abilities and only focusing on i guess the "human" skills was the way to go. Cannot explain better as it was a couple of years ago i played this. But the one thing i still remember about this game is the setting and some of the lore from the game. It takes place in pretty much one freed city smack dab in the middle of evil necromancer territory. That and zombie brothels which i don't think you ever get to see one.

Bad gameplay, interesting writing (it's The Dark Eye setting after all) and clearly unfinished. Also, your sister in this game is probably one of the creepiest females in video game history.

A lot of the personal moments in the plot are in my opinion the weakest part of the narrative. Learning about lore and such was supported by better writing.

I tried to invest into the game's equivalent of the speech skill, but the game only uses it to let your character ask for more money as quest rewards. The Lore skill seems to be the most relevant outside of the combat-relevant stuff.

The semi-open world is very limited and  it is still too big for the game. Bascially, there are so few people that have anything of relevance to say that the relatively big maps feel all the more empty because of it. Gameplay was fun enough, but definitely not great. Also kind of grindy towards the end.

Edited by BurningSheep (see edit history)