Hollow Knight

Music felt like a mismatch? Oh no Ross, come on! You're the only guy I know that actually bothers to review games' soundtracks and Christopher Larkin did a great job on this! It sure does get pretty hard towards the end and the DLC are crazy hard. (as a side note, Ross listen to the "Nightmare King" boss fight music, it's awesome)

Game picks up speed after getting one of the first upgrades, which lets you dash. Incredible environments and the game nails the dark atmosphere part.

On 7/30/2019 at 5:03 AM, MDMaster said:

Music felt like a mismatch? Oh no Ross, come on! You're the only guy I know that actually bothers to review games' soundtracks and Christopher Larkin did a great job on this! It sure does get pretty hard towards the end and the DLC are crazy hard. (as a side note, Ross listen to the "Nightmare King" boss fight music, it's awesome)

I kind of agree with Ross. The music is fine, if you listen to it alone; but while you're battling and almost ripping your hair off on hard battles (because you don't equipped things well or because the game starts to get hard), the music doesn't fit much. It's like hearing Alice: Madness Returns's Vale of Tears music while fighting a dragon (music's good, but not for this exact time).

Damn good game. I like it a lot. The learning curve is INSANE but once you get the hang of it, it feels really rewarding and I love it.

Ross, I feel like we need a little clarification. What kind of music do you think would fit better?