Post Your Game Findings

34 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

the whole game was a bit swallow

What does this mean? I see you saying that in a lot of game reviews, but it really makes no sense...

bi ti ʤi ˈbulzaɪ

Kingdoms of Amalur

NELuf3W.png

From the cover I assumed that this would be an ultra generic RPG bloom fest from that era, but maybe there's more to this game than I thought. Camera kinda sucks though. This game actually has an extremely solid art style, I hope to play more of this, hopefully it turns out to be fun.

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

Kingdoms of Amalur

NELuf3W.png

From the cover I assumed that this would be an ultra generic RPG bloom fest from that era, but maybe there's more to this game than I thought. Camera kinda sucks though. This game actually has an extremely solid art style, I hope to play more of this, hopefully it turns out to be fun.

Now I'm interested...seems to have some sort of character creation, too

Please add "Trader of Stories - Chapter 2"
http://www.rudowscy.com/tos2/

Definitely a gem of a point and click game by an indie studio with very thoughtful story and puzzles, with unusually long  gameplay for an indie free to play title. Including Custom artwork of high quality (imho).
The story line is linear, but the choices you make can change some of the puzzles you have to solve in order to progress, and they are also skippable.

image.png.9bd34c94255218f3b40ea47bd0146a1d.png

Edited by kerdios
added image of artwork (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, kerdios said:

Please add "Trader of Stories - Chapter 2"
http://www.rudowscy.com/tos2/

Definitely a gem of a point and click game by an indie studio with very thoughtful story and puzzles, with unusually long  gameplay for an indie free to play title. Including Custom artwork of high quality (imho).
The story line is linear, but the choices you make can change some of the puzzles you have to solve in order to progress, and they are also skippable.

image.png.9bd34c94255218f3b40ea47bd0146a1d.png

Ah, sorry but I can't edit the game list. I haven't been contacted back, so I just kept adding games to my own list, in a text file.

Posted (edited)
On 8/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, RaTcHeT302 said:

I'm going to cheat today with the Epic Games store. Yeah.

SuperLiminal

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/superliminal/home?lang=en-US

Vmt3DJH.png

A game where objects which you pick up, change their size depending on your perspective.

I've seen the original concept, never thought it would turn into a real game.

Edit: I thought the game was free, but I guess people were just making jokes about pirating it?

rAD5V8X.png

Ermhh... okay. I don't get the internet sometimes. Is it actually free???

Edit 2: Okay no, people are just joking about pirating it. Heh, okay.

No Straight Roads

gpoXfze.png

I have absolutely no idea what this is about. I want to play it.

Ancestors

8OkmHis.png

Another game where I have absolutely no clue what's going on, the screenshots are not very telling. You... infiltrate monkey society?

World War Z

cwtDUaA.png

That looks horrifying. Uh, it has zombies in it guys, watch out.

Dauntless

C1KCb82.png

Something piratey styled. Uhh, no idea otherwise.

MechWarrior 5

X4j8Lpg.png

GIANT DEATH ROBOTS. OF DEATH. HEY WHERE'S MY GIANT MAD CAT.

GhostBusters (Again?)

GJ7gZOU.jpg

Just an update of the XBOX \ PlayStation releases. Cool. BUT WE ALREADY HAD THIS GAME ON STEAM.

WE ALREADY BUSTED DEM GHOSTS. DEM GHOSTS BE SOME BUSTAS. BUSTAH.

Tetris Effect

Qnx5bTM.jpg

Relax man. Chill. It's Tetris. This looks like a visual clusterfuck and I want to play it.

Falcon Age

ZRkXXMK.png

You have a cute little falcon. It turns into a not so cute big falcon. Yep that checks out.

Gods & Monsters

XRlulCK.png

Hey this totally reminds me of that game I'm working on. That's... totally not depressing at all.

Well... at least it doesn't have... and it's not... THANK GOD. IT'S JUST A GENERIC THIRD PERSON ADVENTURE GAME. Phew...

Dangerous Driving

BgGzqLX.png

Looks okay I guess. Burnout style racing game. I mean, I hope at least. As in, messy car crashes, plus that cool mode where you cause as much chaos as possible in an intersection, which for some reason, no other games beyond Burnout have ever done.

I have absolutely no idea if any of that is in the game. Hopefully it is?

Genesis Alpha One

2Vr1ZsW.png

I mean the cover sold me on it. What more do you want.

Kingdom Two Crowns

3NCfdL9.jpg

I've played the other ones first, great atmosphere, just the way I like it, extremely immersive.

This is almost a dream game for me. But the gameplay in the original games, was just too damn hard, and I wish I could be fighting generic dudes instead of the greed monsters.

Gameplay? Ehhhhh..... It's a little bit... EHHHHH, FINNICKY - YEAH LET'S CALL IT FINNICKY.

I hope Two Crowns is more fun at least. Please.

Kenshi

qOERtVh.jpg

Yeah I'm tired of the Epic Games store as you can tell. Okay, do you like Dungeon Siege. Do you like having a beat down squad with 30 (yes, 30) people. Do you enjoy beating other people into a pulp to get stronger? Do you enjoy some mediocre city building style gameplay? Then this game is... it's alright, it's just okay. But it entertained me, even though it sucks ass.

I both love it and I despise it. It has so many problems and issues to the point where it pisses me off how much the game sucks. But when the game wants to, it can be fun as hell. As long as you ACTUALLY FIGURE OUT SOMETHING TO DO.

I mean, I did get 200 hours worth of entertainment. But I only explored like maybe, 1/5 of the map. Let's just say that, I was addicted. It had too much downtime, so I modded a couple of things to make shit not take fifty thousand years. Seriously, just mod the beds to heal by 100x, you'll thank me later.

This game has some major problems though, but again, just pick the slave start, and you'll have the time of your life. Hopefully.

Kenshi is at it's best early on, but as you progress further, all the game's problems really start to show up.

Also Martial Arts is the best and is the only way to play Kenshi the fun, not boring way, most people play it as.

Seriously, get four dogs, two bulls, and get as many douchebags you can find off the street. Also set your hunger rate to not be god damn ridiculous too, just crank the slider all the way to the right. Once you have 20 dudes, get beaten up, beat people up, get beaten up some more, and at one point, you'll be kicking so much ass, to the point where entire kingdoms will be crawling at your feet.

Mostly because they won't have any feet left. You chopped them off. With your fist. You god damn maniac.

THEY'LL WANT YOUR DAMN FEET TOO, YOU BASTA-

Well... three kingdoms, mostly. Anyway you'll both have a lot of fun, and you'll also end up extremely dissapointed.

Give it a shot???

Call To Arms

CGsm04D.png

Hardcore RTS game, where you can control your dudes, and your vehicles manually. Vehicles have their own first person view modes, with a HUD and all of that fancy stuff.

UY0eE2f.jpg

Men of War - Assault Squad

tfNNu2E.jpg

Very fucking slow, hardcore RTS game. Oh right, both games have inventory management. FOR EVERY, SINGLE, SOLDIER.

Just buy the damn anti tank cannons. Just... trust me. Setup your defenses, setup your frontlines, and get those damn anti tank guns.

Also if you are stuck on one of those maps, where they keep coming in waves, one trick is to move CLOSER to the spawns, it actually makes perfect sense trust me. Otherwise, the level design tends to be very formulaic, pretty repetitive, you are mostly doing the same shit over and over again, but it entertained me to be honest.

You can also steal any enemy equipment. See that big thing which shoots giant rockets at you? Now you are shooting the giant rockets at them.

You can paralize Tanks, burn the crew alive GIVE THE CREW SOME TOAST, and steal their shit for free.

Bear in mind that, this game can be horribly balanced sometimes. It's mostly bullshit, but some of the early levels can be entertaining.

Which one should you buy? My suggestion? Buy the first one, why? The graphics don't have this horrible tinting, everything looks colorful.

Buy the second one if you want some major quality of life changes, and actual functional multiplayer, buy the first one to not bleed your eyes out from the fucking gaudy color filter. Blah. You need to pay for DLC in order to get the AI in multiplayer matches for Assault Squad 2 though... it's a rip off...

Anyway these hardcore RTS games? They are mostly shit, but, even with all the jankyness, they have some pretty original ideas going on. If you can get past the difficulty, they can be pretty entertaining. Just play them on the easiest difficulty though.

Just... please, play them on Easy. Just, play them on Easy.

Hi, why are you saying that these hardcore RTS games are all shit?

Edited by ekket (see edit history)