How to upset the tender balance of a forum

Ah, forums. They r so speshul rite? Yet it's so easy to completely wreck yourself. This isn't about marveling at how we control those horrible impulses to do insane things, (just me? REALLY?) but, if you could say anything that would not be taken seriously, what would it be? And what would you say is the worst most reputation ruining thing you could say?

"I think X-Play is pretty awesome."

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

"I really like the SyFy channel, its much better then the old Sci-Fi."

or

"I think G4 is getting alot better."

or

"Machinima is the best its ever been."

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

"I really like the SyFy channel, its much better then the old Sci-Fi."

or

"I think G4 is getting alot better."

or

"Machinima is the best its ever been."

Can I give 3 Rep points for this?

I think he deserves it.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I don't think I can ruin my reputation... I never post anything that anyone takes seriously. (except a few in the debate threads)

The only thing I can think of to say would probly be deleted, even in this sort of thread, since it involves describing the sniping out of existence of multiple government branches in explicit detail. (followed closely by a ban too probly)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

The upset in balance in a forum occurs when the stupidity outpaces the silliness. It is perfectly acceptable to counteract seriousness with silliness.

ministry-of-silly-walks.jpg

However when willful disregard for the intelligence one has for the sake of instigating humor that is unsure whether both you and your audience will appreciate or enjoy, that is to the detriment of the whole of the community of the forum.

Additionally, I don't think randomness is funny. Non-sequiturs are:

knockknockj.jpg

But we would rarely laugh at true randomness. If you're into randomness, why don't you just loiter on a Noise generator website. "Get this, at first there was a 5, but then there was a 2! My knee is thoroughly tenderized by all the slapping!"

In short, I think the Randomness thread is idiotic.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

The upset in balance in a forum occurs when the stupidity outpaces the silliness. It is perfectly acceptable to counteract seriousness with silliness.

http://engineering.curiouscatblog.net/images/ministry-of-silly-walks.jpg

However when willful disregard for the intelligence one has for the sake of instigating humor that is unsure whether both you and your audience will appreciate or enjoy, that is to the detriment of the whole of the community of the forum.

Additionally, I don't think randomness is funny. Non-sequiturs are:

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3373/knockknockj.jpg

But we would rarely laugh at true randomness. If you're into randomness, why don't you just loiter on a Noise generator website. "Get this, at first there was a 5, but then there was a 2! My knee is thoroughly tenderized by all the slapping!"

In short, I think the Randomness thread is idiotic.

SOUPNAZI.png

I'm smart enough to not play the "Stop having fun guys" card, I just want people to be aware of the balance of Silliness vs. Seriousness, and on a separate note, the distinction between things that are unusual or unpredictable that we find Humorous, and Randomness (things that are absolutely unrelated to one another).

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Its better when you reach a balance of silliness and seriousness as a person, it makes you a likeable mature user in fact, I think I'm done with the random thread, it feels like it's dragging me down on the matureness ladder.

Its better when you reach a balance of silliness and seriousness as a person, it makes you a likeable mature user in fact, I think I'm done with the random thread, it feels like it's dragging me down on the matureness ladder.

I've always assumed that's the point. The random thread could be renamed the immaturity thread.

It's known well that the some very mature people sometimes act immature purely for the enjoyment of it; it's just the nature of the individual. Just as long as you don't make it a habit of being immature, I say do something retarded with your equally retarded buddies every now and again. And also, full-time stupid/immature people were put on this Earth merely for the entertainment and amusement of us well-raised, superior, intulekshual peeplez. We just have to put them in their places when they get out of hand; but that's easier said than done, as we all know.

(And to prevent internet thread confusion; I'm being facetious).

It's known well that the some very mature people sometimes act immature purely for the enjoyment of it; it's just the nature of the individual. Just as long as you don't make it a habit of being immature, I say do something retarded with your equally retarded buddies every now and again. And also, full-time stupid/immature people were put on this Earth merely for the entertainment and amusement of us well-raised, superior, intulekshual peeplez. We just have to put them in their places when they get out of hand; but that's easier said than done, as we all know.

+rep

How are you expecting to prevent confusion with the word facetious?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Read any of my posts in this forum.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

What a waggish prose style you have

P.S. I got that word from the definition of facetious

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

why on earth would you necropost.

that's super stupid.