Favorite Portal 2 Character? [Spoilers]

Sign in to follow this  

JK Simmons seems to be doing a lot of acting in games lately. I'm glad, because he usually gives very good roles.
Really? Which games? It might be interesting to know. For video games I've only seen him in Red Alert 3 and Portal 2.

The only one listed on the wiki page other than those 2 is the Spiderman 3 game...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'd say Cave Johnson. I don't laugh out loud a lot, but some of his lines had me cracking up. "What do these people buy? Tattered hats? Beer? Dirt?" "We don't want old newspapers and sticks cluttering up the testing area." "They said I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair! Did it anyway! Ramps are expensive!" "You may know us as playing a key role in the senate hearings on missing astronauts!"

Oh, and the lemon rant of course.

I'd say Cave Johnson. I don't laugh out loud a lot, but some of his lines had me cracking up. "What do these people buy? Tattered hats? Beer? Dirt?" "We don't want old newspapers and sticks cluttering up the testing area." "They said I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair! Did it anyway! Ramps are expensive!" "You may know us as playing a key role in the senate hearings on missing astronauts!"

Oh, and the lemon rant of course.

It sounded like he said 'beard dirt' to me. Amusing nonetheless.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

That's what I mean, that maybe parts of Caroline's personality got woken up during that part, that layed dormant in her. But I doubt they are the same person. It's probably a kind of schizophrenic feeling.

First of all I think you mean Multiply personality disorder(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia).

Next Cave Johnson told 'you all' that Caroline was to be put into a computer to run the place. GLaDOS having the same personality traits as Caroline(Cave says Caroline is married - to science and GLaDOS says she is in it for the science), remembering Cave Johnson, referring to him in the same mannerisms as Caroline. Everything we find out after the Fall points to GLaDOS == Caroline.

What I'm pointing at is that GLaDOS erases the part of her that is Caroline at the end of the game, so it obviously isn't a simple case of just GLaDOS being Caroline, but rather GLaDOS being an AI that is BASED on Caroline's brain and her memories, but had eventually evolved into its own entity, leaving her with Caroline's memories and feelings and everything but also with her own set of experiences from when she was "born" herself.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

What I'm pointing at is that GLaDOS erases the part of her that is Caroline at the end of the game, so it obviously isn't a simple case of just GLaDOS being Caroline, but rather GLaDOS being an AI that is BASED on Caroline's brain and her memories, but had eventually evolved into its own entity, leaving her with Caroline's memories and feelings and everything but also with her own set of experiences from when she was "born" herself.

I refer back to my other post:

It is hinted at that GLaDOS started out as a copy of Caroline's brain, but eventually evolved into her own entity, so no, Caroline and GLaDOS are not the same person.

While GLaDOS is on your portal gun she says she is Caroline(To be noted as well is in this form she doesn't of the energy to lie), when you get to the end GLaDOS she deleted Caroline and in the credits it says Little Caroline is still in there with her.

You could have the two options as:

Caroline/GLaDOS

GLaDOS

but there is no separating Caroline from GLaDOS.

Edit: "Erik: It was definitely conscious. GlaDOS does let Chell go, and then deletes her human emotion--at least she is telling you she did. Having said that, we're pro-human here at Valve."

From the interview here: http://www.fastcompany.com/1750003/portal-2-valve-eric-wolpaw-jeep-barnett-doug-lombardi

(the last as the other stuff is covered in the other posts)

So the deletion of Caroline isn't necessarily true.

Actually it does say 'Deleted', and the in-game captions confirm this.

Doesn't say 'deleted' says 'delete' but it is a fair point on the captions, so its a question of if its an editing error or a caption error.

JK Simmons seems to be doing a lot of acting in games lately. I'm glad, because he usually gives very good roles.
Really? Which games? It might be interesting to know. For video games I've only seen him in Red Alert 3 and Portal 2.

The only one listed on the wiki page other than those 2 is the Spiderman 3 game...

Ah, I see. I suppose I was mistaken then. Just seemed like it since he was in RA3. Would be nice if he was though.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Would be nice if he was though.

That part I agree with... He's cool enough for video games.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Cave Johnson here. You are now reading this in your mind with my voice. Ain't mental conditioning great? Just make those cheques out to cash, we're between banks right now. Aperture Science, we're done here.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Doesn't say 'deleted' says 'delete' but it is a fair point on the captions, so its a question of if its an editing error or a caption error.

Just extracted the sound file, it's called 'carolyndeleted02.wav', and after listening to it on its own, it most certainly says 'Deleted'.

Just extracted the sound file, it's called 'carolyndeleted02.wav', and after listening to it on its own, it most certainly says 'Deleted'.

Time well spend.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok then it just bring this up again:

"Erik: It was definitely conscious. GlaDOS does let Chell go, and then deletes her human emotion--at least she is telling you she did. Having said that, we're pro-human here at Valve."

http://www.fastcompany.com/1750003/portal-2-valve-eric-wolpaw-jeep-barnett-doug-lombardi

"Erik: It was definitely conscious. GlaDOS does let Chell go, and then deletes her human emotion--at least she is telling you she did. Having said that, we're pro-human here at Valve."

http://www.fastcompany.com/1750003/portal-2-valve-eric-wolpaw-jeep-barnett-doug-lombardi

This pretty much agrees with what the sound says. :\

This pretty much agrees with what the sound says. :\

Ya agreed. It supports that GLaDOS is Caroline or well Spudos as the big body appears to have some sort of other programming as it affected wheatley as well as GLaDOS/Spudos/Caroline.