Lybia and shit

Sign in to follow this  

I get the feeling this situation is going to reach the point where Gaddafi gets captured and/or killed and we got a second case of Iraq on our hands. They already killed one of G's sons, iirc.

Hmmm.... more Aks/Tanks sold good for Ukrainian economy.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Hmmm.... more Aks/Tanks sold good for Ukrainian economy.

Hey, what's the price of the AK-47 & AK-74 up there? (been trying to find reliable price quotes for that area for the past 2 years)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Still, impressive for an itty-bitty country with less global influence than Canada.

Wait, wait, wait... Canada has global influence?!?

Oh, yes. Land mine treaty, you know. Ozone treaty too. elped defuse the Suez crisis. Also, pretty badass during WWII. Mr. Scott (Jimmy Doohan) lost a finger at Juno Beach, shot six times. (By a nervous Canadian sentry, but hey.) He was once labelled the "craziest pilot in the Canadian Air Force." Still pretty badass in Afghanistan. People joke about the Canadian military, but they really shouldn't.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

@DoomShepard Sorry about that comment but I've just been wound up a bit tightly these last few days since my dad's just been taken into hospital because of a heart attack, which in turn is bringing up a lot of memories from when my mum died. I guess I was just a bit angry with the world so don't mind me.

@DoomShepard Sorry about that comment but I've just been wound up a bit tightly these last few days since my dad's just been taken into hospital because of a heart attack, which in turn is bringing up a lot of memories from when my mum died. I guess I was just a bit angry with the world so don't mind me.

I'll pray for him.

Okay, I understand that. You wouldn't have believed some of the stuff I posted online around the time my girlfriend accidentally OD'd on her pain meds and almost died. (That was a few years ago, long before this. Everything's good now.)

So in the spirit of international goodwill, hows about we declare peace?

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Can't have peace without war...

I'll pray for him.

...How did you get such a negative rep???? From opinions?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Okay, I understand that. You wouldn't have believed some of the stuff I posted online around the time my girlfriend accidentally OD'd on her pain meds and almost died. (That was a few years ago, long before this. Everything's good now.)

Peace declared,

Seems like my dad will be okay, he'll be hopefully getting out of hospital sometime this week. He'll be on 4 different drugs for the rest of his life but hopefully they'll stop him getting anymore heart attacks, he's gonna have to quit smoking though and I'm going to have to stop stressing him out.

Peace declared,

Seems like my dad will be okay, he'll be hopefully getting out of hospital sometime this week. He'll be on 4 different drugs for the rest of his life but hopefully they'll stop him getting anymore heart attacks, he's gonna have to quit smoking though and I'm going to have to stop stressing him out.

Cigarettes are the worst shit I've seen in life.

Smoking a cigarette is almost like washing your eyes with weak corrosive material constantly except the effect will fall on your throat, lungs and mouth.

No shit something bad probably will happen.

Sincere sympathies and good luck to your dad.

What negative rep? I see a 0 in my rep slot...

Peace declared,

That sucks... I'll keep him in my prayers though.

What negative rep? I see a 0 in my rep slot...

Now it's a 2

Ok, seriously now, right now I am fucking pissed at what is happening there, Gadaffi is obviously mentally sick, he doesn't appear as an evil person, he is psychologically, legitimately sick and they kill his son and grandchildren. I really feel for that poor guy. Damn NATO (Whichever country bombed him) is going way too far. I almost cried for the poor guy, you don't just lose your family offsprings when you are mentally sick . I mean seriously that is no way to treat a suffering person, take him down, but take him down a coup d'etat for gods sake, not a viking family killing spree.

What the hell did the son have to do with this. What about the three grandsons?

What do you think? What did his family have to do with this???

a viking family killing spree.

But I love doing it that way...

What the hell did the son have to do with this. What about the three grandsons?

What do you think? What did his family have to do with this???

History of psychotic tyranny in the family... This is their version of quarantine.

They're not targeting his family... they're targeting targets. When you believe in nepotism, and you appoint your kids to high posts in your military, then you MAKE them military targets, and shit happens. Saif (the son) was appointed a military commander in the Libyan Army during the uprising. No good reason to be mad at NATO.

You are one scary guy, Doom Shepherd.

What about the three grand children damn it.

You are one scary guy, Doom Shepherd.

Never doubt it.

What about the three grand children damn it.

What about the 14 kids on Pan Am Flight 103, that passenger plane Gadhaffi had blown up over Scotland? And the two on the ground?

This is a civilization that considers you an adult when you can pick up an AK-47. It's also a civilization that hasn't learned yet that it's not a good idea for military commanders to haul their families around with them. It's also one that has a history of employing children as human shields.

The ones you should be asking "what about the children?" are their parents and grandparents.

Assuming the story is true at all...

http://theglobaltime.blogspot.com/2011/05/gaddafis-grandchildren-may-have-lived.html

Never doubt it.

In some weird way, you entertain me.

The rest I just don't agree with for obvious reasons.

Never doubt it.

Likewise.

Personally, I think I'm entertaining for the same reason a Godzilla movie is entertaining... sometimes, you just want to see a giant lizard randomly appear and smash things.

*Shrug* Opinions are what they are. Attempting to change them is usually futile.

Consider this: In those Godzilla movies I just spoke of, King Ghidorah (the really bad monster with three heads) is never defeated by fluffy bunnies. It is always left up to Godzilla to kick his ass. There is a lesson here.

Never doubt it.

Likewise.

Personally, I think I'm entertaining for the same reason a Godzilla movie is entertaining... sometimes, you just want to see a giant lizard randomly appear and smash things.

*Shrug* Opinions are what they are. Attempting to change them is usually futile.

Consider this: In those Godzilla movies I just spoke of, King Ghidorah (the really bad monster with three heads) is never defeated by fluffy bunnies. It is always left up to Godzilla to kick his ass. There is a lesson here.

Well that's proof for different moral reasoning right there.

You think it's right to kill a family member due to another criminal family member.

I don't.

Scary conclusion? Yes.

Are we cool though? (As long as you stay out of my lawn ) Yes.