Lybia and shit

Sign in to follow this  

You think it's right to kill a family member due to another criminal family member.

I don't.

Incorrect. False application of binary right/wrong logic. This isn't Bynaus. Your only options are not 0 and 1.

Might include strawman, I'm not sure.

It's not "right," it's not "wrong," it's "shit that happens." Barring the intervention of benevolent superbeings (which only happens in Star Trek,) stuff like this can't be avoided, and you're gonna have to learn to live with it. Universe ain't fair. If it was, I'd be rich.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

you're gonna have to learn to live with it. Universe ain't fair. If it was, I'd be rich.

And I'd be the planetary ruler of some garden planet that also has the best technology in the galaxy. I'd make sure you're welcome there any time you want, and have run of the place...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

You think it's right to kill a family member due to another criminal family member.

I don't.

Incorrect. False application of binary right/wrong logic. This isn't Bynaus. Your only options are not 0 and 1.

Might include strawman, I'm not sure.

It's not "right," it's not "wrong," it's "shit that happens." Barring the intervention of benevolent superbeings (which only happens in Star Trek,) stuff like this can't be avoided, and you're gonna have to learn to live with it. Universe ain't fair. If it was, I'd be rich.

When I say right and wrong I always say philosophically right, just like you I don't believe there is a unviersal right so get off me you parasite

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Still, impressive for an itty-bitty country with less global influence than Canada.

Wait, wait, wait... Canada has global influence?!?

Oh, yes. Land mine treaty, you know. Ozone treaty too. elped defuse the Suez crisis. Also, pretty badass during WWII. Mr. Scott (Jimmy Doohan) lost a finger at Juno Beach, shot six times. (By a nervous Canadian sentry, but hey.) He was once labelled the "craziest pilot in the Canadian Air Force." Still pretty badass in Afghanistan. People joke about the Canadian military, but they really shouldn't.

Don't forget you guys have the record for worlds longest sniper shot. I think? Last time I checked, you guys were. Honesly, I'm scared of you guys.

Hi Friend.

Since the conflict in Libya has been going on for several months now, I don't doubt an invasion by International Forces. (Which is significantly different and more time consuming than gaining and maintaining air superiority.)

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Kind of resurrecting the topic, but I have insomnia and don't see any sleep on the horizon, so here's my take on this (Yes, I am sleep deprived so I might sound stupid.)

Doom Shepard is right in the sense that "If you make your son a military commander, you're making him a target." Classic logic, cut off the head so the body will die.

In regards to the AK-47 culture stuff, that's true. Hell, I've even seen pictures of kids wearing tuxeos with MP5 sub machine guns in Nigeria. Human shields? Or just cannon fodder?

Congratulations to the rebels for freeing Lybia, my only question is, how long until rebels start popping up in Saudi Arabia, and wiping out the Royal Family? (All 6,000,000 of them?) Who would the US support?

What should the West do now? I honestly see Europe turning to shit, should we help the MIddle East get rid of the idiots who think misquoting the Kuran is going to get them into Heaven with their seventy two male virgins?

What should the West do now? I honestly see Europe turning to shit, should we help the MIddle East get rid of the idiots who think misquoting the Kuran is going to get them into Heaven with their seventy two male virgins?

What the hell do you mean by europe turning to shit? Our culture doesn't allow that. Look at our history since 3000 BC.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

What the hell do you mean by europe turning to shit? Our culture doesn't allow that. Look at our history since 3000 BC.

I think he did. The Inquisition, the Crusades, the 100-years' War, the 30 Years' War, WWI, WWII, the Rise of Communism, the Rise of Fascism, the Holocaust, the Holodomor... etcetera.

Not that Western Civilzation isn't the best civilization (because it is,) but we've seen our fair share of "everything goes to shit" more than once, and there's no guarantee it can never happen again.

Although I think AB may be talking about the current economic fails and the subtle Islamic "Invasion" of Europe, I don't know. The way I see it, Europe has the same problem with immigrant Muslims as the US has with Mexicans... except that Mexicans don't explode as often. :twisted:

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I think he did. The Inquisition, the Crusades, the 100-years' War, the 30 Years' War, WWI, WWII, the Rise of Communism, the Rise of Fascism, the Holocaust, the Holodomor... etcetera.

Not that Western Civilzation isn't the best civilization (because it is,) but we've seen our fair share of "everything goes to shit" more than once, and there's no guarantee it can never happen again.

Although I think AB may be talking about the current economic fails and the subtle Islamic "Invasion" of Europe, I don't know. The way I see it, Europe has the same problem with immigrant Muslims as the US has with Mexicans... except that Mexicans don't explode as often. :twisted:

Yes and during all those wars there wasn't another civilization that was comparable to the might of our own civilization. Cultures are disputable but might, there was noone that could really come close.

Although, a lot of people say China was a better power, I studied them and say that their politics was so egoistic that even though they could have had advanced technology at parts, china always thought they were the center of the earth and everyone around them was barbaric hence they eventually lost pathetically to one small attack by the brits near 1850.

Again, cultures are all equal to the factor of technology which means if a country's culture is only that way because it is dependent on a backwards technology it is inferior to other cultures. But otherwise, cultures are all equally right and wrong.

And about europe being invaded by muslims, we've seen that happen with Moors, remember what happened to them?

I think that the situation now is going to be a bit less clear-cut with the Muslims.

I was talking about the conversion to the Euro as well. Only a few rich countries are propping up your entire economy (I don't know much about the Ukraine, so forgive me if this doesn't actually affect you.)

And instead of having Mexicans blowing themselves up, you're getting them to bring in lots of drugs...

I think that the situation now is going to be a bit less clear-cut with the Muslims.

I was talking about the conversion to the Euro as well. Only a few rich countries are propping up your entire economy (I don't know much about the Ukraine, so forgive me if this doesn't actually affect you.)

And instead of having Mexicans blowing themselves up, you're getting them to bring in lots of drugs...

Euro is still around 40 % higher than the dollar, yes it fell from an awesome 1.47 to around 1.38 but that is really typical right now.

You are probably looking at the graph this way:

graph30.png

When you really should look this way:

hist2011.png

It is clear that the Euro situation is much better than it was at the beggining if the year.

Of course right now it's at a standstill but that is only due to the fact that it was rising so much during the first 4 months.

I'm tired of people constantly complaining about Euro during the drops of it as the drops of the euro have never been worse than the rising. Always, the pessimistic people come out on these days.

As far as Ukraine, we are generally a productive country and are not tied to any one major economy. We are now getting stronger ties with poland too, which was the country that was still rising in GDP even during the recession. If EU fails, we have Russia, if Russia fails we have EU and muslims are not a problem.... yet. We have more chinese, Kazakh and Gypsies here which are diverse but they are not demanding anything so it's fine.

There is going to be a problem sometime in a decade to three decades though in a major country.

I will only say that stability is at a risk these decades and powers might shift. And the only way the major power that will be downgraded will accept it's downgrade to mediocrity power will be through loss in war/conflict as history shows no major power stays silent in a downgrade of economic status of it.

I remember reading a book where the author theorized that Poland and Turkey would become the next dominant powers in the European theater.

I remember reading a book where the author theorized that Poland and Turkey would become the next dominant powers in the European theater.

Turkey, no, because the Eu is never going to accept them as a "european" country even if they have a huge economy, the day turkey will be the most powerful state in europe will be the day europe as we know it ends.

Poland, probably, they recover from the SU well and are known to be good laborers as well as critical economists and have a good amount of inteligentsia.

BREAKING NEWS! GADDAFI IS DEAD!

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

I wouldn't call this breaking news, everyone kind of expected it.

Can't NATO for once manage to put the leaders before a trial instead of killing them....

There are 2 different sides to this story...

The rebells claim they found him in a cement pipe and shot him, took his golden gun.

NATO (I think it was) said that they shot him in a convoy.

I don't believe he is dead, he aint stupid, he probably fixed 2 people to "act" him. And even if he is dead, the NATO (once again) didn't manage to take him alive. From what Ive heard, the NATO forces surrounded him and he said: "Don't shoot!"....

Its just like Saddam. Hang him, Don't ask about all the shit he did...

"Life sucks sober!"

Exactly..... Fuck NATO, I swear.

There are 2 different sides to this story...

The rebells claim they found him in a cement pipe and shot him, took his golden gun.

NATO (I think it was) said that they shot him in a convoy.

I don't believe he is dead, he aint stupid, he probably fixed 2 people to "act" him. And even if he is dead, the NATO (once again) didn't manage to take him alive. From what Ive heard, the NATO forces surrounded him and he said: "Don't shoot!"....

Its just like Saddam. Hang him, Don't ask about all the shit he did...

Nope, unless you can perfectly clone a human being in a country such as Libya, he's dead as a doornail. According to News Daily, he has been stuffed into a meat locker with a bunch of slaughtered animals.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Some of you guys have crummy news sources. There were no NATO troops involved in his capture. Those guys were all Libyan rebels.

It is frustrating that with all high rhetoric about liberation, democracy, freedom etc it all always ends up as a personal revenge against an individual - be it Osama Bin Laden, Czar Nicholas or Gaddafi.

If you are supposedly acting on principles than you must detach your principles from the role of an individual player, because not doing so implies that the individual is more powerful than your principle.

On a practical note, another message for dictators around the world: don't try to be nice to the West - they only want to make you weaker; don't try to be nice to your people, for they will revolt eventually; be as hard and brutal as you can, otherwise you're dead.

Hardly a message that will make these regimes more amenable to peaceful transitions and reforms...

Regards