Oil and its future implications

Sign in to follow this  

On the contrary, I have submitted several basic designs for vacuum energy generation, (one of which I actually had a small functional prototype of) but have literally been laughed off because of being "a crackpot uneducated moron who thinks fringe science can ever be real science". (not joking, those are the exact words) They will never consider a grant for someone who doesn't have a PHD in whatever field they are applying for a grant in, no matter what. (and those type of people are usually indoctrinated by the school system to believe that fringe science is at least 300 years away from being real, if it's even possible at all)

It's weird that they didn't listen to you, considering that you have working prototype. Did you show them your math? If so, what did they say?

They wouldn't've even considered looking at it if I had shown it to them... No point in showing it to people who would rather take a piss on me than acknowledge that I might be smarter than they think they are.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Did you pirate it by any chance? Weren't you like a broke ass student with no money who pirates games, music and movies?

Now I see you are an expert in thermodynamics and physics? Aren't you afraid that the evil corporations will kill you? Oh and the part that you lost it 10 years ago somewhere in the house and haven't made another one since is the best part. Thanks for the morning laugh though. :D :D :D :D :D

I'm really not sure which one is true - your one of the biggest trolls of this forum or are you just sitting in the basement with a tin-foil hat.

@Fric - hmmm... you may be sceptical about BTG's claims but there are ways of expressing these things without resorting to ad hominem attacks...

Regards

No point in showing it to people who would rather take a piss on me than acknowledge that I might be smarter than they think they are.

+1000 I don't know what the original context of your post was but what you said applies to pretty much everything. Idiots are annoying but arrogant idiots are even worse.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

@Fric - hmmm... you may be sceptical about BTG's claims but there are ways of expressing these things without resorting to ad hominem attacks...

Regards

Let's just say that this sounds even less plausible than all those indiegogo, kickstarter revolutionary technology scammers (if not scammers than just people who simply have no technical, physics, chemistry etc. knowledge) that even get publicity in the press - e.g. Thorium fueled car, solar roads, triton artificial gill, self-filling water bottle etc. etc.

They wouldn't've even considered looking at it if I had shown it to them... No point in showing it to people who would rather take a piss on me than acknowledge that I might be smarter than they think they are.

That's not a helpful attitude. If your math checked out then I'm pretty sure they would've listened to you (and it should check out, because again, working prototype).

They didn't care. How many different ways can I say this simple sentence? They didn't want to believe that I had what I claimed, and were unwilling to even consider it. I could have literally shoved the design specs and/or math in their faces and then gotten arrested for assault, but they still wouldn't have paid any attention to the science.

THEY DIDN'T CARE!!!

Please stop trying to find ways to make it my fault that they didn't consider the tech.

As someone who trained in engineering, energy and powerplant is a matter of choosing the right tool for the job.

Imagine a graph that interrelates common power need factors: mechanical efficiency, mechanical complexity (cost), weight, size, ease of use.

For over a century, petroleum products have been the go-to because their sweet spot is such a broad area of that graph.

As electricity becomes more and more versatile though clever motor design and (more importantly) better chemical storage of electric charge, it's only going to become a more appealing choice over petroleum for most consumer uses of petroleum products. As for petroleums, there is a lot of research being put into making biopetroleums through things like algaculture (algae that can synthesize things like gasoline and ethanol). If alga-bioreactors can be scaled, there are certain petroleum products that aren't truly limited. Just severely restricted.

Of course not all tasks can be totally eclipsed by electrification: any sensible mechanical engineer is going to choose the right tool for the job in a way that takes short and long term economics into the scene. Only about 10% of present traffic really *needs* combustion engines to suit their specific tasks: the rest would make more sense to replace with electric counterparts, if only the cost wasn't so individual and presently expensive.

One of the complaints I often hear about greater electrical load is that it places greater demand on existing grids. The problem I have with this complaint is that Smart Grids will exist soon, where power management is distributed and computerized, and less picky about the generating sources.

For making more power outright, having micro-hydrogenerators[1], tidal power, enhanced geothermal and greater adoption of wind farms are a few ways in which the world could increase electrical generation capacity. Granted most of these have no ability to capacitate, but that's where distributed storage, like power walls and electric car batteries come in.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:10 PM, Blue said:

As someone who trained in engineering, energy and powerplant is a matter of choosing the right tool for the job.

Imagine a graph that interrelates common power need factors: mechanical efficiency, mechanical complexity (cost), weight, size, ease of use.

For over a century, petroleum products have been the go-to because their sweet spot is such a broad area of that graph.

As electricity becomes more and more versatile though clever motor design and (more importantly) better chemical storage of electric charge, it's only going to become a more appealing choice over petroleum for most consumer uses of petroleum products. As for petroleums, there is a lot of research being put into making biopetroleums through things like algaculture (algae that can synthesize things like gasoline and ethanol). If alga-bioreactors can be scaled, there are certain petroleum products that aren't truly limited. Just severely restricted.

Of course not all tasks can be totally eclipsed by electrification: any sensible mechanical engineer is going to choose the right tool for the job in a way that takes short and long term economics into the scene. Only about 10% of present traffic really *needs* combustion engines to suit their specific tasks: the rest would make more sense to replace with electric counterparts, if only the cost wasn't so individual and presently expensive.

One of the complaints I often hear about greater electrical load is that it places greater demand on existing grids. The problem I have with this complaint is that Smart Grids will exist soon, where power management is distributed and computerized, and less picky about the generating sources.

For making more power outright, having micro-hydrogenerators[1], tidal power, enhanced geothermal and greater adoption of wind farms are a few ways in which the world could increase electrical generation capacity. Granted most of these have no ability to capacitate, but that's where distributed storage, like power walls and electric car batteries come in.

Yeah this is pretty accurate. I owned a Fiat 500e and it had a realistic range of 70-80 miles and it suited everything I needed for quite some time. The only reason I went back to an ICE vehicle is because I suddenly need to travel cross country one-way and the drop-fee for a rental and transport cost of my car is insane. Most people don't travel more than 40 miles in any day, and you can charge overnight on a standard 120v. Electric cars have around 70%-80% real efficiency of power usage and power plants are close to that while ICE vehicles are 50% tops.

Many people make the argument that power plants are just moving the pollution somewhere else, but localized controlled pollution with heavy oversight is better than that pollution spread all-over. Not to mention there's a significant portion of the power-grid moving to renewable sources and nuclear power.

From a personal standpoint, it was awesome owning an electric car. No emissions test, no oil, oil seals, transmission, transmission fluid, muffler system, ect, ect. Also since it's tech the value of those cars drops significantly in the first couple years. I picked up my Fiat 500e for $8000 with 10k miles on it, when just a few years ago it sold new for $36,000.

Problem is, the battery life degrades way too fast. You can't use the same $5000 battery for 20 years and expect to go more than a half a mile on a charge.