Total Annihilation

Oh man, I loved this game back in the day. I would set my robot factory to build Pee-Wees or AKs continuously and have their rally point set as the back of the enemies base, that way they were dealing with a constant flow of my cheap units into their base while I did whatever I wanted. The graphics were really good for the time and while it looks similar to C&C it doesn't play the same at all, I played both extensively.

Oh and batteries of big berthas were great, but I preferred the buzzsaw, a fully-automatic big bertha in the Core Contingency expansion missions. You needed about a dozen fusion plants to get it firing at full capacity.

If you like TA, you gotta download the latest version of its unofficial patch. Link below:

http://www.tauniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42656

It integrates all previous patches and interface-improvement mods as well as other features for recording games and tweaking various other settings. Also fixes navigation issues which where a plague for this title.

I've been playing this game since it came out. Wonderful RTS with a great soundtrack and plenty of content.

Oh god yes, TA. I spent most of the past two summers playing through the original and the Core Contingency.

The Mac I was using though has bricked itself somehow. Imma see if it's fixable this summer.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Ah there was a old strategy game that was on that console i sorta remember playing it when i was younger but i have no idea what it is called.

Back by popular demand!

Don't tell me it was Dune...

dkuOBMKaV-Q

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

One thing that bugged me a bit in TA was the campaign missions being mainly 'Destroy every enemy unit on the map'. Which is fine y'know, but it does tend to fall into repetitiveness at times.

The biggest shame for me was the 'Time To Leave' mission in the Core version of Core Contingency. The objective is to survive for 1 hour. Which sounds alright - have at least 2 Krogoth on the go, make sure the hailstorms don't destroy the mission-critical tower, and sit tight. But no, you have to clear the map of Arm. And again, I'm down with that, but it's kinda misleading...I once spent 2 hours on it, thinking "So...I win now?"

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR