Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic)

Sign in to follow this  

The way I'm reading it, Spoony made some rape joke like a month ago, Lupa dug it up and poked Spoony until he snapped, TGWTG suspended him, he didn't stop, and now his twitter is insane.

edit: uh pinkie, http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/thenews/35675-a-farewell-to-noah-antwiler-aka-spoonyone-with-ca

that's the pr version

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Is he ok?

Is he going to finish ultima 9

Is he still going to make videos

I need answers!

Well this isn't the first time Spoonys snapped about stuff. I remember when he was still dating that one chick and they both deleted any posts on his forums that were even the slightest bit critical. So, doesn't surprise me. Still, kind of sucks, though.

More than likely he'll keep making videos, Felix. Just not for TGWTG.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Wait, I've got the whole thing on video:

okaNIRTXvV0

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Apparently, both Obscurus Lupa and JesuOtaku are involved in this. The rumor is that Spoony was trying to hit on both of them and they didn't like it. I don't know; I don't follow Twitter and I'm reading things second- and third-hand. Either way, I'm still a fan of TGWTG even with Noah's exit.

I'm really bummed about this because not only was he posting again, but the quality was picking up, even his cameos were getting better. That AJ xcom interview was awesome and I've been waiting for Ultima 9 part 2. also no more Insano for anyone on tgwtg

Apparently, both Obscurus Lupa and JesuOtaku are involved in this. The rumor is that Spoony was trying to hit on both of them and they didn't like it. I don't know; I don't follow Twitter and I'm reading things second- and third-hand. Either way, I'm still a fan of TGWTG even with Noah's exit.

I didn't hear that anywhere. I just saw that Spoony made a rape joke in regards to Redlettermedia's Star Wars reviews, and I guess Lupa and JesuOtaku freaked out over it and got all of TGWTG's jimmies rustled or something to that effect, then Spoony got pissed and a Twitter war happened. Maybe Spoony will explain more once the drama whines down.

It started with something like, "If that relationship doesn't work out, I can always take you into my basement in chains and show you love my style." directed at Jesuotaku. I dont even know who that is.

Well I just saw the post Spoony posted but for the life of me can't put it in my post, but basically he joked about JesuOtaku saying loosely, "If things don't work out with you and Nash, I could always tie you to a pipe and love you. My way." He said it slightly different but basically it boils down to that. Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel on the subject. I'm surprisingly apathetic about the whole thing, not really offended. But, I can see how she, Lupa, and anyone could find it offensive. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, obviously, and it was a dumb joke that really shouldn't have been a big deal. I think how it spiraled out of control was when Spoony went on a tirade about it, and other TGWTG members started ranting about it (specifically Lord Kat) all the while being egged on by their Twitter fans. Really, it could've been solved with a polite conversation and delicacy...but this is the internet. So fuck that noise. So, now Spoonys out. As long as he keeps making videos though, I don't have too much of a problem.

EDIT: Dammit Arby you ninja.

The Mara Wilson shenanigans is my favourite thing to come from Doug these days, a misunderstanding led to an awesome twist at the end of his Nostalgia Critic - A Simple Wish review/rant. I wonder if Doug's ability to get big names/formerly big names into his videos will pick up the pace, because it is pretty awesome.

EDIT: I don't actively watch Spoony's stuff but I thoroughly enjoyed his SWAT 4 Let's play series and his cameo in Nostalgia Critic's Battlefield Earth review/rant.

[attachment=0]spoony comment.jpg[/attachment]

I loved the Spooning With Spoony segment and I loved his "Dr. Insano" character. His appearances in the anniversary episodes was also great. He will be missed from TGWTG; I wonder how they'll do the 4th anniversary special which hasn't been released yet (assuming that Noah starred in it).

But my favorite character/person on the site beyond Doug Walker has to be Lindsay Ellis ("The Nostalgia Chick"). :)

Her recent behind the scenes episode was very good but I usually don't watch her show.

I never really liked Spoonys work, sure I watched his "review" of Final Fantasy 8, and some others, but I just couldn't get into him, Dr. Insano is his best job, and even that's "meh". I'm not sadden he's out of TGWTG, I was more sad to find out Lord Kat left, and ended his "Until We Win" series, which I really liked. I only watch NC (Doug), Linkara (mainly HOPR), AJ, JO (mainly her Digimon analyze videos), FB, and one of the new guys, Blockbuster Buster (he's good, has potential, but he's getting better). Also (seeing as I was ninja'd, I can add some more information to my post), like with Arby, I normally don't watch NC (Lindsey) but her BTS episode was good, it even inspired me, and I wish more of them would make BTS erpisodes.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Spoony might be out, but he does still have his own website. http://spoonyexperiment.com/

It's not that big of a deal, the bulk of his fans will flock to his website, that's all. Still sad that the anniversaries are going to be without him. Still, he must have been a dick to work with considering this is too random to get him kicked out when it was obviously a joke. This was probably the last straw in a long line of straws.

Hi Friend.

I watch Spoony on his website, anyway. Nothing but NC, sometimes Angry Joe, and the occasional other TGWTG contributer that catches my eye keeps me on TGWTG. Otherwise, I just watch Spoony. I've spent entire nights just watching his videos. From 11 PM to 4 AM once, I watched his entire Phantasmagoria 2 Let's Play.

In order of interest to me: Spoony, Brad, angry joe, linkara doug, phelous

those are probably the biggest draws for me.