Free for all section

Should we split the Free For all section into two? Debate/Science/Arguments and Fun/Jokes.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we split the Free For all section into two? Debate/Science/Arguments and Fun/Jokes.

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Sign in to follow this  

I'm feeling like we basically need to split it into two with some "debate" or "scientific" section and a fun section.

The reason is that the debate sections keep appearing on the top while the fun sections are lower and sometimes forgotten due to the debate section ofc being so active.

I would really like to see that happening please

So can we do something about that?

I attached a poll for moderators to check on the popularity of this thread in case it's a democracy thing.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I don't care. Well, I don't don't care, but I just don't know what to choose :/

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Yeah about that, sorry for the very vague poll options, I'll just treat I don't care as either neutral or as some other option.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Yeah about that, sorry for the very vague poll options, I'll just treat I don't care as either neutral or as some other option.

No, the poll is good. It's just me, I'm not sure do I want keep it in the way it is now or not

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I guess it is a good idea, this didn't bother me in the first place, but it can't do any harm to split them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My thoughts:

Free-for-all section - for general off-topic topics, such as the news, but containing normal discussion.

Fun section - The Random thread and forum games can go here.

Debate section - self explanatory, all those debating topics should go here.

I don't think there should be an arguments section, nor a 'Scientific' section. Any subjects of new scientific discovery etc can go in the normal Free-For-All section. Same for discussing religious enlightenment and whatnot. Debates on these issues go in the debates section. General discussion of them should go in the Free-For-All section.

Therefore I mostly approve of this idea.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I don't think there should be an arguments section, nor a 'Scientific' section.

I think you misread his post...

Basically all he was saying was to add a debate section, and move the debate threads into that section.

I'm for it, would likely reduce clutter.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't think there should be an arguments section, nor a 'Scientific' section.

I think you misread his post...

Basically all he was saying was to add a debate section, and move the debate threads into that section.

He was suggesting to split the Free-For-All forum in to two sections, but a debate is not an argument, and the debate does not necessarily have to be scientific. Also, I know he said split it in to two, but he also wrote the poll title as though he was suggesting splitting it in to four. Anyway I suggested a refinement of his idea to two sub-forums of the Free-For-All forum rather than splitting the Free-For-All forum in to two different forums.

To the Mods:

Ok, so I wonder how many votes would be needed or if it is actually possible currently to realize this proposal.

Only Administrators can change forum sections around.

I'm fine with it if the mods are willing to sort out all the old topics once the new section is created.

I'm fine with it if the mods are willing to sort out all the old topics once the new section is created.

Thank you Ross Scott for your response!

So now I guess we can wait a few more votes and resolve this with the mods:

1. Who here of the mods would be willing to do that?

2. How many votes, what ratio should we need?

Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do, so any mod who has spare minutes can do it.

I'm perfectly willing to go through and move threads around accordingly. There's only five pages of threads in that section, it could be a lot worse.

Provided I'm awake to do it (off to bed now, it's 1am).

Whoever has voted no, can they please explain themselves because if you are not I will assume that you just voted no for the sake of it.

It is none of your business who votes what. People can have opinions different to yours.

Wait, I'm not being aggressive here but reasonable, just trying to understand why some vote

no but if you prefer it to be anonymous, sure. I just don't want someone to do it for the sake of doing it.