Osama bin Laden is dead.

Sign in to follow this  

The al-Qaeda leader, Osama bin Laden, is officially confirmed dead after being killed by a United States asset outside a mansion in the Pakistani capital of Islamabad.

Keep discussion of this topic to this thread, please.

I seriously doubt this will affect anything except how we view the war. (that is if he's really dead, and the body they have isn't just another lookalike)

I personally don't give a shit, since Osama never could have done anywhere near as much damage to the USA as Obama already has...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Really doesn't change much. Osama will be replaced by another Osama from there....

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Osama is dead and USA gets all the bragging rights. I guess there really is no good without bad.

He almost lived 10 years after 9-11. That is some accomplishment, indeed. (And it IS is a shame for American military inetlligence)

Justice: can man really judge for himself whether a man should live or die?

Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

He almost lived 10 years after 9-11. That is some accomplishment, indeed. (And it IS is a shame for American military inetlligence)

Not to mention that he is an american product both literally and most likely due to american decisions back in 1980.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Not to mention that he is an american product both literally and most likely due to american decisions back in 1980.

That myth is tired.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

The american rebel support during the Soviet-Afghan war is certainly not a myth.

Osama might be dead. But Al Quaida lives on.

Osama tries to teach us a lesson, we learn it and forget it a few years later, Osama dies, we get arrogant again, just so happens that he dies before 10th 9/11 anniversary, on 9/11/11 we get bombed again, 10 years of misery, some leader dude dies. Yey, arrogance.

From my view, it is very sad that so much people can be happy because of the death of somebody. Many people have been killed in both sides, I can't get why is so great this murder. Both sides are wrong thinking in absolutes.

The american rebel support during the Soviet-Afghan war is certainly not a myth.

Another thing that is not a myth: Bin Laden made a name for himself in Afghanistan by paying his own way and absolutely refusing to accept "outside" money. His financial support came from Saudi Arabia and his own millions. The Mujahedeen were NOT a cohesive group, all of whom received support from the same place.

The rebels the US supported were the people who eventually became the "Northern Alliance" That the Taliban and BinLaden fought against.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

From my view, it is very sad that so much people can be happy because of the death of somebody. Many people have been killed in both sides, I can't get why is so great this murder. Both sides are wrong thinking in absolutes.

What murder? This is vermin control.

Another thing that is not a myth: Bin Laden made a name for himself in Afghanistan by paying his own way and absolutely refusing to accept "outside" money. His financial support came from Saudi Arabia and his own millions. The Mujahedeen were NOT a cohesive group, all of whom received support from the same place.

The rebels the US supported were the people who eventually became the "Northern Alliance" That the Taliban and BinLaden fought against.

Beat me to it... lol (+rep)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That myth is tired.

I guess he meant that during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan the US provided funds weapons and trainings for the Mudjahedins, amongst whom Bin Laden found a new home. This is a historical fact. Not mention the US probably did wisely to support the Mudjahedins to fight off the USSR, since by that time the Soviet Union was the USA's arch enemy. Who could have known against who the Afghanistani fighters would turn after the was. I guess the mistake was to leave Afghanistan alone after the war, but such things have happened many times during history. And as we all very well know. The only thing mankind has learnt from history, is that mankind never learns from history...

I guess You are wrong, but still I am no Afghanistan history guru

I just don't like the fact americans are celebrating it so much. Okay, one the big guy was killed, but there'll be another ones. And again... Whatever, I'm going to see what's happen next.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"