Scary YouTube Changes?

Sign in to follow this  

1HzFZ4L.png

Wow. Holy shit. Is this for real? I was actually gonna make some edited YouTube videos again, as I slowly started to free up some space... but man.

I almost don't even see the point in having a Google account, I might actually legit just delete it.

What do I miss out on, the ability to comment? Subscriptions? I can track those manually anyway.

I guess finding new uploads would be annoying, but YouTube is just gonna delete all the old stuff anyway, so why even bother subscribing anymore.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

From the ToS:

Terminations by YouTube for Service Changes

YouTube may terminate your access, or your Google account’s access to all or part of the Service if YouTube believes, in its sole discretion, that provision of the Service to you is no longer commercially viable. 

The latest news I've heard is that it's a disclaimer stating that it can disable YouTube or specific parts of the service, e.g. YouTube Music. That does seem more likely, but YouTube still being a brick wall doesn't help any of this. Also, IIRC, this has already been a thing in the EEA for a couple of months.

24 minutes ago, ekket said:

From the ToS:

The latest news I've heard is that it's a disclaimer stating that it can disable YouTube or specific parts of the service, e.g. YouTube Music. That does seem more likely, but YouTube still being a brick wall doesn't help any of this. Also, IIRC, this has already been a thing in the EEA for a couple of months.

I don't know, with how unstable YouTube has been recently, I've begun backing up some older obscure videos which I like a lot, I'm not gonna wait around for them to make up their mind for sure.

35 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

You sure that doesn't just mean they can kill whoever doesn't make them money?

I don't think they are hitmen, wait you didn't mean it literally.

23 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

I don't think they are hitmen, wait you didn't mean it literally.

Are you sure? About either?

bi ti ʤi ˈbulzaɪ