NEW EPISODE: OIL'S WELL

Sign in to follow this  

Nice episode - interesting to see a more serious side. Just hope certain politicians don't see this and get bad ideas about using genocide to "solve" crises in real life...

Anonymous: "want to spend my life as good as possible, while I can" - it's that kind of attitude that causes these kind of problems in the first place. One of the key reasons alternative fuels haven't really taken off is because the powers that be are raking in loads of profit from the oil industry - and want to "want to spend their lives as good as possible, while they can" i.e. getting rich off oil rather than gambling on the financial risk known as "change"

I approve. and Electric cars are the way to go!

Hydrogen really is the biggest joke on 4 wheels.

It would take twice the electrical energy just to make water into hydrogen to then sell like gas to put in cars that turn the hydrogen back to electricity to power an... Electric car!

That is right people. A Hydrogen Fuel Cell car is just an electric car with a complex power system. One that can be refilled only at a hydrogen fueling station most likely owned by shell or texico or BP.

Go Watch "Who killed the electric car?" you will be so pissed afterwards you may punch a baby!

PS im not a tree hugging hippy. I just hate paying loads to run my car.

eh, i am dissapointed, 500 yrs to make a 5 min vid. it was okay.

myrrh: I haven't updated this one yet and it went through several rewrites. I plan to put all the scripts up once I get the new website up.

chuck: The problem is more lack of government intervention since you can't count on business to do what's best for civilization. I'd say all the individual can really do is prepare for a regression of society

f12bwth: Yeah hydrogen is a joke. The problem is more imminent than what it can deliver presently.

karanjhala guy: This one took me a little over a month to make, most of my time has been spent on the tutorial. More CP is coming and it will be out faster than previously.

Hehe, your '500 years' was mostly spent on three other movies. Two being of Civil Protection and one being for Noesis, I trust you know. This fourth one was actually made pretty quickly, I think.

I thought the video was very VERY well done, yet a bit to preachy for my taste. I watch stuff like this to escape from everyday life's problems. So I am happy to hear that you don't plan on releasing any more "FOR THE CAUSE!!! CHAAAARGE!" videos.
I honestly think though that you should start a large scale production of a Seven Years War movie. Some of the footage in this video was pretty cool. However, when you mentioned the fact that this video was really hard to make, that was kinda like "aaaaw, then I suppose he might now =(" But hey, if you are ever not planning on releasing any more CP or FM or tutorials (yeeeea, like THAT will ever happen!) Perhaps you will indulge yourself in this idea. =)
Thanks for the new vid! Keep it up!

mike & dave fan: awesome man, you'll have to contact me once I get the new website up, I'd love to have more mirrors.

shifty: Yeah don't worry man, this was more of a one-time deal, I promise Mike and Dave will just be screwing around in the next episode. This video actually wasn't the hardest to make at all, it was definitely easier than episode 2 or 4. What was frustrating is that it was meant to be more of a collaborative effort and I ended up having to do a lot more of it myself than I planned on.

Thanks for the masive update and the new CP episode.

I'm curious to see how you'll handle the rest of Half-Life.

In the mean time, I'll be enjoying some fishing with Dave.

man u should have mirrors for download. i cant download from damn filefront. tnx mike&davefan for mirror. upload on rapidshare will be appriciated =)

info_warrior: "fossil fuel" is just a term. Most oil comes from ancient swamps and most of it is plant matter, look it up if you want to know more about its formation.

By "peak oil", I'm referring to us not finding more oil than what we're consuming, meaning, the finite supply of oil is going to go down as time passes. The articles you're pointing to are primarily talking about artificial pricing, using peak oil as a scapegoat. I'm sure there's plenty of validity to that too. Finally, I agree, Russia is probably is NOT in peak oil right now, since they have the largest deposit on Earth and they're not an OPEC nation, so they're able to basically hoard it for themselves. What I'm talking about is GLOBAL consumption, which includes places like the USA, most of Europe, China, India, and many other countries which are highly dependent on oil.

If peak oil existed, the price of oil would be much higher than it is now; instead the price of oil is quickly decining. I am confident we will always be able to find new sources of oil-there is no peak oil. Renewables just produce too little power and cost too much, although the most dangerous scam by far is ethanol. Government intervention usually just enriches the vendors of these ineffective technologies. The real solution is to end urban sprawl and drill everywhere.

DUDE! My GOD that was incredible! The facts sure, whatever. But the level of *detail* you went into with each and every scene. Ok granted, some may have already been "made", but the people, cars, camera angles, character animations, and all other custom work was absolutely shocking.

It's not every day...or even YEAR, that I come across a Machinima with this much attention to detail and level of workmanship. Even if I was completely against what you were saying (which I'm not...we ARE screwed), I would *still* wet myself at the entire production.

GOOD JOB. Shit, why can't more people do stuff like this?

Extremely well done... albeit in the tone of a lecture for the most part.

It has at least been interesting to see the consumers' and producers' reactions with the recent spike in oil futures - due to the 'safe haven' of commodities not supply, as is evidenced by the current falling prices - to see what the initial reaction can look like.

And yes, mass-produced cellulosic ethanol can not come soon enough. Definitely better than the 'clean coal' euphemisms.

Ever read about Whale Oil, and the switch from it?

The dead body gag was genius man, good way to deal with such a heavy subject. One downside, genocidal alien invasion seems like a really good idea right now. Ah well, no pain no gain I guess 0_o

Actually, in some cases, a loss of population can sometimes make things much worse because you don't have so much people working on getting the food and resource and all that.

Heck, some countries desperately need immigrants to fill in their jobs. For oil consumption though, there's so very many people.

Hello Ross

Could you publish english subtitles for Oil's Well please? They may be in SRT, SSA or any other sub format

Thank you