Has the Gaming Market, Officially Gone Insane?

Sign in to follow this  

MOZnCOO.png

109 FREAKING EUROS (WHEN NOT ON SALE)

EIPVuvI.png

1€

oh

i don't get the economy

cvK5PUZ.png

wait what the fuck

honestly, why do game companies devalue their billion dollar worth games so quickly?

i don't even see the point in buying anything anymore, i mean, if i wait long enough, i'll get the game for free, because for some weird reason, these billion dollar worth companies, who have million dollar worth projects, eventually just, decide to gladly give it all away for no real reason

umhh... okay?? WHY??? I MEAN SURE I'LL TAKE IT

IT'S EITHER THAT, OR IT'LL COST LITERAL PEANUTS EVENTUALLY, WHY EVEN BOTHER

also, fuck this bullshit (you HAVE to get the gold edition, to not grind like a maniac - buncha assholes)

oh, you don't want to? enjoy your payouts being CUT IN HALF

tOYuwFh.png

i once saw a JPEG which cost as much as a fucking house

CQa9lTl.png

there's no way such people would exist right, i mean, nobody in their right mind would pay for that, ha

i mean come on, i should be getting the FREAKING BLUEPRINTS TO THE DAMN THING, I SHOULD BE GETTING THE MODEL IT-FUCKING-SELF

please tell me no one bought this abomination

nobody would be that retarded, right

no wait, i just saw a guy buy a 10 minute piece of shit playstation 1 game for three hundred bucks

no, there's definitely some dumbass who gladly paid full price for this

i have no words, i'm just dissapointed, that's all

and yes, if you paid 27,000$ on what is essentially, "ACCESS" to a pretend space ship, you are an actual retard

could've bought some solar panels, you know, SOMETHING, but no, let's pay money for SOMETHING WHICH LITERALLY DOES NOT EXIST

gg no re

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

It seems to all about milking the whales anymore.

Alas, poor Nupraptor - I knew him well. Well, not really. -Kain (Blood Omen)

30 minutes ago, Icebox said:

It seems to all about milking the whales anymore.

whales? i don't think whales can play videogames, do they even have hands?

they are pretty majestic though

nrmpuw2.png

On 12/23/2019 at 10:05 PM, RaTcHeT302 said:

once saw a JPEG which cost as much as a fucking house

CQa9lTl.png

there's no way such people would exist right, i mean, nobody in their right mind would pay for that, ha

i mean come on, i should be getting the FREAKING BLUEPRINTS TO THE DAMN THING, I SHOULD BE GETTING THE MODEL IT-FUCKING-SELF

please tell me no one bought this abomination

nobody would be that retarded, right

no wait, i just saw a guy buy a 10 minute piece of shit playstation 1 game for three hundred bucks

no, there's definitely some dumbass who gladly paid full price for this

i have no words, i'm just dissapointed, that's all

and yes, if you paid 27,000$ on what is essentially, "ACCESS" to a pretend space ship, you are an actual retard

could've bought some solar panels, you know, SOMETHING, but no, let's pay money for SOMETHING WHICH LITERALLY DOES NOT EXIST

gg no re

That 27k thing is from Star Citizen. The whole thing is a big scam at best.  Sunken Cost Fallacy Mob Defense doesn't even begin to cover the excuses people make for it. I think it garnered millions of dollars half a decade ago and is still barely  playable. It's like, four, five games and tools in one with one half-cooked system to show from it.

I think they *can* use these ships, in a hanger and in a PVP arena thing, but that's about it.

I can go on, but mostly by comparing it to one of my old favorite game which was a multiplayer space MMO with crewed ships and persistent universe. It looked like ass, yes, but at the very least as a technology demonstrator, showed that it could be done.

Edited by Eshanas (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Eshanas said:

I can go on, but mostly by comparing it to one of my old favorite game which was a multiplayer space MMO with crewed ships and persistent universe. It looked like ass, yes, but at the very least as a technology demonstrator, showed that it could be done.

game name?

18 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

game name?

Sounds like a late-LancersReactor-era mod for Freelancer actually...

bi ti ʤi ˈbulzaɪ

4 hours ago, Eshanas said:

StarQuest Online, actually.

Yeah, there was a Freelancer total conversion mod for that... I never got it because it was over 1GB, and would've taken several days to download.

bi ti ʤi ˈbulzaɪ

Posted (edited)

i'm sorry but i just had to post this

pYQkdSw.png

umh, this game is free - temporarily sure, but it's free

it's already 25 freakin euros, and umh... oh then, this must be, a pretty old game then, it has to be, at least, two, three years old by now?

wait what the fuck, what do you mean it came out THREE MONTHS AGO

ffQcfiA.png

holy shit, this market is fucked

oh boy i sure wish i could play me some destiny, but consoles sure are expensive

what the fuck do you mean the sequel is free, THEY WOULDN'T JUST GIVE AWAY A WHOLE GAME FOR FREE

WHAT KINDA DUMBASS WOULD DO TH-

Tu0rjIx.png

oh

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ECONOMY, I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING

VIDEOGAMES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE TO MAKE GUYS, SO THAT'S WHY WE JUST GIVE THEM AWAY

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

can we do the same for food, rent and bills please lol, anyway, uh, gaming is fucked, that's the lesson for today

Edited by RaTcHeT302 (see edit history)

Games go on sale, or end up being free (temporary), cause it allows for those who are on the fence about a game, try it out for a discounted price. Best case scenario, the Devs gain more fans, and long time fans will purchase more games, thus more money. Also, the whole "videogames are too expensive" really is a fallacy. The excuse is used in hopes they get whales to spend more and more money. Especially when it comes to Lootboxes and MTX. Really truly, if videogames are too expensive to make, the Devs/Publishers are in the wrong business.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Tanked prices are a weird effect of supply and demand, particularly in the case of a product that has infinite supply with no cost of production per unit. Games with insane demand have insane prices (terraria is often only a dollar, portal 2 is often only 2) You wouldn't see a brand new $60 AAA release dropping prices if they relied solely on producing and shipping physical copies for sales, but when a game has zero demand whatsoever, even upon launch, price will plummet just to make any reasonable sales figures because digital copies cost literally nothing to produce. Case in point, not long after launch, you could get Just Cause 3, 4, Mafia 3 for somewhere around $20. Fallout 76 dropped to a paltry $17 (or was it $12?) during the holiday season just weeks after launch to make literally any return on that piece of garbage. It's an issue with bad games and games nobody cares about, you'll rarely see a brand new game like Sekiro or NieR Automata drop below $50 during a sale, at least not until a year or so post-release.

Steam: Annie
Discord: Annie#6365

15 minutes ago, Annie said:

Tanked prices are a weird effect of supply and demand, particularly in the case of a product that has infinite supply with no cost of production per unit.

That's the thing though. Game Devs/Publishers think we're idiots who'll fall for limited supplies for completely digital goods, like limited timed Lootboxes. The worst thing is, there are those, mostly kids, who do fall for such schemes.

19 minutes ago, Annie said:

Case in point, not long after launch, you could get Just Cause 3, 4, Mafia 3 for somewhere around $20. Fallout 76 dropped to a paltry $17 (or was it $12?) during the holiday season just weeks after launch to make literally any return on that piece of garbage.

NBA2K20 consistently drops down to like $17. Even like in it's first week.

Is this destiny game like fortnight? if so, color me unsurprised , they intend to make all of their investments through ads, merch, lootboxes and customizations.

I generally try to avoid those types of games.

Destiny (and 2) is an MMO that isn't an MMO. You have Raids, PVP, an Economy, Dungeons, Guilds, etc. The only real MMO aspect that it's lacking is the thousands of players in one server, and a Taskbar with your hotkeys. Sure, you'll see like a hundred in your base, but I wouldn't call that MMO material. It's not massive enough.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:00 PM, Psychotic Ninja said:

Destiny (and 2) is an MMO that isn't an MMO. You have Raids, PVP, an Economy, Dungeons, Guilds, etc. The only real MMO aspect that it's lacking is the thousands of players in one server, and a Taskbar with your hotkeys. Sure, you'll see like a hundred in your base, but I wouldn't call that MMO material. It's not massive enough.

Agreed. The only place where there's more than maybe 8 players at once is at the bases, everything else is instanced so strong as to make it barely multiplayer.

bi ti ʤi ˈbulzaɪ

34 minutes ago, BTGBullseye said:

Agreed. The only place where there's more than maybe 8 players at once is at the bases, everything else is instanced so strong as to make it barely multiplayer.

It'll be like if in TF2, you defaulted to an Idle or Trade Server, but an official one, while waiting for an actual match to begin. Sure, you'll see like a hundred in the server while waiting for a match, but when the match starts, you'll see only seven others.