The Chinese pork crisis and the cornovirus.

4 hours ago, kerdios said:

The issue we have here is a misunderstanding of the term "antibiotics".
Antibiotics are usually agents that kill the foreign body.
The HIV cocktail (a.k.a ART) is a mix of inhibitors that don't affect the virus directly but rather prevent processes that naturally occur in the body that the virus piggy backs on to replicate and in that way prevent it from spreading. But the virus itself is unharmed.
So that is why ART and other antivirals are not considered antibiotics.

Looks like I was beaten to it.

the name's riley

As i observe the situation, i suspect that another big issue is sympathetic infection. In the rush to get everyone a hospital bed, they have cut corners and let the sanitation discipline go lax. Now sympathetic infections are dangerous in normal, top of the line state of the art hospitals, but in an epidemic? nightmare fuel. 

We maybe at a point, where it may be safer to stay home and stay hydrated, then it is to go to the doctor. 

Well we've passed 500 dead. Looking to overtake Sars in half the time of it. I wonder how far it'll go....

7 hours ago, Eshanas said:

Well we've passed 500 dead. Looking to overtake Sars in half the time of it. I wonder how far it'll go....

What concerns me, is that the number dead, is the same as the number of reported infected from two weeks ago. 

1.22.2020: 651 confirmed infected, 25 dead. 2.6.2020: 31,214 confirmed infected, and 639 confirmed dead. 

Note that the communist numbers may be doctored. 

also, we have not seen any images of recovered people in china. This is something that strikes me odd and is concerning. 

Edited by Naughty Hieroglyph (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, Naughty Hieroglyph said:

Yeah, there have been eye witness reports from china that indicate that the numbers have been fudged downwards

Burn the World!

7 hours ago, kerdios said:

Yeah, there have been eye witness reports from china that indicate that the numbers have been fudged downwards

Knowing China, that would not be surprising. 

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

14 hours ago, Naughty Hieroglyph said:

What concerns me, is that the number dead, is the same as the number of reported infected from two weeks ago. 

1.22.2020: 651 confirmed infected, 25 dead. 2.6.2020: 31,214 confirmed infected, and 639 confirmed dead. 

also, we have not seen any images of recovered people in china. This is something that strikes me odd and is concerning. 

720 dead. 2000 'recovered'; 35,000 cases, and China is touting a picture of four health care workers who 'recovered', (saw it on France24) but that's probably to offset their dead whistleblower.

The damn thing isn't doubling, but it doesn't seem to be burning out or slowing down, either. Just how many people went into that damn market? There's talk of fecal-transmission now, like SARS.

Everything about this is screwy. If this was the only thing going on, it would be bad enough, but it's not. 

the disruption is now killing off livestock due to loss of feed. This is on top of other food disruptions due to year of the rat plague year. So when everything is resolved, food prices will go up due to demand caused by the famine. How severe that famine will be, depends on how long this goes on and how many people die. 

Now the kicker: had the chinese been honest from the get go, planning and forecasting could have been done to minimize loss of life and disruption. At some point they will have to lift the quarantine just so that they can make medicine and food.  

The damage is very severe. Smart people will never trust this regime ever again, and probably start moving business away. So if/when they make a full recovery, things will not be the same. Considering that this is not the first time this has happened, and each time keeps getting worse, there is no other alternative but to move business and manufacturing elsewhere until they sort themselves out. 

13 hours ago, Naughty Hieroglyph said:

Everything about this is screwy. If this was the only thing going on, it would be bad enough, but it's not. 

the disruption is now killing off livestock due to loss of feed. This is on top of other food disruptions due to year of the rat plague year. So when everything is resolved, food prices will go up due to demand caused by the famine. How severe that famine will be, depends on how long this goes on and how many people die. 

Now the kicker: had the chinese been honest from the get go, planning and forecasting could have been done to minimize loss of life and disruption. At some point they will have to lift the quarantine just so that they can make medicine and food.  

The damage is very severe. Smart people will never trust this regime ever again, and probably start moving business away. So if/when they make a full recovery, things will not be the same. Considering that this is not the first time this has happened, and each time keeps getting worse, there is no other alternative but to move business and manufacturing elsewhere until they sort themselves out. 

That wants happens when you cut corners.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Any current info regarding how many ppl have recovered from the disease?

Burn the World!

On 2/20/2020 at 6:13 AM, kerdios said:

Any current info regarding how many ppl have recovered from the disease?

From china or from the rest of the world? What is bothering me is that we don't see pictures of recovered people. We don't see them smiling, or talking, or going home. Granted, this might be to protect them from a panicked public, but at the same time it's also concerning. In an era where the media makes tons of money off of gloom and doom, they are suspiciously silent about this. 

It's the silence that bothers me the most. 

6 hours ago, Naughty Hieroglyph said:

From china or from the rest of the world?

both or any

Burn the World!

On 2/23/2020 at 7:45 AM, kerdios said:

both or any

On 2/23/2020 at 1:43 AM, Naughty Hieroglyph said:

From china or from the rest of the world? What is bothering me is that we don't see pictures of recovered people. We don't see them smiling, or talking, or going home. Granted, this might be to protect them from a panicked public, but at the same time it's also concerning. In an era where the media makes tons of money off of gloom and doom, they are suspiciously silent about this. 

It's the silence that bothers me the most. 

Hello from the future! This thing has turned into a global pandemic and we're being kicked in the balls about it.

Uh, live maps and the big Hopkins University map say there's around 200k recovered, as of about 04/01/20. 40k dead. And around 860, 900k infected. 

I think there might be some recovered people out and about. Tom Hanks came back? I think he got it and was healed, he's in LA right now. But yea. 

2020 everybody.

2 hours ago, Eshanas said:

Hello from the future! This thing has turned into a global pandemic and we're being kicked in the balls about it.

Uh, live maps and the big Hopkins University map say there's around 200k recovered, as of about 04/01/20. 40k dead. And around 860, 900k infected. 

I think there might be some recovered people out and about. Tom Hanks came back? I think he got it and was healed, he's in LA right now. But yea. 

2020 everybody.

My big surprise is that Mongolia only has 12 reported active cases as I write this

Burn the World!

4 hours ago, kerdios said:

My big surprise is that Mongolia only has 12 reported active cases as I write this

Can't report them if you aren't allowed to test for it...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

23 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Can't report them if you aren't allowed to test for it...

Mongolia is a democracy as far as I know, not communist like russia and china

Burn the World!

6 hours ago, kerdios said:

Mongolia is a democracy as far as I know, not communist like russia and china

You think China cares what Mongolia calls their government?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

1 hour ago, BTGBullseye said:

You think China cares what Mongolia calls their government?

That's a weird thing to ask...
You think Syria cares what Israel calls their government?

Burn the World!

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.