The Chinese pork crisis and the cornovirus.

20 hours ago, kerdios said:

That's a weird thing to ask...
You think Syria cares what Israel calls their government?

China considers Mongolia a part of China, and you can see how they've treated Hong Kong and the "one country, two systems" thing they said they had going on there... If you're unaware, here's a nice "short" summary for you...

https://imgur.com/user/SavingHongKong

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

2 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

China considers Mongolia a part of China, and you can see how they've treated Hong Kong and the "one country, two systems" thing they said they had going on there... If you're unaware, here's a nice "short" summary for you...

https://imgur.com/user/SavingHongKong

Syria also initially viewed Israel as part of Syria, the initial Arab population wanted to call it "Southern Syria", doesn't mean Syria have a lick of say on what happens there...

Also HongKong (and Macau) was "lent" to the british (the portugese) for 99 years which is what started this entire fiasco; Mongolia is a sovereign autonomy country, funnily enough because the soviet union wanted a buffer between itself and the chinese :D

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

7 hours ago, kerdios said:

Mongolia is a sovereign autonomy country

Not according to the Chinese government...

1 hour ago, BTGBullseye said:

Not according to the Chinese government...

Yes it is? And even if the Chinese government didn't think that way, they'd have about as much control over Mongolia as they do over Taiwan. Mongolia is not connected to China in the same way as Hong Kong. Are you confusing Outer and Inner Mongolia?

9 hours ago, Mira said:

Yes it is? And even if the Chinese government didn't think that way, they'd have about as much control over Mongolia as they do over Taiwan. Mongolia is not connected to China in the same way as Hong Kong. Are you confusing Outer and Inner Mongolia?

He has a habit of spouting complete nonsense, some of which would almost be correct if he wasn't completely missing or ignoring important details. I mean, you can't expect all 18k of those posts to be winners, but I'd at least hope some of them weren't losers.

the name's riley

So, apparently 5G caused/linked coronavirus conspiracy theories are becoming popular.

What a time to live in. We simultaneously have better access to more reliable information than ever and come up with stupidest ideas about the world.

On 8/9/2020 at 1:28 AM, Naughty Hieroglyph said:

Well this thread aged well.....

21,000,000 infected worldwide, 755kish dead, flu deaths globally are around 600k. World might hit 1.5 million dead by December.

5,400,000 in the US, 170k Dead. Flu deaths last year were around 62k dead. US might hit 200k by October, 300k by December.

Top countries infected: USA, Brazil, India, Russia, SA, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Spain.

And this is just what is recorded. Some don't report - intentionally or not. Some want to test more, some can't test at all. Some fudge numbers, some try to ignore it's even happening (Hello, Turkmenistan, NK, USA...).

Global recession, most probably will lead to a depression in 2, 3 years time. Tens of millions unemployed, the entire post-information workforce was shifted to the home while suddenly counter clerks and couriers are the backbone of cities.

What a fucking year.

Edited by Eshanas (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Eshanas said:

21,000,000 infected worldwide, 755kish dead, flu deaths globally are around 600k. World might hit 1.5 million dead by December.

5,400,000 in the US, 170k Dead. Flu deaths last year were around 62k dead. US might hit 200k by October, 300k by December.

Top countries infected: USA, Brazil, India, Russia, SA, Peru, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Spain.

And this is just what is recorded. Some don't report - intentionally or not. Some want to test more, some can't test at all. Some fudge numbers, some try to ignore it's even happening (Hello, Turkmenistan, NK, USA...).

Global recession, most probably will lead to a depression in 2, 3 years time. Tens of millions unemployed, the entire post-information workforce was shifted to the home while suddenly counter clerks and couriers are the backbone of cities.

What a fucking year.

All that and no mention whatsoever of the total lack of realistic numbers from China, apart from the CCP saying "we have no infections whatsoever anymore, just trust us on this because we won't let you verify independently".

7 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

All that and no mention whatsoever of the total lack of realistic numbers from China, apart from the CCP saying "we have no infections whatsoever anymore, just trust us on this because we won't let you verify independently".

it's ok, they are one of the fudgers in the elipses after USA

Burn the World!

245,000 American dead. November 9th.

Second wave may hit NYC soon again. France and UK shutdown again. 100k cases per day in the USA. 50 mil infected overall, circa 10 mil concurrently active.

New strain detected out of a Danish mink farm. Hundreds of thousands of minks culled, 250 odd humans infected.

Pfizer announces their vaccine is 90% effective, but isn’t out yet.

This sounds like a apocalyptic log....

Edited by Eshanas (see edit history)

On 11/9/2020 at 2:58 PM, Eshanas said:

245,000 American dead. November 9th.

Second wave may hit NYC soon again. France and UK shutdown again. 100k cases per day in the USA. 50 mil infected overall, circa 10 mil concurrently active.

New strain detected out of a Danish mink farm. Hundreds of thousands of minks culled, 250 odd humans infected.

Pfizer announces their vaccine is 90% effective, but isn’t out yet.

This sounds like a apocalyptic log....

Colorado is going back on lockdown and curfew due to the massive uptick in infections and death. All hospitals in my area are so overflowing with patients that they are turning away anyone that isn't requiring ICU to stay alive.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:53 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Colorado is going back on lockdown and curfew due to the massive uptick in infections and death. All hospitals in my area are so overflowing with patients that they are turning away anyone that isn't requiring ICU to stay alive.

California is doing measures. ICUs around the country are approaching full capacity.

And the US reached 301,000 dead.

Fauci estimates we might reach 450k by the end of January .

I am not really buying that just "oh, they were eating bats" was the reason. I am pretty confident that people were eating bats before and there were no pandemics because of that. This virus looks more like something artificial. But I am not a medical researcher, and not even a chef, so... Well, sorry for bumping this thread anyway.

On 1/5/2022 at 4:08 PM, WhiteFlame said:

I am not really buying that just "oh, they were eating bats" was the reason. I am pretty confident that people were eating bats before and there were no pandemics because of that. This virus looks more like something artificial. But I am not a medical researcher, and not even a chef, so... Well, sorry for bumping this thread anyway.

Bumping threads is fine if you have something to add. We're not locking threads here as per Ross's instruction, so more discussion is always welcome.

I agree though, I don't think it came from bats. I'm not sure about whether it was artificially created either, there's a huge lack of evidence for that. It does seem to have come from Chinese caged animals from what I originally gathered, so that seems more likely. The conditions these animals are in are horrendous, with lots of possibility for viruses to fester.

Thing is we've seen coronaviruses before. It's not a new thing. It's just that this one is different enough that we didn't have any good defense against it, but the vaccines definitely helped with that.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.