THE LONGING

Sign in to follow this  

I like the art, music is atmospheric, but I gave up after 10 minutes. It's an excruciatingly slow idle adventure game. You click and wait 2hours and a door is open. It's like someone played Neverhood and decided to make a game out of that 20 minutesin a corridor.

It's an interesting experiment of a game. When you paint pictures and furnish you room the time goes by much faster (like 7-8 times I think). After some time you get a bit more access to different places.

While the exploring is fun, after you have explored all of the underground kingdom you have kinda nothing to do. Not for everybody.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:18 PM, An_aspiring_mushroom said:

It's a bit long. 
I think the only proper way to experience it is be jailed in a solitary cell and only be allowed to play this game. 

Or during a lockdown, ;)

One thing I'm learning as I get older as a gamer is that I don't have to quickly consume every game I come across with. The Longing is a very special game and it's worth it to train your patience with it.

This game makes me think of Ross' Qualifier "Does it respect my time?"

It's border line.

I've sunk a few hours into this one, and it is definitely an interesting concept. However I find myself not wanting to come back to it (haven't beaten it, or explored everywhere that I even wanted to explore)

You can speed up time, but in order to do so you have to stay in your "room". If you go out into the world time goes back to passing normally, and it takes so long just to get anywhere in the map. It's not so much about patients as it is there are only so many hours in the day, and I don't want to waste 2 of them waiting for the dude to cross the map so I can check out the new area that just opened up.