FREEMAN'S MIND - EPISODE 5

Sign in to follow this  

ep5title.jpg

640x480 WMV (47MB)

Well I've been extremely busy, but I would have felt bad not getting SOMETHING out for Halloween. This isn't really Halloween themed, but this section takes place in one of the creepier parts of Half-Life. I'll be the first to admit this one has a few shortcomings. It's not really anything new for the FM series, but I'm still having some problems pacing everything because I'll record the footage ahead of time before I know everything I'm going to say. So there are some sections where Freeman is a little rapid-fire with his commentary. This can be kind of neat in the sense that it makes him appear more manic, but I still want to avoid it. I spend less time trying to perfect FM than I would with CP as it's just commentary on top of game footage. Also I apologize but this episode has a little bit of volume clipping. I tried my best to clean it up, but I may have to look into getting a better mic as mine's pretty cheap.

My main goal with the series is to keep moving forward with it so I can get more episodes out as I have a lot of ground to cover. Unfortunately production will still be stalled for a little bit longer, but I'll make an annnouncement as soon as I'm done with Noesis, then I'll really move into full gear on this stuff. The current release rate of Freeman's Mind is NOT representative of how long it takes to make an episode, I've just been too busy to make more. So it may take a little while, but the pace WILL improve.  

In other news I'm getting closer to finishing the design of the website, but the coder helping me has gotten pneumonia and has been too sick to work on it lately, so lets hope he doesn't die on me. 

Lol, that was really funny. Didn't hear any audio problems =/

do you use a video capture card or a recording software?

Do you use a software or a capture card for recording?

Haha, I have yet to watch it because I'm slightly busy, but fantastic work on this one! I'm sure everybody will be happy to see a new one.

Also, really looking forward to the new website. It looks real cool.

noob o rama: I output directly from the game engine itself. It's a great feature and means I don't have to record in realtime.

that was GREAT ross. Thank you for making that! Once you're done with the neosis stuff... I can't imagine what will occur. The beast will be unleashed! Take care- and remember: where there's a gun, there's fun!

Follow the Dead body road! Dude you should use that again its an grovy line.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be dieing
anytime soon.

But I will get to work on the website, though.

I haven't seen it yet but if you do find any dissatisfaction in your work, I don't mind waiting longer for it. Thank you for all the hard work you've been doing!

Got really excited when I saw this in my subscriptions.
Great episode.
I see you haven't got the High def pack. why is that?
And last time you replied to my comment you said you want to keep him alive? So I asume it's going to take a long ass time to get these episodes out.
I can wait though

FOLLOW THE DEAD BODY ROAD!, I almost blew my tea across the room when I heard that, Genius I tell ya! Keep it up, I want more...
Superb work.

hey ross,

I think that, unless it is too much trouble for you, you should have a sub-section of your new website that gives people a link t wath Freeman's Mind on YouTube or to download it/stream it. It just seems hard to think that people can appreciate your work if it is no-where to be found.

Just a tip

Woo! Another FM episode! Thanks Ross!
I hope you get done with Noesis soon. It sounds like it is a monsterous amount of work. At least you're getting paid for it though, right?

Also, I hope mysterious coder man gets well soon! Send him my well wishes if you talk to him again.

Freeman's Mind is one of the best things on the 'net. Keep up the good work!

Finally just watched it, and man! I was sure laughing and found this to be one of the funniest ones yet. It's probably getting better and better as the game gives you more deaths and weapons to comment on, so it's looking great.

Ross Thanks

Everyday after work I've visit your webside for new updates and for weekend you done this. THX

dead body road people: You should know I cut out the line "We're off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of blood!" for time.

anonymous dude: it will take a long time, but the pace will pick up too

anonymous dude: FM will have its own obvious section on the new website. That's part of the whole reason I'll have a new one, because I'll be making other things in addition to CP.

Haha. Sir, you do a great job.

Loved the "organs" part. OH OH! And the part at the end with the gun.