FREEMAN'S MIND - EPISODE 5

Sign in to follow this  

YEAH DOG!!! Cant wait for episode 6...number 5 was great!

I love this stuff! Glad you've made a new episode! =)

You did a great job on the video. I didn't notice any issues, Freeman only switched topics quickly from time to time, but it didn't bother me, it was all really good.
So long as you keep setting goals as you talk so much about doing, I'm sure all your videos will turn out great.

Another awesome episode

I think my favourite part was his little jump @ 2:55 when he got the door open.

NO THE OTHER HAND YOU IDIOT!

Best... Series... EVER!

Why'd you cut out the "We're off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of blood!" I couldn't breathe a while after that song.

Absolutely brilliant, its like peep show (an english show). I wonder gordon freemans opinion of alyx, that should be funny.

Absolutley awesome thanks

[email protected]

Great Work! I love it, and I can't wait for more FM and CP! Sorry to hear about the coder for the new website having pneumonia.

very good but you missed some funny parts like the guy in front of the strob light tv was a zombie you could have walked in to help him saw he was a zombie and ran of making a joke about how tv makes people mindless zombies and the guy shooting the zombies could have followed you then died . but over all its a QREAT series and thats the only thing i wont to bring up

Excellent work, man. Keep it up, and good luck with real life too

YAGE (Yet another great episode). I don't think the 'rushed' sense hurts the humour too much. I'm less certain about the increasing self-reference (eg, the computer squishing the headcrab, and Freeman's comment on this) - I like it quite a lot, it's exactly my kind of thing - but I can see it taking over the series, which would be a shame.

I could have just posted this on youtube...but I thought I'd make the extra effort, plus there is more chance you'll actully READ this Just want to say thank you for making my day with the latest episode and also, just quick note, I don't know how you plan on going with this, but PLEASE don't be temped to do anything too 'out there' you know, adding stuff and fucking with what really happened because I and I'm sure other people too, think that fact that it is the the fact that it follows the actual game, making us think back to when we first played it is what gives the series it's strength.

Thanks again

FINALLY... I've been waiting for this, much more than Civil Protection (although I still like Civil Protection, don't get me wrong). This series is my favorite!

Ah, so would you think something like Freeman speaking, as an excuse for people replying to him, would be too 'out there' as well or is that just a feature that wouldn't matter as it doesn't change any story?

Best episode yet.

"My enemy is the enemy of my other enemy."

great.

anonymous guy: Yeah I think the "other hand" part was my favorite out of this episode.

dirdle: well I'm trying to approach it so it doesn't feel too contrived. Any normal person would have had thoughts after seeing the computer wipe out the headcrab I thought.

anonymous dude: Well you're right, I'll read your comment here, but not necessarily on youtube. I'm glad so many people can watch it, but on the other hand some of the comments can get really stupid sometimes, so I only look at it sparingly.

As for your concern, I can only do so much with the game anyway. Most of my changes will be with trying to increase immersion slightly (like Gordon holstering his crowbar to climb up a ladder). As a spoiler, the biggest change you'll notice is I plan for Gordon do deal out a more realistic amount of damage from his guns. That always bugged me about HL1 anyway. No soldier is going to take a shotgun blast at point blank range and keep firing, kevlar or not. So it might appear "super easy", but lets say I'll be operating on a Counter-strike damage system rather than a Half-Life one.

Are you going to try to make Freeman's Mind extended to Half-Life 2? I know that is an extremely long term goal seeing as how it is a long ass game.
(Can't wait till Gordon see's the Gman up ahead for the first time!)

Hey don't beat yourself up!
It's perfect!
Also, wish all the best for the Coder.

commenting on your plan for gordon to do more damage with his guns, i really dont mind that but i would like to see the larger eneamys like the gurganta (or however its spelled) still take huge amounts of damage.

but so far its great and i love the series i hope to see more soon.

'Gargantua' by the way, but if he does continue each episode exactly where he left off and follow the complete storyline, I think there will definitely be problem on the way.

I guess if he can grip an audience by the first episode he made while standing still on a Tram, then that's pretty good work, and it'll do for other riding or walking sequences to get people's attention by the numerous topics he has in his head.

LOL! nice episode. I am trying to make my own machinima called "Civil Protection Recruits" and it's no way associated with Civil Protection. It's just about newly(is that a word???) rectuited CP officers and a weird civilian. There is more info on my blog. Am I breaking a rule for advertising a blog on a blog? oh well. It will probably be on Youtube and Machinima.com around Thanksgiving or Christmas when I have alot of time to make an episode. Anyways, YOURE MACHINIMAS ARE AWESOME! Freemand's Mind and Civil Protection are hilarious