Cyberpunk 2077

Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, Fenric said:

the as yet undetailed multiplayer.

The last I heard, they had committed to 100% no multiplayer at all...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah it seems to be planned as its own distinct title for later release. I'm interested to see if it's as separate as they say or rather something like what Warzone is to the recent Modern Warfare. Maybe it'll be Cyberpunk-themed mahjong.

17 hours ago, Fenric said:

Yeah it seems to be planned as its own distinct title for later release. I'm interested to see if it's as separate as they say or rather something like what Warzone is to the recent Modern Warfare. Maybe it'll be Cyberpunk-themed mahjong.

It would be interesting if they made it free for Cyberpunk 2077 owners, and 2077 free for multiplayer purchasers.

10 hours ago, kerdios said:

@BTGBullseye did you also get all those glitches?

2 of them. The permanently terrified civvies, and the elevator spawn glitch. At least the elevator spawn made it much easier to complete the mission. Then again, I play on a decent gaming PC, not some shitty console.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

im  60+ hours in and its quite flawed but I'm loving it to be honest . Great story , the guns have weight to them , the leveling system is dense and its the most impressive in game city ever built in my opinion . I could go on but yeah I really like it . 

Edited by carrotman2323 (see edit history)

On 12/25/2020 at 12:13 AM, BTGBullseye said:

2 of them. The permanently terrified civvies, and the elevator spawn glitch. At least the elevator spawn made it much easier to complete the mission. Then again, I play on a decent gaming PC, not some shitty console.

Yea its kind of annoying that a lot of people are judging the game on the old consoles which have just dog shit hardware . Runs fine on my pc at 1080p. It was really misleading how Cyberpunk was marketed towards console players though . 

8 hours ago, carrotman2323 said:

Yea its kind of annoying that a lot of people are judging the game on the old consoles which have just dog shit hardware . Runs fine on my pc at 1080p. It was really misleading how Cyberpunk was marketed towards console players though . 

Well, it was marketed towards the new consoles, and towards being playable on old consoles without having to buy a second copy when getting a new console... But it was most heavily marketed towards PC.

15 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Well, it was marketed towards the new consoles, and towards being playable on old consoles without having to buy a second copy when getting a new console... But it was most heavily marketed towards PC.

Again I'm loving the game on pc but its simply a fact that they mislead last gen console players . go watch the official PS4 "gameplay" showcase if you don't believe me , it was a complete misrepresentation of how the game actually plays on that system . Don't really know how this could be disputed its a fact , they also had a statements saying it would run "surprisingly well" on old hardware. They pulled an Ubisoft 

5 hours ago, carrotman2323 said:

Again I'm loving the game on pc but its simply a fact that they mislead last gen console players . go watch the official PS4 "gameplay" showcase if you don't believe me , it was a complete misrepresentation of how the game actually plays on that system . Don't really know how this could be disputed its a fact , they also had a statements saying it would run "surprisingly well" on old hardware. They pulled an Ubisoft 

Is it true the driving AI is vice City tier? Even if the glitches are fixed, I'm not really interested in a potomkin village of blade runner game

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

5 hours ago, carrotman2323 said:

they also had a statements saying it would run "surprisingly well" on old hardware.

TBF, as bad as it was, it's still surprisingly good for what the game is.

12 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

TBF, as bad as it was, it's still surprisingly good for what the game is.

i agree for the most part. its far and away the most impressive game city ever the sheer size of the skyscrapers ,monuments etc is astonishing .

12 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Is it true the driving AI is vice City tier? Even if the glitches are fixed, I'm not really interested in a potomkin village of blade runner game

sadly it is and the average civilian AI is no better . The enemy AI is pretty bad too but what youd expect in a modern open world game its no worse then any Ubisoft title .  The driver AI is so bad that if you park your vehicle in a wide open road they dont know how to drive around it they'll just sit there for eternity lol . CD Projekt Red has said its a glitch and not working as intended but frankly i dont believe them an doubt it can be fixed with patches . BUT theres many things praise worthy about the game id encourage you to give it a chance maybe wait for patches and when its on sale . 

8 hours ago, carrotman2323 said:

sadly it is and the average civilian AI is no better . The enemy AI is pretty bad too but what youd expect in a modern open world game its no worse then any Ubisoft title .  The driver AI is so bad that if you park your vehicle in a wide open road they dont know how to drive around it they'll just sit there for eternity lol . CD Projekt Red has said its a glitch and not working as intended but frankly i dont believe them an doubt it can be fixed with patches . BUT theres many things praise worthy about the game id encourage you to give it a chance maybe wait for patches and when its on sale . 

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

now that its out, we all now love how broken and shitty it is, lets just hope they fix everything cause it could be a really good game, and all the people who bought it for the regular ps4 got ripped off.

Edited by banuno (see edit history)

Funny enough I've still heard no comment on the narrative all these months later. Positive things about the gameplay and world, negative things about performance and bugs, basically nothing on the actual story which I genuinely think is the single most important part of a good RPG.

the name's riley

On 5/24/2021 at 1:41 PM, Annie said:

Funny enough I've still heard no comment on the narrative all these months later. Positive things about the gameplay and world, negative things about performance and bugs, basically nothing on the actual story which I genuinely think is the single most important part of a good RPG.

It's quite good, and anything I tell you about it will be major spoilers, especially since the first couple main missions are essentially the tutorial covered in the story. (they don't feel like tutorials nearly as much as the vast majority of games, like a less handholdy version of the tower climb in Far Cry 2)

When people say stuff about "the world" in regards to CP2077, they include the story, since there are several very comprehensive and detailed stories couched in "sidequests" that end up being equivalent to main storylines in most games. Think of each as an entire D&D campaign, (though not hindered by scheduling conflicts) and each mission as a session in that campaign.

4 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

It's quite good, and anything I tell you about it will be major spoilers, especially since the first couple main missions are essentially the tutorial covered in the story. (they don't feel like tutorials nearly as much as the vast majority of games, like a less handholdy version of the tower climb in Far Cry 2)

When people say stuff about "the world" in regards to CP2077, they include the story, since there are several very comprehensive and detailed stories couched in "sidequests" that end up being equivalent to main storylines in most games. Think of each as an entire D&D campaign, (though not hindered by scheduling conflicts) and each mission as a session in that campaign.

so the sidequests feel more like witcher sidequests than wow sidequests in regards to storytelleing?

Burn the World!