Freeman Rejecting G-Man's Offer A Viable Option?

There's a significant problem with the notion of him actually fighting that that unwinnable battle for a time: the game fades out almost immediately after transport, and in fades the credits. The game doesn't LET you try to fight the battle, and I don't think it's possible to overcome this without some serious reprogramming, something that doesn't strike me as worth doing for just an April Fool's/What If episode.

If it weren't for that I'd be for the idea totally, but since that happens...

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

That wouldn't solve the problem, because if they won't attack, how will he fight? Or will it just be a staring contest until he changes his mind?

I really like this idea...it just seems to me like it would take some modding work to become doable, is all.

I am a lady, and I wish to be addressed as such.

Even though the need to mod the game is a good point, Ross has already modded the game for at least one part, AFAIK. In the generator part, when he jumps from the elevator to the pipe (I think it was episode 11, not sure anyway) he made the pipe into a ladder: it was making ladder noise, and moving the way he moves with noclip would be just impossible. I think. Anyway putting an invisible ladder or whatever in the map is probably easier if you know the SDK, and Civil Protection shows us Ross does know it. So would just modding that part be so hard to keep him from doing stuff the way he wants to (if he wants to do it that way, of course)? He did The Tunnel! So what?

I found an epic way to end Half-life refusing G-Mans offer. Quoted from a troper from TV tropes, "Gordon will want to accept G-Man's offer, after all he's mentioned having to find a new job. However, Gordon will spend so much time rambling to himself that the window to accept the offer will end and G-Man will teleport him into the room with the 30 alien grunts, while Gordon screams that he wanted to accept the job. But Gordon will reveal that there was one weapon G-Man forgot to confiscate: the crowbar. The series will have a Bolivian Army Ending as Gordon screams and charges at the grunts, crowbar in hand."

I found an epic way to end Half-life refusing G-Mans offer. Quoted from a troper from TV tropes, "Gordon will want to accept G-Man's offer, after all he's mentioned having to find a new job. However, Gordon will spend so much time rambling to himself that the window to accept the offer will end and G-Man will teleport him into the room with the 30 alien grunts, while Gordon screams that he wanted to accept the job. But Gordon will reveal that there was one weapon G-Man forgot to confiscate: the crowbar. The series will have a Bolivian Army Ending as Gordon screams and charges at the grunts, crowbar in hand."

Yeah I read that too, but I doubt Ross will end it there though. I have no doubt FM will stay popular till the very end.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Freeman does not sound like a person who will go to a fight he has no chance of winning so i think he will accept the offer.

hmmm..... hey maybe gordon and gman are the same person. well i got to say something. Gordon will do something like this when he sees gman.

"WTF i JUST SAW U 50 TIMES IN BLACK MESA!!!!" "oh hey here's my crowbar still." *takes out crowbar hits gman and doses nothing at all* "MAN U ARE HARDER THEN THAT BIG BABY THE SHOTS GREEN BALLS"

hmmm..... hey maybe gordon and gman are the same person. well i got to say something. Gordon will do something like this when he sees gman.

"WTF i JUST SAW U 50 TIMES IN BLACK MESA!!!!" "oh hey here's my crowbar still." *takes out crowbar hits gman and doses nothing at all* "MAN U ARE HARDER THEN THAT BIG BABY THE SHOTS GREEN BALLS"

I don't...I don't uhh...think that will...happen...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I don't...I don't uhh...think that will...happen...

I wish my parents let me post on forums when I was 11.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I was kind of under the impression that he'd go, "Well now that Black Mesa is fucked I am in the market for a new job..." and just incoherently ramble in his head for about a minute or so and then choose to take the offer on these grounds.

OmG DAT WUD B SO AWSUM, He'D B LIKE " ZOMG , That Wuold Be Ep1c.

It really wouldn't be very difficult to have Freeman reject the offer and, instead of being teleported to the room with lifeless alien grunts, be "teleported" back into the office complex or another map, which Ross could easily populate with a variety of enemies prior to recording. Good 'ol npc_create monster_(npc name here)! And let's not forget notarget, so they don't chase you down and kill you before the recording starts!

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

It can kill off any chances for a Freeman's Mind 2, so it's actually a better idea.

What are you implying?

Making a Freeman's Mind 2 would be an awkward, and bad idea.

It's hard to incorporate Freeman's original personality into Half Life 2, so rejecting G-Man's offer would be a good idea.

It's only an opinion guy's, don't get fussed up over this. 8-)